Jun 26, 08 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

that is because sexuality is not allowed in the work place 4arch

consult your federally mandated workplace harassment training

Jun 27, 08 11:53 am  · 
 · 
ether

I hear bubble tea is all the rage. Personally, I can go without.... now southern sweet tea (say from Milo's or Guthries), i could drink that all day long.

mmm mmm

Jun 27, 08 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
surface

EnemyHands, I am openly queer everywhere I go, including here. And yeah, most of this discussion irritates me too. Feel free to email me.

Jun 27, 08 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
ether

so what you're saying, ss, is that i'll never have a chance?

Jun 27, 08 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
farmer

i feel threatened by and fearful of most gay men. they're scary. i am attracted to straight men, preferably married, preferably with tons of kids

Jun 27, 08 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

farmer, that's exactly who I'M attracted to, too! I knew you and I were friends for a reason!!

Jun 27, 08 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

"i feel threatened by and fearful of most gay men. they're scary."

you're a moron

Jun 27, 08 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
binary

nothing like sitting at my "office" in ferndale (which is a pride friendly city) and watching 2 hott ladies rub each others ass while ordering a small latte' with cream........

Jun 27, 08 5:54 pm  · 
 · 

hmmm I just think you too are talking about Brad Pitt....shameless you couldn't even mask it.

Jun 27, 08 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Hardcore dykes don't apply to the can't-hit-girls rule.

They are women in anatomy only and I think they are awesome.

Jun 27, 08 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

well, then, eat me

Jun 27, 08 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

You wanna take this outside?

Jun 27, 08 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

OT can you scan the article on how to get even with fascist moderators
there are quite a few of those at different forums

Jun 27, 08 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
binary

looks like a butch....acts like a butch...... then its a guy.... getting knocked the fk out........ bam....crash...pow............

Jun 27, 08 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

i like traditional sex and can still design like a madman

Jun 27, 08 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
surface

ether, no, you'll never have a chance, but that has nothing to do with your dangly bits. QUEER is a deliberate non-specification or blanket specification of the gender identities of people of interest.

Ether was just trying to see if there was anyone else that might actually understand or contribute to the conversation, which actually is pertinent to some of our experiences in design. Instead it was like getting sent back to kindergarten.

Whether or not it affects anyone's designs I have no idea (including about myself, since I am a total beginner), but constantly being in environments where my sexuality is considered: a) threatening and something that makes it ok for people to hit me, b) a joke, or c) something for the global dude ranch to whack off to, DOES affect my professional (and personal) experience.

Jun 27, 08 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
surface

cryzko, seriously, stfu up with the bigotry & butch bashing already. NOT AMUSING.
(Oh wait, maybe that's just inner butch coming out! Now you can invalidate me!!!)

FYI, gay sex is traditional.

And yeah, sir smokes a lot, I have NO reservations about starting shit.

Jun 27, 08 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
surface

oops -
Ether was just trying to see if there was

should say EnemyHands was..

(i guess I got the gay typo gene too? :) )

Jun 27, 08 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

gay sex is definitely not f'ing traditional for me, surfaces, jackass

Jun 27, 08 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

gay sex is nothing new.

the greeks did it. the romans did it. our "caveman" ancestors did it.

so yeah, it's traditional.

Jun 27, 08 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

gay sex is definitely not f'ing traditional for me. for me it is not traditional.

Jun 27, 08 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

thats pretty cool that you lived in caveman times, dread.

Jun 27, 08 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

an unsanitary form of birth control?

Jun 27, 08 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the anus unlike the vagina does not clean itself

Jun 27, 08 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

thats what they use the turtle top plunger for

Jun 27, 08 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

you know you're curious blackharp ;)

Jun 27, 08 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
surface

There's plenty of gay sex that isn't anal sex. Anal sex isn't inherently gay. Or entertaining. May I suggest gaining a modicum of dignity, which will accompany the attainment of comfort with the sexual component of human life. Humping kinda improves when you aren't afraid of everything.

OMG, gay men sometimes put stuff in each other's butts. Crazy. Who knew?

Jun 27, 08 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the person who got dysentery after some post oral ?

Jun 27, 08 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

what concerns me more is the people who repress sexuality. as Reich said frequent orgasm wards of mental instability. Just look to Freud's daughter for proof.

Jun 27, 08 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

damn, blackharp, and i just said you were allright on the "warm gun" thread 'cause you like the white album and lennon. well, here's one for you:

"whatever gets you through the night ,'salright, 'salright"

Jun 28, 08 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

yea blackharp just because its not acceptable as part of your regular sex, anal sex is as traditional as it comes.

Jun 28, 08 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

damn. everyone is turning on me because i don't agree that gay sex is traditional sex. i don't believe in the first sex that gay sex was possible. you guys are harsh.

Jun 28, 08 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

I'm gay. 65 and counting. Not sexually active, but many my age are -- just like straight people. Who cares ?

America is both sexually repressed and sexually obsessed. Maybe the two go together.

Doesn't make one iota of difference to my design life.

The discussion shows that there just isn't that much to say about it -- doesn't it ?

At least no one here's claimed it's a "lifestyle choice" -- thank "God" (my new Bright spelling of the term).

Jun 28, 08 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i was told to STFU..... sweet.....

it's called sarcasm.......... it's also called.... chill out..........

we can pick on me if you want..... i'll give you a bio to pick apart if needed.......

who really cares about all this.....
my cousin is a butch.... she's cool
i have a good friend that's gay.....
i live in a city that has one of the highest population of "pride" folks
i used to hang at afterhours clubs in detroit which are mostly gay to listen to "house" music.....imagine a white guy in detroit dancing in a afterhours club......hhahahahahah.....crazy

time to do the robot........ mr. roboto....mr. roboto.....

Jun 28, 08 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

surfaces is being sensitive

Jun 28, 08 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
surface

Oh, that old thing again? Sounds a lot like "But some of my best friends are black."

Jun 28, 08 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
surface

& Yes, I am sensitive. As far as I am concerned, that's a good thing. It doesn't strike terror or apologia in my heart to be called out on it like it's an attribute that automatically makes me dismissible.

(But some of my best friends are total bigots!)

Jun 28, 08 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thats cool.... i've dated a few too...along with asians/mexicans/whites/canadians...... i'm just looking for an arabic girl to finally check that off the list....

Jun 28, 08 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

my x gf is a lesbian now

Jun 28, 08 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
binary
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqkovOhkXi4

what you know about ninja

Jun 28, 08 9:52 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

ahaaa

Jun 28, 08 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

when they come out of closet, they go to thailand!

Jun 28, 08 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Not queer myself, but I have lots of queer friends and I fully support humans rights for all LGBT people.

Jun 29, 08 12:27 am  · 
 · 
surface

This thread is seriously souring. After about 8 years it's the first thing that made me think I shouldn't participate here anymore because there are enough people that make me feel unsafe/unwelcome. Not like I'm scared off, but there are plenty of places I can go where I never feel that way, and where abusive language is not tolerated by moderators.

(Sorry to come on the heels of LIG's comment though. It's not at all a response to you, D.)

Jun 29, 08 12:58 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

surfaces, here is part of the problem: A lot of people, myself included, read your posts and others' similar and think "OK, surfaces has it under control and is showing people what asses they are being" without chiming in to also say "Guys, stop being asses".

I mean seriously, the majority of the responses here are total 5th grade. I tend to just shrug them off and ignore. So instead, here: guys, stop being asses. Let's see if a serious discussion can still result.

Can anyone answer from personal experience these original questions:

...how closeted are you/were you at work/school? Does architecture (like many other creative practices) attract a higher proportion of us than other fields? Do you feel like your queerness has any influence/affect on your work?

Jun 29, 08 1:11 am  · 
 · 
binary

discuss.......................

Jun 29, 08 12:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: