Archinect
anchor

2008 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

asbuckeye07

everyone congrats!

geez, so now, officially, everyone of my schools have contacted someone...twiddling thumbs

Mar 11, 08 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

I know people have heard from UCLA... but anyone from Berk, Virginia Tech or Cornell?

Mar 11, 08 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

email for me too.

holy shnikeys

Mar 11, 08 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
rose4401

ripomatic - congratulations ; was it for the MArch I program?

Mar 11, 08 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
thenew

It seems as though the GSD is notifying MArch I applicants via email and MArch II applicants via postal.

· 
GinaGage

cornell is surprisingly late this year. before they sent response ahead of gsd, princeton etc. but berkeley should be late if their schedule follows last year

· 
conormac

Anyone hear from Penn?

· 
futurist

Wow, some of you have got into Yale AND Harvard? That's incredible. Congrats guys. I'd throw a party on that alone. Well done.

Mar 11, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Workshop B

Ah, the confusion and scrambling to refresh the browser and figure out where the GSD stuff is coming from is killing me!! Glad its almost lunch time...could be a good day for a beer at lunch!!

Mar 11, 08 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
asbuckeye07

or 15

Mar 11, 08 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
cou2

When I was in the process of applying to Cornell (back in January), I had
asked them when they planned on notifying people. The person I talked to made it sound like it would be later this month. (Maybe third week). I also noticed that they sent out notifications earlier last year (according to thegradcafe). Maybe they have more applicants this time. The person I talked to at the admissions office was extremely helpful. Just made me like that school even more. It would be nice if Cornell came through, cause I'm not betting on getting into the GSD.

Mar 11, 08 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
rob(E)

got into Cincinnati...one down four to go....!

Mar 11, 08 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
laurilan

rob(e)- was this for the 2 yr. march I?

Mar 11, 08 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
futurist

DJ Tanner, rip, are you guys non-arch background?

Mar 11, 08 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

just got accepted to princeton. with advanced standing.

i'm shaking.

Mar 11, 08 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

yeah. I did Psych and Econ undergrad and then worked at an Ad agency for 3 years

Mar 11, 08 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
d.sull

Congrats Snarkitekt! Are you going to the open house?

· 
dietc0ke

Hey guys, just got into GSD a little while ago. It was in an email and its for MArch 1. i have a BA of architecture background.

· 
asbuckeye07

congrats everyone...
cant read this anymore, making me sick...goodluck all

Mar 11, 08 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
dietc0ke

i wouldn't worry too much. i know someone who got in last year but not til much much later.

Mar 11, 08 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
snarkitekt

thanks d.sull - i'll definitely be there for the open house. i think i might actually even go down this weekend too - my boyfriend wants to see where he'll be living :)

Mar 11, 08 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
futurist

Congrats all.
All these acceptances to Ivies, makes me think I should have applied to some of them too!

I'm non-arch (City Planning) with design/music production background.

Mar 11, 08 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
conormac

ugh this is making me insane. I should just not look.

Mar 11, 08 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
stelina

another call from Stan Allen! MArch II ! Yay!

Mar 11, 08 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
chopsky

mmm...all these acceptances coming in and I still havent heard from a single uni. sucks a little.

Mar 11, 08 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
doin_time

people at Penn have told me that letters are going out March 17th - heard from at least 2 different staff people

Mar 11, 08 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

chopsky I am with you ... I would love to apply to YSOA, GSD and Princeton but the earlier deadline made it impossible

Mar 11, 08 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
ks1000

has anyone been in contact w/ Columbia to determine when/how we will be informed?

Mar 11, 08 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

stan-

call me, bro.

-andrew

Mar 11, 08 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
smithwillb

i just remembered that i forgot to send in my financial aid/scholarship form for Columbia. well, shit.

Mar 11, 08 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
A V

smith- i forgot to send mine in too.. meaning.. i can pretty much forget that school. oh well.

Mar 11, 08 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

this week is spring break for UPenn..

Mar 11, 08 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
rose4401

that's a good thing, as far as getting your admissions decision sooner. I work as a staff member in a university office that handles this kind of thing, and when there aren't students around, it's a lot easier and EVERYTHING gets done faster

Mar 11, 08 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

not true. they're all drunk and flashing each other in cancun. i heard stan can really rage.

Mar 11, 08 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

I am going to Mexico City and Acapulco

Mar 11, 08 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
futurist

Spring break doesn't mean much when you have a job...just means you're boss expects you to work more hours! hehe.

Mar 11, 08 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

I can only tell when its spring break because we usually get an intern or two for a couple weeks, heh

Mar 11, 08 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
stonerock

so I'm posting in a sea of arch. applicants, but as a MLA applicant, has anyone heard of MLA notifications being sent out from GSD?

Mar 11, 08 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
dierxap

I know someone that got the phone call last weekend for MLA at the GSD...so yes I think that they are starting to notify.

Mar 11, 08 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
cou2

Stonerock check the thegradcafe.com. I think I remember seeing something about notifications from the MLA progam at the GSD yesterday.

Mar 11, 08 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
stonerock

Thanks - yeah, I saw the info on thegradcafe.com site and was hoping I could purge some more info from anyone who blogs here and had been accepted into the MLA at GSD. I'm a little less worried now though - I just got accepted into Penn with $ :)

Mar 11, 08 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

It seems that Parsons sent out acceptance letters ... What the hell. Not Mine.

Mar 11, 08 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
beatbox

Stonerock...you found out from Penn already?

Mar 11, 08 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
stonerock

I did, Anita Berrizbeita called tonight, and I managed not to make a fool of myself on the phone.

Mar 12, 08 12:19 am  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

Well. In that case: Congratulations

Mar 12, 08 12:24 am  · 
 · 
franciscoalarcon

Usually, when you receive a phone call like that .... What they told you?

Mar 12, 08 12:25 am  · 
 · 
shiz0

ugh - haven't heard any news from any schools yet.

Mar 12, 08 3:08 am  · 
 · 
lalala

Hey guys, I got admission from GSD yesterday thru e-mail
and received scholarship offer($30k * 3 yrs) from Michigan two weeks ago. I'll go to GSD, but money is a problem.
Oh, I'm M.Arch 1 and have Econ background.
Good luck for you all :)

Mar 12, 08 4:28 am  · 
 · 
scralk

got into princeton and gsd this morning, both by email. talk about being in the horns of a dilemma.

Mar 12, 08 4:50 am  · 
 · 
laurilan

i wonder what happens to all that scholarship money people turn down - does it go back into the pot and get redistributed?

any ideas?

Mar 12, 08 7:44 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: