Archinect
anchor

need flikr - typ software for networked office image management

pescador

i'm looking for a program our office can use to organize reference images that will enable us to put all the photos in one location but sort them via tags. any suggestions? again, this would need to be network friendly... we do not want to put the images on an online service... essentially i'm looking for Flikr for a network.

i've already looked into picassa but tagging is only available on web albums (in the US) at this time (cough-bullshit!-cough).

thanks in advance...

Oct 16, 08 2:52 pm
manamana

adobe bridge? use "assign keywords" like tags and it's tied into indesign and photoshop if your firm uses those.

Acdsee is cheaper if you're not already in bed with adobe

Oct 16, 08 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

picassa?

Oct 16, 08 3:24 pm  · 
 · 

most image viewers you can assign tags. eg xn view

Oct 16, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
usernametaken

windows can also do that, if you are using a PC. Just add "keywords" to images (right-mouse click on the image)... and if you use the windows search button, all images with that keyword show up.

Oct 16, 08 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
reurbanism

try Cumlus - http://www.canto.com/

Oct 16, 08 8:59 pm  · 
 · 

Flickr should really come out with a desktop version.

Oct 16, 08 9:55 pm  · 
 · 

how large is this image collection? seems like tagging the native file seems to be the best option. I have about 3000 images myself, and have them grouped by topic I know when the collection grows I'm in the shits because I don't have tags, but I also have the best of each collection on flickr for reference wherever I am

Oct 17, 08 1:34 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

There's a forum on Photo.net that deals with image libraries -- here's the link: Digital Darkroom Forum images>Libraries

While not specifically focused on design firms, this forum may give you some useful background information about how photography professionals and hobbiest address this problem.

Good luck.

Oct 17, 08 9:38 am  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

Aren't there quite a few apps that do this

Adobe LightRoom
Aperture
iPhoto
Bento
Microsoft Expression Media

Oct 24, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
threshold

Not sure about the rest but I do know Lightroom does not yet work in a networked environment (without a kludged solution). Hopefully soon.

Oct 24, 08 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: