Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

1deviantC

classmate of mine got into GSD today, he got a fonecall from toshiko at 5pm pst (212 area code)...and by the way, classmate's lastname starts with a 'B'

Mar 17, 07 2:05 am  · 
 · 
crispyFoods

Hi all, first post. I've been watching the thread to get an idea of when to expect things and have been quite entertained in the meanwhile. Your collective nervous anticipation even rubbed off on me…a little.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in and add my good news to the pile. I applied to Yale and GSD for the MArch I programs. I got the acceptance email from Yale early that first day, and just today got a voice mail from Toshiko. I haven't returned it yet because it is much later where she is than where I am,…but I'm assuming it's good news. Regardless, I won't really believe anything until I have the physical letters in my eager hands.

Not really sure what choice to make, but I think I'll try to hit up an open house. What should I look for when I go? I have a pretty good idea, but I'm sure there are things to watch out for that I haven't thought of. Either way, can't really lose.

Congratulations to all those whom have been accepted to your program/s of choice. And to those who maybe didn't get your first choice, I've found that—as trite as it may seem—these things happen usually for a reason.

My best!

Mar 17, 07 3:04 am  · 
 · 
ClemsonDnB

ahhh im so stressed out that my phone is off so i dont know if i got a call from toshiko or not... oh well hopefully ill find out soon! congrats to all that have heard from her!

haano , i also got accepted to the 3 year marchI at columbia... are you going to the open house?

Mar 17, 07 4:26 am  · 
 · 
ddyy

seems like everyone got into gsapp + yale!!

so is toshiko calling everyone who got accepted to gsd?

Mar 17, 07 7:57 am  · 
 · 
tokyoDrifter

Congratulations to everyone who's heard this week!

FROCCLI, you get a specific mention after that mess with your email address!

:)

Mar 17, 07 8:03 am  · 
 · 
tokyoDrifter

Who's going to which open houses?

Mar 17, 07 8:05 am  · 
 · 
haano

clemsondnb: congrats and probably. though it all depends on gsd. you?

Mar 17, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 
Buckity

A lot of people had already gotten into the gsd without phone calls - by mail or fedex. I think the phone call people much be the last of the aceptees :(

Mar 17, 07 8:52 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Congratulations everyone, and special shout out tokyoDrifter :)

I'm off to visit UCLA so I may not have internet for a few days. It's going to drive me crazy to be unable to check this thead!!

Mar 17, 07 10:00 am  · 
 · 
fuzzy_atelier

Wow, so many good news overnight!... Congratulations to all who have been accepted!

Mar 17, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
ksArcher

GSAPP letter today! good news..I was beginning to have some doubts on that one. Didn't get much money from them, however- hoping to get more from Yale, or others...

Mar 17, 07 11:23 am  · 
 · 
skeminator

just got the sci-arc rejection letter in the mail - a little disheartening. i got pratt's m.arch 1 acceptance yesterday, so life will go on :).

Mar 17, 07 11:43 am  · 
 · 
miami

so what are the chances she will be making calls on a saturday??

Mar 17, 07 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

skem- where do you live? i'm waiting on both of those programs.

Mar 17, 07 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

Oh man, Congrats everyone! I really really really really really really hope I get an accpetance letter today (and everyone who hasn't heard anything yet too)! All of these accpetances are making me soooooo nervous! I think I might have been better off last year before I was aware of the archinect discussion boards. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Mar 17, 07 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
sfibs

Buckity- I'm also waiting- I don't think I have noticed any actual acceptances to SCI-arc (M.arch 1) yet.
Congrats Skem! Do you think you will choose Pratt?

Mar 17, 07 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

yes this thread is certainly making it worse. its so damn addicting though

Mar 17, 07 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

I'm really looking forward to the mail coming today. All these acceptances is exciting. Again, congratulations to everyone receiving them.

Hey Froccoli, how were you notified by Yale? Your acceptance came later than the others. Just wondering if there is still a chance for the rest of us. Also, are you MArch I?

Thanks.

Mar 17, 07 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
fivepass

ksArcher :: where do you live? a friend of mine is also waiting to hear from columbia...

Mar 17, 07 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

babs - Yale said that there may be a few more acceptances. i think it is whoever bob pulls rank for...but that is just speculation.

Does anyone know the class sizes of the march1 programs this year? Specifically Sci-Arc/Parsons/Pratt?

I remember Princeton being 15 and Yale being 60...but I feel like 300 people have been accepted to each program and it like everyone and their mom got into gsd and columbia. Mit is 30, right? But no one has heard from them yet?

Mar 17, 07 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
hallojii

Buckity-

i've been accepted to parsons m.arch 1 program and the class size is 24

Mar 17, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Damn. Mail just came and nothing again.

Mar 17, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
fuzzy_atelier

Yeah, this forum is indeed addictive! But the more I hang around here, the more anxious and negative I become! Deep down... there is still hope... but the mental picture is replaying more often now than before: bubble pack? small thin light letter? Happy? What if? Sad? bubble pack? small thin light letter? What if?... How to?....... It's driving me bonkers. Do you guys get this mental too? Lol.

Mar 17, 07 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
miami

Just got the official Yale admissions package. Financial aid info comes later.

Mar 17, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Miami,

Did you also get the e-mail last week?

Mar 17, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
miami

yeah i got it early last week when others got it.

Mar 17, 07 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
hallojii

miami, is it for m.arch 1?

Mar 17, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
miami

yep, March I. still waiting from GSD.. but as they say, no news is better than bad news.

Mar 17, 07 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

baboomba: i got mine by e-mail. they tried to send it earlier this week but to the wrong e-mail address so they re-fwded it to me yesterday.

tokyodrifter: thanks meng! maybe i'll see you at the open house.

Mar 17, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

No mail again. AAAAAARRRRGGG!

Mar 17, 07 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
scorr88

got the GSD call (last night for those still biting their nails). i have to admit, during that big pause between her introduction and stating the purpose of her phone call, my gut reaction was total puzzlement as to why toshiko mori would call me on a friday evening.

still waiting on UCLA, MIT...and Princeton - i'm just wondering what form my rejection will take. might take a stroll downstairs to the mailbox.

Mar 17, 07 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

Just got an acceptance letter from Syracuse for M.Arch 1 with a scholarship and a stipend!!!

Mar 17, 07 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
hallojii

congrats cpnorris! :)

Mar 17, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

No mail today for me. I feel like this:

Mar 17, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
wellywellywell

that word is 'pony' by the way. damned html.

Mar 17, 07 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Excellent news, cpnorris! When it rains it pours. I expect this is the first of many for you.

Congrats also to scorr88 on GSD.

Mar 17, 07 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

thanks baboomba and hallojii, pretty happy right now. i can actually go to grad school somewhere.

Mar 17, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
hallojii

I hate how bollywood movies are getting so sleazy and more shallow content-wise.

Mar 17, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
Buckity

cp- that's amazing. a stipend?! that is truely fabulous.

Mar 17, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
fivepass

congratz everyone!..way to go archinecter's

Mar 17, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats, cpnorris! What inspired you to apply to Syracuse? I'll admit I know almost nothing about the program there.

Mar 17, 07 3:30 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

Well, according to the GSD student's handbook:

Projected Incoming Class of 2007:

MArch I: 59
MArch I AP: 15
MArch II: 37

MLA I : 24
MLA I AP: 8
MLA II: 7

MAUD: 20
MLAUD: 1
MUP: 26

MDES: 30
MDES AP: 6
DDES: 8
PHD: 3

Total: 238

Mar 17, 07 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

LIG - Just looking around at schools and i checked out there website and was pretty impressed with the work shown and what the dean had to say about architecture. When i went and visited, it instantly became one of my top choices. The architecture school is in an amazing renovated warehouse in downtown Syracuse. The school seems to have the same quality professors, facilities and money as the ivies, though it is quite overshadowed by them (as just about every school is).

It's definitely a program to check out. Seems similar to Rice in that it is a very small program and also it is a design school, rooted in history and theory. What really set it apart from all other schools is that every studio has dual instructors and they set it up so that the instructors have conflicting ideas or approaches to architecture, which in my opinion is a brilliant idea. And one of there biggest assets is the career resources department, which has contacts with just about every firm in the nation, so getting a great job afterwards is highly likely. One more thing to note is that Syracuse might be one of the cheapest place in the nation to live and its not to far from Boston or NYC.

Mar 17, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
nicey

phone call acceptance to risd! and scholarship... this is getting a bit complicated!

Mar 17, 07 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

awesome nicey!!!

Mar 17, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

It is time to go get drunk with my green shirt on. hope everyone gets some good news!!!!

Mar 17, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
nicey

cp, congrats on syracuse. they're hooking you up!

Mar 17, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
axial753

berkeley's list is composed. we'll hear from them very soon.

Mar 17, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 

how do you know this axial??

Mar 17, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
hallojii

when is sci-arc's list going to be composed?

Mar 17, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: