Archinect
anchor

sony vegas or premier?

binary

so i have to make my own video since my video guy didnt really impress me with the project i paid him for.....

so heres the question.... i have sony vegas and can get premier..... my camcorder is a sony and i can operate/capture what i need through vegas...meaning i can operate the camcorder through vegas.... so i dont have to capture the entire tape/etc... might be easy this way..

the concept i have for the video

wide screen with snippets of my interview.... then a few images that pop up.... but then the images would turn into thumbnails and go to the bottom of the wide screen strip...... so this way when the video is done, it'll have a connection to the website ....... similar to the thumbnail strip i have on the site....

looking to do some fade ins/outs....; some audio overlays with image pics..... maybe a cool intro if i can figure that out....... but i want to keep it clean and simple and to the point.... my interview says alot and hoping to keep that as the main foundation of the video...

thinking of keeping it around 4-5 minutes.....

so those that have used both vegas and premier...which one is user friendly?

b

Nov 19, 07 4:06 pm
boxy

never even heard of vegas before, so i assume it's your standard video-editing software like imovie or windows movie maker. if you give yourself a day to dink around with premiere then you should get a hang of it. you'll definitely have more control over your project. if you have any questions about it, i'll keep an eye on this thread or you can email me.

Nov 20, 07 11:03 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Vegas and Premier are very similar...Vegas is quite old, the company, Sonic Foundry, was bought by Sony a little over a year ago. They make great software for the pc such as Sound Forge. It is more than likely easier to grasp than Premier but both can do a quality job of digital editing.

Nov 20, 07 11:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: