Archinect
anchor

Blogging sites

Living in Gin

So, I want to move my blog (which nobody reads anyway) to something a little more grown-up and professional than MySpace. So far my choices are:

1. WordPress
2. BlogSpot
3. LiveJournal
4. ?

If possible, I'd like to incorporate some sort of live feed to my Facebook and MySpace pages. I know WordPress has this feature with Facebook, but I'm not sure about the others.

Any suggestions?

Nov 20, 07 6:12 pm

I use wordpress, for mine.
Almost a year. Like it alot..
However, i am thinking at some point of switching to the other version. I currently use the none Apache, and free webhosting version.
I would like to switch at some point so that i could post google ads..

Nov 20, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

We use blogspot aka blogger, very easy and the RSS feed is automatically set up. If you are already part of the gmail/ google ecosystem it has some nice little features

Nov 20, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
philipb

wordpress is pretty much the standard for standalone blogging platforms. Live feeds shouldnt really be a problem, all the platforms should generate rss feeds, you just need to figure out how to make myspace/whatever display them.

www.tumblr.com is great also, extremely easy to setup. probably not what your looking for, but others may be interested

Nov 21, 07 6:14 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I second Blogger, which has gotten a hell of a lot better over the past couple of years. It's templates are honestly very rankling, and Blogger does not give you the option of displaying only part of a post (Ideally, you would want a template that allows you to publish the first paragraph only, giving the reader the option to view the rest of the post).

I did purchase my own domain, and I am looking for other options (i.e. Wordpress, Typepad, Moveable Type).

Nov 21, 07 7:41 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I've decided to use WordPress for now... Looks like it does pretty much everything I want it to do.

Nov 21, 07 9:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: