Archinect
anchor

2008 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

franciscoalarcon

WTF

Mar 18, 08 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
skycaptain

i don't understand why some people on gradcafe said they go waitlisted by yale via email a week ago and some people got a package in the mail with a waitlist letter yesterday..why the inconsistency?

Mar 18, 08 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
A V

wow skycaptian-- where did you say you were applying again?? good luck with that....

hehe im just messing with you.

Mar 18, 08 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
skycaptain

okay. i figured it out. Yale acceptances went out Mar 10 and waitlist packages/emails were sent out Mar. 12. but i still don't know why some ppl got emails and some got the package.

Mar 18, 08 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

got into pratt.

wahooooooooooooooooo.

Mar 18, 08 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

congrats rip

Mar 18, 08 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
swamprat

Just got into the KSA @ OSU. Anyone else hear yet? Still waiting on Penn.

Mar 18, 08 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
asbuckeye07

yeah rip!

yeah KSA!

Mar 18, 08 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
asbuckeye07

skycaptain...is that you on gradcafe posting a yale waitlist?

Mar 18, 08 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
doin_time

@swamprat-

Penn supposedly sent all letters out yesterday, but I haven't gotten a thing and I live in Philly, so who knows what's up at this point.

Mar 18, 08 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
GDCCS

I just got an acceptance email from Pratt too

Mar 18, 08 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
asbuckeye07

Pratt! Cool! Do you get to study in that Holl building? or is that something else?

Mar 18, 08 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
hokay

I JUST GOT INTO PRATTTTTTTT! YESSSSSSSSS

Mar 18, 08 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
ohmygosh

i got into PRATT too! yeah!

Mar 18, 08 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
Andrew Teng

I guess it's "Pratt" Tuesday... nice job every1!

Mar 18, 08 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
doin_time

Congrats, Pratts!

I wish they had an MLA program - I would have applied there.

Mar 18, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
chopsky

congrats guys!

Mar 18, 08 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
_juut

so, someone e-mailed MIT and got an admissions decision in reply?

Mar 18, 08 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
zzzhc

pratt! $7K scholarship. email acceptance.

Mar 18, 08 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

congratulations to all the pratt acceptees!!!

Mar 18, 08 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
A V

I wonder what one should write in an email to a school in order to get an admissions decisions as a reply.

Mar 18, 08 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
ldaye

doin_time- wish there was a great MLA school in NYC. urban design sounds great, but it helps having the prof degree.

columbia needs to start one!

Mar 18, 08 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

Congrats anybody how are they sending the acceptance letters??

Mar 18, 08 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

the WES accreditation of my transcripts is coming late to the Pratt admissions office.... :___(

Mar 18, 08 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
nariman

I'm a Canadian BFA and have applied to M.Arch I programs at

UBC
U of T

Pratt
Parsons
Columbia

So far UBC, Pratt and Parsons have accepted me. No word from Columbia or Toronto. Any one else waiting for Columbia? It might be too expensive for me anyway. If it's between Pratt and Parsons what do you guys/gals think?

Mar 18, 08 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

thanks. I found out via email.

asbuckeye, yup. the Holl building is their studio space. I've visited thrice (I live down the road) and the space is really wonderful

Mar 18, 08 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

nariman, I haven't looked into Parsons at all, but I know Pratt has a spectacular program. I know a lot of people that graduated from there and they have nothing but good things to say about it (except for the cost). Pratt grads work at the best firms in NYC and have very good reputations as great designers and hard workers.

...also, it's in Fort Greene, which is one of the best areas of brooklyn. I grew up in NYC, so that statement should hold some weight to it.

Mar 18, 08 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

nariman, with out doubts PRATT

Mar 18, 08 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
chopsky

btw, isn't it in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn?

Mar 18, 08 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
chopsky

no email for me though, so there goes Pratt I guess :-/

Mar 18, 08 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

There is some international applicant to Pratt? I got in trouble with the transcripts and WES! and need help.

Mar 18, 08 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

chopsky: meh, same shit. you're right though

Mar 18, 08 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

hahaha my university is in Easter holidays. They sent the wrong information to WES therefore =====> Application incomplete to Pratt.

This is really COOOOOOOOOL.

Mar 18, 08 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
chopsky

YbTH, I'm an international applicant. Dunno how I'll be able to help you though, but shoot

Mar 18, 08 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

did you have to send anything to WES?

Mar 18, 08 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
chopsky

yeh of course. my transcripts and degree certificate. a week later they emailed me asking for my degree program outline, which i faxed to them.

Mar 18, 08 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
skycaptain

it is asbuck

Mar 18, 08 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

so which documents exactly did you sent to WES?

Mar 18, 08 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
nariman

Pratt accepted peeps,

If you were notified by email, was there anything about a scholarship? My email said nothing.

Mar 18, 08 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
thenew

Harvard MArch II, how could they be done sending acceptances? Only one person on the grad cafe posted something, and a couple people on archinect. My guess is they are still sending them out throughout the week. Hmmm?

Mar 18, 08 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
zzzhc

yes, there was info in the email about scholarship.

Mar 18, 08 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
nariman

damn i thought pratt had lots of money... i guess they didn't think i should get some of it.

Mar 18, 08 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
nariman

chzzzcake are you from ny or us? or are you international?

Mar 18, 08 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

Just curious ... by when do you have to accept or not accept the offers? Syracuse is due 15 April, 2008

Mar 18, 08 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
zzzhc

from boston. not international.

ack... i'm still hoping for schools in cali tho. i don't know what other based their choices on, but i'm pretty simple and based it on location. i want west coast sun!!!

Mar 18, 08 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
anvi

cornell, m.arch 1, email!

anyone else?!

I'm still waiting for columbia, but I'm guessing that I'm rejected because many people on thegradcafe.com already received theirs via "website" - on which I don't see anything.

· 
laurilan

ha - i would not go that far. i applied and was accepted there last year and all i got was student loans. and no advanced placement.

from speaking with a student there, he said there is a possibility of getting money your second year, it's not usually that much.

in fact, after i turned them down - they came back and asked me again in july if i wanted to accept and offered me advanced placement. i asked them again about money and they didn't even bother answering me.

· 
nariman

parsons is apr 15
pratt is may 1

Mar 18, 08 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

*pratt

Mar 18, 08 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
Workshop B

My letter from Pratt had scholarship info also.

Mar 18, 08 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: