Archinect
anchor

London, Thames, Southbank Site model

E3

Hello - anyone out there know of a good resource to find
technical information for making a
rough site plan or model
of london...
specifically of the Thames near Southbank Arts Centre?

I live in Los Angeles and do not know where to begin looking for such
and, of course, need to figure out asap.

cheers!

Jul 27, 07 5:05 pm

multiple posts asking for help - someone is gonna get it!

Jul 27, 07 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
corbusier4eva

Does Google earth have a 3D building layer set up for that part of London?

Jul 27, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
RoedGroed

Hook up with the CASA guys at UCL. The idea was to release the model to the public AFAIK but they've been doing tests now with the local councils instead...It's been getting quite a bit of press as a tool that would transform planning. Hmmm...Obviously it's easy for me to say "hook up with the CASA guys" but give it a shot.
There was/is a VERY LARGE model of London at the Building Centre, but as you're in LA that's of very little help.
If you're Uni based maybe try the UCL connection. If you're pro, maybe try the council(s) in question and see if they can release some of the model to you. It might also be available at a fee, as per survey maps, but I'm not sure.

Here's a CASA link to get you started: Virtual London

Maybe some London pro's or students here at Archinect would be able to provide more info.

Jul 27, 07 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
oliverL

Try http://edina.ac.uk/digimap/ it has digital OS maps for the entire country that can be converted to DXF. Although you have to be at an institution recognised under the Athens program, or make friends with someone who is.

Jul 28, 07 4:21 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i don't know about the map but i do know that robert hooke measured londan after the fire in 1666 and also came up with somehtin' called hooke's law.

Jul 28, 07 7:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: