Archinect
anchor

hotmail live sucks @!#$%^&

binary

i swear..everytime i try to check my hotmail account i get stupid "options"/etc

then i tried to email out for the past 2 hours and keeps saying the server is busy...wtf......

my old hotmail was fine until then upgraded to this piece of shit windows live garbage

rant off

b

Nov 16, 07 5:36 pm
n_

That is why I switched to gmail.

Nov 16, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

gmail is the bee's knees i decrees

Nov 16, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Anything that works will be "improved" until it sucks. There are too many little busy fingers out there -- or too many mid-level managers trying to justify their existence ?

I guess it's inevitable. Look what happened to every successful Detroit styling job: "restyled" in a year or two until the original idea is mush. Look at the third-generation Honda CRV. . .

Nov 16, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, i totally agree. gmail's the way to go.

we're almost @ 5 gigs!

Nov 16, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

...and counting!

Nov 16, 07 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

that being said, there are many things i would like to see implemented in gmail.

1 - message preview please. this is standard in every other email client out there, but not gmail.

2 - the option to switch from conversation-based inbox to one based entirely on time/date like most clients. why can't i choose? isn't that what this is all about? user-level experience?

3 - free bowl of soup.

is that too much to ask?

Nov 16, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Ok, I'm new to gmail but is there a folder option I can create? I've tried to tinker with it but can't find that option.

I don't like emails in my inbox. I know, I know - it's weird. So the few emails that I like to keep, I like to organize them into appropriate folders like "Project Name Here", "My Sister's Name Here", etc. I can't find a folder system that allows me to do this in gmail. I know I can archive them, but I prefer to archive them appropriately by sender or subject.

And, I second mightylittle, I'd love for them to give us free soup.

Nov 16, 07 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

you can tag stuff with different colors, but i haven't really played around with anything in gmail.

Nov 16, 07 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i need some soup.... i got a chest cold from hell....been 1 week now.....

my company email blows tooo..... takes tooo long to send/receive emails .... some days it runs fine..other days it's like waiting for a 1-armed pigeon to deliver the note from the general...

and detroit styling does suck too...... every new car i see, i cant tell wtf it is..... they all look the same.... back in the day you knew if it was a thunderbird/chavelle/vette/lincoln/caddy/etc

b

Nov 16, 07 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Damn straight. I have an '88 Civic wagon (with a home-made 12' triangular rack on it but that's another matter) that's as handsome an envelope as they ever made. Was it "good enough" ? They don't even make the type any more. Come the CRV; nice. Generation 2: changed for the sake of change. Generation 3: uh, what ?! Round windows on a square shape ? Sure.

Burt this was about mail service. . .sorry.

Nov 16, 07 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Hotmail still exists?

Nov 16, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

Hotmail Live is utter cow shit

Nov 16, 07 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
.dwg

you can set gmail to show you a preview of the content in the options. it's there, called 'snippets' in settings>general.

as for sorting your email according to the senders, or project type... i think gmail tried to pare down with those types of things when they implemented a comprehensive search option within your inbox...

Nov 17, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 

for some reason hotmail has also stopped working with safari... i'm transitioning out of my hotmail account too...

Nov 18, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
binary

yeah... i think i might have to do a gmail account or something..... everytime i use hotmail it pisses me off....

b

Nov 18, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 

yes!

Nov 18, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 

I just switched to gmail..
I do like it but only use it for professional style shit..
However, that said i do like how with the new version of hotmail one can open a message in the inbox as a new window...
Couldn't do it before and it irked me..
However, gmail opens every message as a new tab so....

Nov 19, 07 12:16 am  · 
 · 
FRO

I use gmail labels to act like folders and just archive everything as it comes in... have 4 accounts coming into one inbox and it works like a charm, you can set labels by sender, keyword, address sent to, whatever then use them like folders from the labels sidebar

and a good bowl of tom yung gung will fix any head or chest cold in my experience.

Nov 19, 07 1:02 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

.dwg

snippets aren't the same...i don't want the first 50 characters of the message, i want the WHOLE message in it's own preview pane below the inbox, so that whichever message i click on in the inbox shows up below, rather than redrawing a new window.

that way, you can read your messages while referencing the inbox list at the same time.

not a huge inconvenience, but something i wish they would add.

and the soup too of course.

Nov 19, 07 1:07 am  · 
 · 
n_

FRO, although you create a label, the email still remains in your inbox, right? I tried creating labels and organizing that way but was left frustrated that the emails weren't wholly relocated to the appropriate label. Maybe I just wasn't doing it right?

Nov 19, 07 8:41 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

n_ you can create a label, and then "achieve" the mail, which removes it from your inbox but doesn't delete it. then when you select that label you can go through things that are in your box and achieved.

Nov 19, 07 10:04 am  · 
 · 
FRO

exactly what phuyaka said. I don't like more than 10 or so things in the inbox- if it's there it means I NEED to deal with it......

Nov 19, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

gmail is where its at

Nov 19, 07 11:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: