Archinect
anchor

that house they show cars in

blackturtleneck

Does anyone know what that house is that's always being used to advertise cars, with the panoramic view of the city at night and the garage lit up?

Jul 26, 07 11:03 pm

you mean the mcmansion?

Jul 26, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
blackturtleneck

I was thinking of Koenig's Case Study House #22. But I think the car ads use a different house.

Jul 27, 07 1:10 am  · 
 · 
mdler

Blackturtleneck

that is probably the house you are thinking of, but you are correct in that most car ads arent in it. The garage (carport actually) really doesnt relate to the house. A block wall was built between the carport and the view, essentially fucking up the view (I am sure this was done for privacy issues).

Most car adds are at the Disney concert hall or Diamond Ranch (Thom Mayne)

Jul 27, 07 2:20 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

i saw an ad recently, can't remember which company, that used case study house twenty two, but photoshopped a garage in under the living room that cantilevers over the hill. most ads of the house are fairly liberal with their use of photoshop touch-ups. surprising considering the elegance of the house itself.

not sure which i like more: case study house 22 or strawberry letter 23? both are classics.

Jul 27, 07 10:13 am  · 
 · 

VS

Jul 27, 07 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
 · 

shuggie!

· 

oma

Jul 27, 07 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

predock

Jul 27, 07 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

it wasn't photoshopped-
think it was marmol-radziner.

Jul 27, 07 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

treekiller

there was an ad (for Acura, I think) that had a Marmol Radziner all glass garage. I dont believe that the garage was real, but I have been known to be full of shit from time to time

Jul 27, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

this is my all-time favorite album cover:

those guys rocked.

Jul 27, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

that acura ad was the one i was thinking of. didn't realize it was marmol radziner. the site looked very similar to case study house 22.

Jul 27, 07 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

when mdler advertises...

Jul 27, 07 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

did it always have that little walkway around the perimeter? i guess they need to clean the glass, but i like it more without.

Jul 27, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

[img]http://www.carofthecentury.com/frank_22.jpg width=418[/i]

wish i could read the caption by the house image. sure to be classic!

Jul 27, 07 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
Jul 27, 07 9:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: