Archinect
anchor

2008 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

ha_no

another day. still haven't heard anything from anyone.... congrats all who got in!

Mar 12, 08 8:09 am  · 
 · 
lmnop15

I know some have already been posted on here, but would anyone who was holding out till after they were accepted be willing to put up their portfolios? I'd (and maybe others as well?) be interested in seeing what people sent out to the schools they got into.

Mar 12, 08 8:58 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

we already did...search the pages

Mar 12, 08 9:10 am  · 
 · 
d-train

does anyone know if its even possible to email the columbia architecture admissions office? I can't find their email anywhere

Mar 12, 08 9:34 am  · 
 · 
A V

Searching the pages is annoying.. theres 29 of them. Everyone should just put a link to their portfolio on their profile, huh? And mayeb also a listing of where you applied and where you've heard from. That would be so nice if everyone did that.

I will update mine. :]

Mar 12, 08 9:44 am  · 
 · 
rabbits

where's ma gsd at?

-andrew

Mar 12, 08 9:52 am  · 
 · 
boxy

A V, congrats on UW. I went there for my undergrad and you will fall in love with the city when you visit it.

Mar 12, 08 10:06 am  · 
 · 
sufj

Do we think there might be more GSD M.Arch I emails coming in the future, or maybe they all went out yesterday? It seems quite a few people heard via email yesterday... Nothing here yet.

Mar 12, 08 10:09 am  · 
 · 
rose4401

I was wondering the same thing...

Mar 12, 08 10:10 am  · 
 · 
rose4401

also, i know that a couple of people here got an email from cincinnati yesterday; which program was that for?

Mar 12, 08 10:11 am  · 
 · 
bristow

ok im going to throw this out there.

are people REALLY getting into the GSD via email?

I talked to admissions yesterday and they said the NEVER email, they always send letters through the mail.

something doesnt add up....

Mar 12, 08 10:13 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

it's fake. what if it's fake? it can't be fake, can it?

Mar 12, 08 10:15 am  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

i know that at least some gsd'ers (maybe just the APs?) get accepted via phone call, some get a big ole package in the mail, and it seems like a lot got emails last year too (at least judging from the '07 commiserate thread). it also seems from last year's thread that gsd acceptances drag out over the course of 2-3 weeks, so i wouldn't draw any conclusions just yet.

Mar 12, 08 10:16 am  · 
 · 
sufj

I do know someone who got an "unofficial" acceptance email yesterday from the dean, and it said an official acceptance will arrive soon via postage.

· 
rose4401

that's strange, would they have a reason to lie about that

· 
cou2

I was hoping that my other schools would get back to me before the GSD - cause I think my chances are much better at my other schools. I was hoping my first letter would be an acceptance which would make it a little easier to take a rejection later. Looks like out of all the schools I applied to, the GSD is the only one that people here have heard from (but I still haven't).

Mar 12, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 
boxy

bristow, please stop freaking me out.

if your theory is correct, don't you think the gsd, yale would send out an email to everyone saying that someone is playing a hoax?

Mar 12, 08 10:22 am  · 
 · 
sufj

that is indeed strange what they said about the emails...

this whole thing gives me a stomach ache.

Mar 12, 08 10:23 am  · 
 · 
ks1000

how would this person get all of the email addresses i wonder? I think it's the real deal, unfortunately

Mar 12, 08 10:23 am  · 
 · 
sufj

yeah i think i simple case of miscommunication is far more likely than any sort of fakery or fraud.

Mar 12, 08 10:27 am  · 
 · 
rabbits

my yale email was real.

Mar 12, 08 10:35 am  · 
 · 
kramer2nd

i spoke to the GSD admissions face to face about a month ago and they said they would be sending letter by april 1st, but most likely an email before the letter got to you. im hoping they are still sending them cuz I would love to hear something positive. I applied to their MArch I advanced standing

Mar 12, 08 10:36 am  · 
 · 
scralk

i'm applying from outside the US so i got emails with a notice saying everything else was in the mail.

Mar 12, 08 10:41 am  · 
 · 
scralk

Mar 12, 08 11:21 am  · 
 · 
doin_time

i just need this to be over, like, yesterday

Mar 12, 08 11:22 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

I would like to challenge all you Ivey League Acceptees to a dual.

Mar 12, 08 11:25 am  · 
 · 
A V

Have you gotten in anywhere yet ff33??

Mar 12, 08 11:27 am  · 
 · 
A V

wait.. nevermind i read that wrong..! oops

Mar 12, 08 11:28 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

No,A V , thanks for asking....:-)...... a little bitter.......but there HAVE been some rumblings from UCLA...they told me yesteday something is in the mail...

....and it is a little early for rejections..... i think.

Mar 12, 08 11:29 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

fingers crossed, musket loaded

Mar 12, 08 11:30 am  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

hahaha scralk! i knew there was a reason i'm a little afraid of bob stern.... wouldn't be too surprised if he shot me in the abdomen and then ran away in his jammies......

Mar 12, 08 11:32 am  · 
 · 
ripomatic

ff33, you're dueling with a musket?

I don't want to question your dueling abilities, because I'm sure they're top notch. But those things are a bit unwieldy, don't you think?

Mar 12, 08 11:34 am  · 
 · 
ripomatic

I've got my ninja stars ready

Mar 12, 08 11:35 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

I could not afford a pistol, becasue I spent all my money applying to Yale. I was never really expecting to get in I guess....but now my eyes are pointed at UCLA.

Mar 12, 08 11:39 am  · 
 · 
ripomatic

yeah, and I can't really afford ninja stars. I was just trying to impress you guys.

Mar 12, 08 11:40 am  · 
 · 
Fraggle

rose4401: One of my friends got an acceptance email from Cincinnati yesterday. It was for the MArch 2 program. He got an $8,000 scholarship.

Mar 12, 08 11:44 am  · 
 · 
dotdotdot

I got my twin glock ponies cocked back. Bring it!

Mar 12, 08 11:46 am  · 
 · 
Workshop B

Here's something for you guys to ease into the stress of another day of wondering. Scroll down to number 81: Graduate School. All too true perhaps

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

The rest are funny too...

Best of luck on another day of this agony!!

Mar 12, 08 11:46 am  · 
 · 
dotdotdot

god I love that blog. Architecture is on the list too.

Mar 12, 08 11:49 am  · 
 · 
rose4401

Thanks, Sainte, tell your friend congrats. I'm waiting for news for MArch I, but I'm still pretty sure that the internet buzz from yesterday was all for MArch 2, but I could be wrong; not a huge issue.

Mar 12, 08 11:50 am  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

I wonder what the criterias are for getting large(r) financial aid packages. My package from UMich was really crappy and I'm in financial need.

Mar 12, 08 11:52 am  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

hey FF... I thought you disliked UCLA. Still have the same sentiments?

Mar 12, 08 11:53 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

I have been talking with some ppl, and looking closer at the work. I think I was being cocky when I said that.

I am sort of a cocky person, I mean i have a musket and all

Mar 12, 08 11:54 am  · 
 · 
smithwillb

afrdzak: i just had to call the financial aid office and notify them of the architecture scholarship - which means they'll most likely reduce the amount of money i'll get in terms of loans/grants. however, the graduate school financial aid office doesn't understand that the estimated cost of attendance for a 3G student is almost 60,000 for the first year due to the required summer studio tuition of 12,000.

UVa, however, pays for the summer program through a fellowship; i thought that was nice.

Mar 12, 08 11:55 am  · 
 · 
laurilan

argh. i'm a march 2 that applied for cincinnati... not good. oh well.

Mar 12, 08 11:56 am  · 
 · 
rose4401

anybody apply for MArch I here for Cincinnati? Maybe it's in the thread here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Mar 12, 08 11:58 am  · 
 · 
dotdotdot

Yeah I need that financial aid info!! So far nothing from UVA or Wash U. Just the full ride to GA tech. I NEED the rest of my schools to tell me if I'm excepted or rejected. Most schools want to be told by April of attending or not- isnt that kinda a fast turn around?

Mar 12, 08 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

i forgot how addicting this thread is! until yesterday i hadn't really been keeping up this year. it's not exactly helping to ease my panic though......still waiting to hear from uic, va tech and ga tech....already rejected from maryland.......congrats to everyone that's getting acceptences!!!

Mar 12, 08 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

scralk. haha

Mar 12, 08 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
Riedell101

helloartichoke - are you arch background?

Mar 12, 08 12:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: