Welcome
To
The
Jungle

i wanna hear you SCREAM!!!!

Jan 8, 07 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Normal people go to the Caribbean or Hawaii or even Florida. No, for my Winter Warm Weather excursion, I have to go to Southern California (as posted by Orhan)...

So it's not enough that you have earthquakes and wildfires, apparently you have to worry about spontaneous combustion from manure piles too.....

Jan 8, 07 9:59 pm  · 
 · 

the kid in 'To' is a badass, vado.

Jan 8, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i thought gas lite was it?!

i've been to good hurt...ten dollars cover charge to see some shitty unknown band...pool table whatever...oh yeah bartenders showing massive cleavage as mentioned by heterarchy...

forget the standard in downtown, like what garpike mentioned...you gotta wear leather pants and silk shirts to get in...high class type shit...

liquid kitty...don't know much about it except that my structures teacher recommended it and he use to sport a liquid kitty shirt...

i want to go to sci-arcs friday's at 5 but i work and coming from the westside and wont make it there(with traffic) til 8 or so...dub keezy...if you and myriam are gonna go, have dot, appleseed, something over there, steven fuchs give you a tour...i remember dot saying that he worked in the library...the library has access to the rooftop where you can take cool pictures of l.a....otherwise i wont be there til 8 or so...i'll show you the holes on the ground where lebbeus did his installation...there's drinks there in the meantime and you and myriam can meet people...

other suggestions...

we can go roll at santa monica bowling alley...nihilists...that's were they filmed it right?

i'll go where ever...

Jan 9, 07 3:33 am  · 
 · 
myriam

oh shit, i thought that sci-arc thing was saturday at 7. or something. I'm not quite sure what is up with that. i want to see the school, though, if possible.

Jan 9, 07 3:36 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

13th a friday... dammm i'm just realizing that's friday the 13th...well theres always drinks there on friday...fridays at 5...and it being friday the 13th, i'm guessing it'll be wild...?????i don't know...

Jan 9, 07 3:42 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

oops...13th is a sat...sorry...

Jan 9, 07 4:13 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

OK, now I'm all confused (re: Thread Central last night, my head still hurts). I thought the Sci-Arc thing was on Saturday, too? Who knows this?

Also, Friday is the 12th. Saturday the 13th.

Santa Monica bowling alley is only open until 2 am, according to the web site. What fun is that?

Jan 9, 07 8:26 am  · 
 · 

I looked on the SCIArc calendar, and they don't even show anything happening this friday. Where did you people hear about this?

Jan 9, 07 10:51 am  · 
 · 
mdler

you can all come over to my place and get drunk

Jan 9, 07 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Sweet!

Why don't we do this: meet and greet at Gas Lite at like 8 (move it up from 9, especially if the Sci-Arc thing isn't happening?) and then if we want to move on to someplace else eventually we can. Easier said than done, I know, but then at least we have a collection point and can carpool or share cabs, etc....

All in favor?

Jan 9, 07 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

Right O DUB-K....Im down!

Jan 9, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Aye

Jan 9, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Well hot bleep if LA isn't the place to be this weekend!!!

I'm so sad I'm not going to be there.

Jan 9, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

+ u know LIB Bell....if you are here this weekend, something of yours might burn down too!!

but too bad you can't break free from your bleeping city to join us!

Jan 9, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

heterarchy, I haven't ben to Saints and SInners yet. I was theer a few tiems when it was the local dive Sarnas. It is down the street from me.

Also on Venice Blvd is Carbon. It's teeny. Like a trailer. But nice.

Good Hurt's cool. My band played there a few times. No welcome to the Jungle, though.

Jan 9, 07 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Cool, lb! That place is cool - CFLUI that is. And so is the Museum of Jurassic Technology next door. We should go there!

Jan 9, 07 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

wondERK I am down. We can start at Gas Lite, and go from there, and if the crowd doesn't budge, at least we'll be at a bar.

Jan 9, 07 10:48 pm  · 
 · 

I'm there.

Jan 9, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Oops, CLUI, not CFLUI.

Woo hoo for Gas Lite. And a bigger Woo hoo for beer!

Jan 9, 07 11:47 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

haha garpike.

so then plans are final eh?
lets make sure everyone is on board!! 8ish right?

Jan 10, 07 6:10 pm  · 
 · 

Do we need to wear 'architecture sucks' t's, or should we be searching the old 'what to archinecters look like' thread to figure out who we're looking for?

Jan 10, 07 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

HAHA I think that's a sweet idea (although I may have to switch it up with one of my other archinect Ts - I seem to have misplaced my architecture sucks one.....dammit)

Jan 10, 07 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i will be the guy in the yellow elephant thong...

Jan 10, 07 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
grid

The sci-arc thing on friday is friday's at 5. A great way to start the evening. Alcohol will be provided.

I'm not a big fan of Gas Lite. The east side has more character than the west.

Jan 10, 07 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

wait, I thought that was the all elusive Garwondler wearing that elephant thong???

and you aint wearing that thong in my car mdler unless you bring some plastic coverings!

Jan 10, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 

Actually I don't relish the idea of wearing my 'architecture sucks' t out on the town.

Well, since I'll be meeting WonderK earlier that day, we'll be able to find each other at least.

Jan 10, 07 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

We are still talking about Saturday night, right? 8 pm it is then....

yes, rationalist and I will know each other. So that's two in a group. Plus I will have a redhead with me, and potentially one other brunette and a 40-ish guy (my friend's roommates). I'm not sure if they are coming or not though. But I also know mdler, so that's 4 at least.

The rest of you, I honestly don't know who I'm looking for, so you'll have to find us....I think we're going to have big group though. So we shouldn't be too hard to find!

Just in case you need a refresher: moi

Jan 10, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

WonderK

I will recognize you

Jan 10, 07 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

You know me, wondERK!

Jan 10, 07 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I'm the one with no nose!

Jan 11, 07 12:15 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Beauty is the eyes of the Beholder

Jan 11, 07 12:34 am  · 
 · 
garpike

mdler and I will be the ones holding the empty bottle of Jack. Just wake us up.

Jan 11, 07 3:24 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

no jack just beers...wake you up?...no crashing and burning!!!...are we planning on losing our brains completely?....nothing against it because i'm down with losing brain...don't know about losing my brain at a bar though...

i'll see you guys at gas lite...i'll throw horns \m/...once i spot you guys...

Jan 11, 07 3:44 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm so envious - you guys are going to have so much fun! Who will be willing to write it up as a front-page feature?

Jan 11, 07 8:33 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

With TONS of photos, of course! I want all those phone-cams to be full!

Jan 11, 07 8:33 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

There will be no sleeping! Everyone has plenty of time to get rested up by sleeping in on Saturday morning. I, of course, will have some difficulty sleeping past 8:30 so I'll just have to nap Saturday afternoon.

Or now. Gosh I'd like a nap now....

Jan 11, 07 8:34 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

aw, have fun. i really wanted to come.

Jan 11, 07 9:08 am  · 
 · 

dammson- I wasn't planning on losing my brain completely, as there's the whole driving home issue. In this town if you take a cab, you might come back in the morning to find your car's been towed or something!

Jan 11, 07 10:54 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

well supposedly not with the new laws in place rationalist (the law that went into effect this new year - about towing without notifying owners of establishments frist) that could save you some time, but inevitably, yes you might find your car at the impound lot.

oooh...so we can bring cameras and catch all the crazyness going on eh? I know I will bring mine Liberty Bell!

Jan 11, 07 10:59 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

let's sketch each other...

Jan 11, 07 11:01 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

do stick figures count?

Jan 11, 07 11:26 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I'm trying to figure out travel arrangements. I think I will have to take the train home Sunday. Have you seen Union Station yet WonderK?

Jan 11, 07 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Only in Washington, DC.....

Did you see that Beckham is coming to the LA Galaxy? That will officially count in the "pro" column on my list of reasons to move to LA....

Jan 11, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

OK Saturday 8pm-ish? Can someone text my phone the final rendezvous point sometime on Sat? I'll try to sway the boat in that direction.

Jan 11, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 

wait, is this thing friday or saturday?

Jan 11, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Saturday. Always been Saturday. The only thing there was ever any debate on was the SCI-Arc thing, which is apparently Friday.

So, in conclusion:

Friday, 5 pm, SCI-Arc

Saturday, 8 pm, Gas Lite

Jan 11, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

But friday is just you and rationalist right? Wonder??

and then Sat is for the entire bunch???

I gather that if we want we can also show up to the SciArc thing, yes?

Jan 11, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 

the only thing that's just me and WK is some USC stuff before the SCIArc thing. Of course, anybody and everybody is welcome at the SCIArc thing.

What IS the SCIArc thing exactly though? A lecture, an exhibit, a random party that we'll be intruding upon? Not shirking on going, just curious.

Jan 11, 07 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: