Archinect
anchor

dtuch architects

alcon

I'm interested in Dutch architecture from firms such as OMA, and its offspring - Neutlings Riedijk, Plot, MVRDV, etc. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest books that will be helpful in explaining the ideas that these firms explore or are interested.

For example, for Liebeskind, Eisenman, and their decon contingents, one could read into Derrida and Deuleuze and Guattari. What about for OMA? Besides for S,M,L,XL.

Oct 16, 07 12:08 pm
el jeffe

super dutch

Oct 16, 07 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

"Dtuch" would be a sweet firm name

Oct 16, 07 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

smoke lots of pot

Oct 16, 07 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
antipod

Just have a shmoke and a pancake and forget about it...

Oct 16, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

and fuck a whore

Oct 16, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
vi_d

False Flat
Oct 16, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

spell check

Oct 16, 07 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

Da touche

Oct 17, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
r
www.dysturb.com

its worth noting that in the netherlands OMA and dutch architecture are too very differnt things...also plot are scandinavian...

but if you want to know about the children of OMA then xgda, lars/fernando romeo, rex, gigon/guyer, work, are all worth checking out...but they're in no way dutch!

Oct 17, 07 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
alcon

good point, r. in that case, i suppose i should revise my post and request info for OMA and kids. I wasn't aware that gigon/guyer worked at OMA too.

Oct 18, 07 1:18 am  · 
 · 

i am sure somewhere there is a thread listing the oma children...

Oct 18, 07 3:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: