Archinect
anchor

Los Angeles Holiday

WonderK

squirrelly> yes, yes, and yes. Also Sunday is brunch. But Sunday is always brunch, and there is nothing set for that, I'm just saying....

I really have no idea what the SCIArc thing is. Something Over There mentioned it earlier, and someone else mentioned it even earlier than that, it's just been snowballing since then I think.

Jan 11, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

it takes over 200 posts to get a group of architects to a bar...oh boy, we need help

Jan 11, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

hahaha, it's just too funny! (200 post thing)

Well Ima go for sat. mdler, we still carpoolin'?
brunch....hmmmm I might have to think about that one WonderK.

Jan 11, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

squirrelly,

we can carpool...as long as you dont mind my bare arse on your seat

Jan 11, 07 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

should we check out architecture / fashion exhibit at MOCA on Saturday??

Jan 11, 07 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Just dropped WonderK at the airport - you guys take good care of her out there so she'll come back with lots of stories to tell! Fly safe, DubK!

Jan 12, 07 7:36 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

mdler , and guess how many posts it takes a male architect to find a female friend.

Jan 12, 07 7:38 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I hope we figure out the SCI-Arc thing, because I would like to just walk there from work.

Well, if the SCI-Arc thang turns out non-existent, there's always Mountain Bar in Chinatown. Or studying for the ME exam. Eitherway, Im cool.

Jan 12, 07 11:52 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I'll probably be at LACMA all day for the Surrealist exhibit. But I'll be with my mommy, who will then be dropping me off at the bar, so I'm not sure if y'all want to come with on that one.

Jan 12, 07 11:57 am  · 
 · 
garpike

On Saturday, myriam?

squirrelly, take mdler seriously. Bring a towel for your seat.

Jan 12, 07 11:58 am  · 
 · 
myriam

yes, saturday.

Jan 12, 07 12:14 pm  · 
 · 

garpike- me and WonderK will be hitting SCIArc at 5ish tonight, since she wanted to see the place whether there was a thing or not.

Jan 12, 07 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ok. I'll find you.

Jan 12, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

i'm hoping/thinking that i can make it to the gas lite, but artistic/cultural/academic/architectural stuff sucks, so i'm def no go on all that rot. brilliance is found in reality tv, not in books or museums.

Jan 12, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I have a 3:30 meeting at West LADBS if anyone wants to see me beg a planchecker to giver me a permit...

after that it is the 10 freeway to Sci-Arc!!!

Jan 12, 07 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

WonderK has landed!!! Just got the text message

Jan 12, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

heterarchy I'm so glad you're back.

Jan 12, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there's an exhibit right now @ moca that would be pretty interesting to check out.

Jan 12, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha, wow. looking @ everyone's total number of comments, this thread is like a "who's who" of the archinect community.

Jan 12, 07 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

WonderK is on her way to get a massage

Jan 12, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

I got that call too. She sounds like she's going to be having a crazy day.

Jan 12, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Quaaludes anyone?

Jan 12, 07 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

thx liberty, but i was never away.. i was always here in spirit. and let me tell you, i'm far more palatable as a spirit... :)

Jan 12, 07 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

But as a spirit you don't regularly make me laugh out loud! Stick around, heterarchy.

Jan 12, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

thanks for dropping her off Lib Bell....we'll take good care of her.

Sorry folks I was out of the office for all this banter this morning. Happy friday everyone.

ok now I am here and will be here for some time (kinda late)
soo......
may not try to fight to Sci arc....(those of you going enjoy)

garpike:
I already told mdler to make sure he brings those plastic wrapper things they put in your car when you take it to the dealership service shop...oh that and some wet naps!!

Don't want no sweaty hairy ass smell in my car! hahaha

Jan 12, 07 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm entering hour 21 of being awake.....but I stayed up to have a tour with rationalist, and meet mdler at SCI-Arc, and then the 3 of us had dinner with garpike! So it was worth it!

I am completely drunk off of 2 margaritas now, BTW.

Also that massage was excellent. And I feel as if I should have some sort of camcorder to document the weekend's events. My camera will have to do.....

See you all Saturday night at the Gas Lite at 8 pm!!!!!

yay!

Jan 13, 07 1:51 am  · 
 · 

go to bed, you drunk! ;)

Jan 13, 07 1:52 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

hey...did you like sci-arc...i hope you did?....

Jan 13, 07 5:26 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

this is good..it's fun so far...based on the vibe of the posts

Jan 13, 07 5:38 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i could tell by the amount of exclamation points

Jan 13, 07 5:42 am  · 
 · 
garpike

WonderK, mdler, rational, any of you guys remember rational's golden quote? I hope someone is writing these down.

Tonight will be good.

I mean...

Tonight will be good!!!!! (5 exclamation points)

Jan 13, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

No, I can't remember it. Damn! It was funny though.

I ran to the beach this morning. Walked on the beach for 30 minutes. Ran back. Burned lots of calories so I can replace them this evening....

Jan 13, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

It's 1:24. I think I'll start studying. I'm bad.

Mmm... calories.
Mmmmmmmm.... beer calories!

Jan 13, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I believe it to be... 'and that was the reason I was raised on wiskey'

SPACEPILOT!!!!!! spelled it right

Jan 13, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 

been "off-line" for a while. didnt see this thread before you guys came for a visit. would have been happy to show you around.

the friday "thing" is a party that we have every week, but we couldnt get are stuff together enough to pull it off the first week of school.

dont forget to see the skin and bones exhibit at the MOCA. word on the street is the 3D print model by peter testa on exhibit cost $50,000....crazy

Jan 13, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 

close.... "the reason I was raised on whiskey was that it was the easiest liquor to steal from the 7-11"

I don't know what was up with that rum, but I was having major sleep problems last night.

Jan 13, 07 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

WARNING:

RATIONALIST WILL TRY TO STEAL YOUR BOOZE

Jan 13, 07 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

funny..we ended up at Tiki Ti last night toro..toro..toro..

Jan 13, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

There's no telling where we'll end up tonight.

Jan 13, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 

wiskey or whiskey?

ya'll - hope you enjoyed the blue zombies, pink devils, tahiti breezes and all the other potent and delicious concoctions at that thatched bar in los feliz....

Jan 13, 07 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

well i was at the grocery store last night. no liberty bell it was not trader joe's, i don't live in yuppy town. and anyway i heard this classic tune and thought of you all out there.

Jan 13, 07 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You're right vado you're definitely not a yuppy. Though that term typically applied to people living downtown which you do.

Hope you guys are having fun - lest DubK forgets, I specifically requested a photograph of a real-life version of Garwondler. Whatever it takes, stretch those muscles and contort if need be...

Jan 13, 07 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Garwondler will unite (again). Cameras will record all.

Just a reminder:

Gas Lite

2030 Wilshire Blvd (Cross Street: 20th Street)

8:00

Jan 13, 07 9:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: