Archinect
anchor

Los Angeles Holiday

mdler

GARPIKE,

are you thinking what im thinking??? A real life meet up of the Garwondler....

Dec 7, 06 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

WonderK

I dont know why you wouldnt want to spen MLK day in OTR with you 'I love the Cincinnati Police' T-Shirt???

Dec 7, 06 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yes, we'll be able to see if mdler's Photoshopping skills work as well in 3D.

PS. The OTR crime-as-punchline thing is getting really old. Let's instead come up with a joke about the suburbs that I can use on my family this Christmas when they talk about my "bullet-ridden neighborhood" that they've never seen.

Dec 7, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

has Terry saved OTR yet?

Dec 7, 06 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

La Cienega. La Cienega. La Cienega. It's just fun to say.

I'll bump this again in a few weeks to make sure we've gotten everyone. I wonder if Alexander will come with his rubber gloves on....

Dec 7, 06 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
evangelicalbunny

Dear Friends,

Le$$ money means more bunny. Nothing mythical about me. Maybe I'll bring some of my French & Islandic hopsters with me.

With Love,

eb

Dec 7, 06 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

mdler, I am I am. Garwondler unite! Or Go Lions! Or something...

Dec 7, 06 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

The high here in the midwest today is 31 degrees, so needless to say, I am looking forward to this trip.

Dec 8, 06 10:32 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

Well DUB K it was fricken 85 degrees here yesterday! Fricken felt HOT, so bring your beach gear!! Hell since you are gonna be in SM may as well so you can run down to the beach if you get bored.

I think this archinect-ers gathering would be interesting, I've never been to one.....so I wonder what kinda strange goings-on I would encounter!

I down!

Dec 8, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

We should spend the whole weekend at the Grove

Dec 8, 06 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

haha now that's funny!

however I've not been there in ages, anything new (besides the overgrown chirstmas tree they have there - as I am sure they have up again this year).

Dec 8, 06 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

an American Girl store...

Dec 8, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

city walk has those dancing fountains and really loud music. Plus every tourist from fly-over land visits there.

Dec 8, 06 1:24 pm  · 
 · 

The farmer's market there is interesting (they have crepes!), and they have the largest Banana Republic I've ever seen, but I wouldn't really go there to hang out.

Dec 8, 06 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

rationalist-
are the crepes really good?
(I must say I miss the little cart about 50 yards down -on Rue Berger- from the Pompidou). They had the best crepes ever!!!!

Dec 8, 06 1:44 pm  · 
 · 

good for someone who's never been to Europe at least. There's a fish place that's pretty good there too, but reaaaally slow.

Dec 8, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

must make a note to get out there and check out this place rationalist is talking about.

Is the fish fresh? (are we talking for consumption right then and there or to take away)?

Dec 8, 06 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

sorry about getting of the topic and sorta highjacking this....back to the plans.....R we meeting up or what folks?

Dec 8, 06 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i'm down!

Dec 8, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

assuming i don't get sucked into the blackhole vortex of studio i'd be interested...

Dec 8, 06 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

lets roll!!!!!!!!!!

see who the best bowler on archinect is

Dec 8, 06 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Yeah! Bowling! I wonder if my leg bone would pop out of my skin. Ok. Can't think like that - especially if I am snowboarding this season.

Dec 8, 06 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Garwondler can snowboard and bowl at the same time - blindfolded

Dec 9, 06 1:38 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I know. I wish I was him.

Dec 9, 06 1:46 am  · 
 · 
mdler

garpike

you snowboard?

Dec 9, 06 1:57 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Indeed. This will be my 16th year... if you can count the lame seasons I only rode once or twice. Like last year.

Dec 9, 06 2:00 am  · 
 · 
garpike

You?

Dec 9, 06 2:01 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Isn't that cute. We're all awake.

I can only bowl in skis, I want to warn you.

Dec 9, 06 2:01 am  · 
 · 
garpike

You can also ski in bowls.

Dec 9, 06 2:05 am  · 
 · 
garpike
Dec 9, 06 2:05 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Cool moire!

Dec 9, 06 2:06 am  · 
 · 
mdler

yep

bought a board this year

was in Washington over Thanksgiving..20" of powder

we should go sometime this winter..or at least get drunk and eat omlets

Dec 9, 06 4:30 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Omelets on the east side...

Yes we should go.

Dec 9, 06 4:31 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Imagine 20 inches of omelet.

Dec 9, 06 4:32 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I have been told by my cali-host that we need to go to someplace called "Bread and Porridge", apparently it is wonderful and perfect for brunch....

Also I am supposed to find out where all of you live if I haven't already so we can do some sort of geo-calibrated social planning. I've counted at least 8 of us and I am very much looking forward to meeting all of you so I hope you can still make it!!!!

Send me your addresssssess....Last one to La Cienega buys the first round....just kidding I just like to say the word.....

Dec 23, 06 1:34 am  · 
 · 
garpike

La Cienega? That's a block from here.

Dec 23, 06 1:35 am  · 
 · 
mdler

I live in Pasaden..get drunk at my place then head to Gabmble House

I actually live down the street from a bunch of Greene + Greene

Dec 23, 06 10:55 am  · 
 · 
mdler

Oh yeah, Im also looking for a new roomate

Dec 23, 06 10:55 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Crap. Bad timing. I'd love to get out on the east side, but I can't up and leave this place. Can you wait a year?

Dec 23, 06 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I live in Orange County at the moment, WonderK, so unless you want to see the most complete, beautiful spanish mission in California, skip me for your geo-planning. I'll get my rear end up to LA to join everyone for drinks when you come.

Dec 23, 06 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
grid

Come over to sci-arc on the 13th around 7pm for some free drinks and fun.

Dec 23, 06 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

until the meetup this will have toSUFFICE

Dec 23, 06 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
garpike
All the leaves are brrrrrown.
Dec 23, 06 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

man we should round up any archinecters for snowboardin'! Im down! (really wanna go this year - drove all the way to Jackson Hole, WY 1 year for the snow - fricken awsome).

Wonderbread, I mean WonderK....Im in studio city, anywhere you guys will be meeting, just gimme a heads up!

mdler, you're in Pasadena? man, we're close!!

Dec 24, 06 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

squirrelly

I am in the 'Dena..and yes, I have a snowboard

Dec 24, 06 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Ok, gang, we should probably actually plan this thing a little. It might get messy if we all decide to get drunk before we meet each other.

Anyway, all I know is that Sunday I'll probably be having brunch at some place called Porridge and Biscuits or Bread or something with baked goods in the title. Aside from that, I think we wanted to meet Saturday night? At a bar, club, lounge, coffeeshop, strip club? Some places were discussed but I'll leave the decision up to you guys since you actually live there and I generally have no idea what's going on.

Jan 4, 07 12:30 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Hmmm... tough decision. I never go to bars on Saturday.

My thoughts:

-Beechwood (Venice, probably busy, might be too chilly)
-Redwood (Downtown, pirate theme, will be busy)
-H.M.S. Bounty (Koreatown, small and quiet, but cool and nautical)
-Bigfoot Lodge (Silverlake, far from me but cool)
-Cozy Inn (not a real suggestion, but close to me)
-The Gas Lite (Snta Monica, col little dive with popcorn that convinces you to buy more beer)
-Mountain Bar (Chinatown, nice interior space, very cool cnc-milled thingy over the bar, do Sci-ARC kids hang out there?)
-The Arsenal (hmmm... nah)

I will not go:
-Standard Downtown (unless you bring beers for the parking lot - we ain't gettin' in)
-Barney's Beanery (Do I have to tell why? God.)
-Big Wangs (Ha ha ha ha it's real. They serve wings.)

Jan 4, 07 1:19 am  · 
 · 

well, based on location alone, I'd prefer Beechwood or the Gas Lite. Plus, I've never been to either (but always hear good things), which makes it all the better. It seemed like the majority of the group were westsiders, so I'm not just being selfish here, really.

Jan 4, 07 1:27 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I'm a Wessider myself, so I am down. Poor mdler...

Jan 4, 07 1:55 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

garp.....me and mdler will carpool! hell both of us aint wessiders.....

beechwood, whilst a nice joint gets lots of pretentious fucks there (pardon me), so as long as you don't mind!!

HMS Bounty....that place looks wicked fun! the whole nautical theme!

Jan 4, 07 11:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: