Archinect
anchor

Los Angeles Holiday

hitman

haha Barney's Beanery

Jan 4, 07 11:50 am  · 
 · 
myriam

the gas lite sounds intriguing from garpike's description. i love popcorn.

what's the sci-arc thing? maybe i'll check that out first?...altho that would be a hell of a lot of driving

Jan 4, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Santa Monica to Pasadena is a straight shot...

Jan 4, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, it looks like the Gas Lite works for everyone involved soooo....

Archinect LA meet-up! January 13, the Gas Lite in Santa Monica? 9 pm? I am thinking I might like to stop by that Sci-Arc thing too....I don't know why, I'd like to see the school I guess....

Jan 4, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

anybody wanna car pool??
mdler?

Jan 4, 07 6:08 pm  · 
 · 

Heyyo... I am going to be in LA that weekend too! I don't think I am going to have a car but maybe I can get a ride. What's going on at SciArc?

Jan 4, 07 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

hmmm, tempting.

Jan 4, 07 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

Javier, if you are asking cause myriam made reference to it, nothing....she just wants to swing by there (thats my take)
+ something or other about some thinga-ma-jig at some bar in Santa Monica that some Sci-arc kids might have done, or admired?? a CNC piece.

this should be fun, all these archinectors out and about!

Jan 4, 07 6:23 pm  · 
 · 

WonderK- I may even be able to get that Friday off if you still want a tour. We may get pestered by Mr. Noble because he loves to pick on me, but he'll let us in upstairs (the grad area) when I tell him why.

Jan 4, 07 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

looks like next weekend may be the inaugral Archinect Karaoke Contest...the start of something special, for sure

Jan 4, 07 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yay! Responses, in order:

-Javier where are you staying?

-Strawbeary. Buy a ticket. I dare you.

-squirrelly, there's actually an event at Sci-Arc that night, from what I gather. At 7pm, drinks and food, not sure where exactly. I thought I might just show up.

-rationalist, yes I still want a tour. I am scheduled to meet with Dr. Noble at 3 on that day. So, let's talk details....

-mdler, Karaoke will require copious amounts of alcohol for me. Better start conditioning....

Jan 4, 07 6:56 pm  · 
 · 

what time should I turn up then? I don't want to intrude on intense MBS talks, but am the master of tours of that place. If anyone on archinect went to one of the prospective/admitted students days anytime from 2002-2005, there was a 25% chance they'd have me as a tour guide.

Jan 4, 07 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

rationalist vs WonderK tour guide competition

Jan 4, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
evangelicalbunny

Dear Friends,

How about blue on blue over at the Avalon Hotel? I'm probably doing an early dinner (19:00ish) on the 15th (MLK day) but will happily hang out for some post-prandial drinks.

It's also been ages since I've hopped over to the Dresden Room so that might be a nice treat too.

With Love,

eb

Jan 4, 07 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

been a long long time since i posted on good ol' archinect, but i noticed that archinectors might be getting together in my new town and of course that elicited a "woo-hoo" from me.. sounds like several of you live pretty close to where i live. not sure what i'm doing on mlk day, but if i can swing it, i'll certainly contribute to the archinect-and-alcohol-fueled revelry.

Jan 4, 07 8:05 pm  · 
 · 

Wonder K... I might be staying around Silverlake.

Jan 4, 07 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

wonderK, why do you dare me?

I already checked for tickets, not too bad 2 hundo and some change. My best friend (well, maid of honor at least) lives in LA, I haven't visited her in over a year, I'm due. We are currently cooking up plans for her to come here in Feb though. She is also an architect.

I am tempted. I've never been to sciarc. never been out for mimosas. nver been to the whiskey a go-go. never met the garwondler in person. I would be highly entertained.

Jan 4, 07 8:17 pm  · 
 · 

*sigh*

i'll be there in spirit to see the garwondler....

Jan 4, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

HOLY SHIT WE BROUGHT BACK HETERARCHY

God that's exciting. heterarchy, you were like my "where's waldo" there for a while. By all means, please show up. However, do note that the 13th is the Saturday before MLK day.

eb, who are you? Alicia Silverstone in clueless? I haven't even thought about Monday yet but chances are I'd be up for something low-key since I have to fly out Tuesday morning. Only if you bring Paul Rudd though.

Jan 4, 07 11:22 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Oh my GOD, heterarchy!!!! I was just thinking of you today, trapped here in Naptown as I am.....

Jan 4, 07 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Whoa. So Gas Lite? Awesome! I hope they have karaoke that night!

Woooo!

Jan 5, 07 12:35 am  · 
 · 
garpike

So this LA thing might be big? We may see a reincrnated heterarchy?

Jan 5, 07 12:37 am  · 
 · 
myriam

this soudns so fwonedruful. i can't wait! woohoo! wonderk i can drive you from sci-arc to to eh gas lite if you want. i haven't seen sci-arc ever yet. can do.

Jan 5, 07 1:39 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yay for drunk posting! Ha ha! myriam, when you are recovered, let's talk about getting around that evening....

Jan 5, 07 9:18 am  · 
 · 
myriam

preview of coming attractions, wonderk... preview of coming attractions!

Jan 5, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
heterarch

dates and holidays are irrelevant, the true holiday is in you MIND.

from the ashes he shall rise, reincarnated as the brass knuckles worn by an albino siamese chimpanzee.

Jan 5, 07 11:00 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I noticed the Dresden up there. Could be fun. Gotta get there kind of early, though.

The Gas Lite is kind of divey. I hope I am not leading everyone into a trap. Yay for Budweiser!

I'll do G'n'R if the karaoke machines running. I'll need a Slash to my Axl, or an Axl to my Slash. I am cool with either part.

Jan 5, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Just enjoyed 2 martinis at Dear Johns. Ah the west side...

Jan 6, 07 1:01 am  · 
 · 

mmmm, martinis..... I had a couple of great ones at Gordon Biersch in pasadena last weekend after the Rose Bowl.

Jan 6, 07 1:31 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oooh ooh I've been to Gordon Biersch. Maybe in San Francisco?

Who are the people that make the garlic fries at the baseball park? Those are wonderful...

Jan 6, 07 2:05 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Ok ok no Gordon Biersch. C'mon. You want McDonalds too?

Jan 6, 07 4:28 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Sorry... uncalled for. I be assholistic.

Jan 6, 07 4:28 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I didn't say I wanted to go there, I just said I've been there and I got excited because I recognized the name.

And you can only get those garlic fries in the Pacific time zone. And they are awfully good.

Jan 6, 07 11:17 am  · 
 · 

And I didn't say I wanted to go there either. You just made me think of the good martinis I had there last week.

Jan 6, 07 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

if you guys want martinis, we will go to Nics in BH. One of my projects...they have a walk in vodka freezer / bar... Beverly Hills scene for sure, but pretty funny

Jan 6, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I almost had a panic attack at a bar in BH. Man that place is not me.

Jan 6, 07 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

a martini is the easiest freakin drink to make. my mom can make a freaking good martini.

Jan 6, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I was quite the cantankerous one last night. My apologies to all.

Jan 6, 07 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

no BH please folks....I may break out in hives if I am around that ubber pretentious LA crowd types that don't even live in BH.
However I am curious to see that mdler project with the walkin freezer! hmmmm

Jan 8, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Maybe we'll go there after we've already gotten wasted. Drunk bus, anyone?

Jan 8, 07 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

BH = BOOBIES

Jan 8, 07 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

BH = FAKE BOOBIES (as well as all the boobies that already drunk)

Jan 8, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

ahhh...modern technology!!!!1

Jan 8, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

WonderK, drunk bus just doesn't work in LA as well as it does in other cities. I've only experienced it in Denver, but would be a bit scared to in LA. Maybe I just haven't lived in the right parts of LA?

Jan 8, 07 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

other suggestions -
-saints and sinners
-good hurt (sexy ladies serving drinks while dressed as naught nurses)
-liquid kitty
-beauty bar (in hollywood, but very un-hollywood, first time i walked in it was because they were rocking 'welcome to the jungle' by gnr)

any deadline on decision?

Jan 8, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I suppose we have until Friday to decide but I thought we already did. And incidentally, I've been to Beauty Bar too. Ha ha! How hip am I?!?

(not really)

Honestly I'm not really interested in meeting all of you while being served by naughty nurses. Garwondler, however....now that's a server....

Jan 8, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

what are liquid kitty and saints and sinners? i don't really care where we go i guess. cheap would be better than expensive. don't want to feel like it is prohibitive to enjoy ourselves...

Jan 8, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 

Is Saints and Sinners on Venice Blvd? There's a place I've always been curious about that I can't see the full name of as I drive past, has a logo that's a red 'S' with a halo over it. Is that the one?

Jan 8, 07 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

haha WonderK.
I wouldn't mind being served by naughty nurses or scantily-clad women. I think that's awesome. You'd have Garwondler and we'd have out wenches....

rationalist, that sounds like it might be the place. Sounds pretty interesting...I would love to check that place out too (if anyone would too). But otherwise I'm good with most places as long as the ambiance is good and it's inexpensive, as myriam said.

Jan 8, 07 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i dont drink

Jan 8, 07 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: