Archinect
anchor

2007 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

Chairman-Mao

I called Vtech. They said hopefully by April 1st. Anyone applied Vtech?

Mar 8, 07 1:59 pm  · 
 · 

brightside, I thought that you said, they said they'd send them out by the end of the week, not after the end of the week?

Mar 8, 07 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Well, I hope Cornell has different admissions pools for AP applicants and non-AP applicants.

Mar 8, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

Yeah, Cornell doesn't bother to call, they just email. The stress of making 15 phone calls is probably too much for the department to handle.

-andrew

Mar 8, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

*sigh*

Today might be the day I lose my shit. Cornell is by far my top choice.

Think I should call them an ask, or would that be asking for trouble?

Mar 8, 07 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

Cornell has slightly different pools for ap vs. non-ap, although the decision as to who is granted "advanced placement" is made behind closed doors and makes absolutely no sense; they just say they want to create a "balance" of a "handful" of APs a year. Whatever that means...

-andrew

Mar 8, 07 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
haano

oh, a friend of mine not "friends"..
yeah, it was via e-mail.

Mar 8, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

AHHHH IT'S STARTING...

· 
therpeuticlotion

AHHHH IT'S STARTING...

· 

brightside.... ha! now we're contributing to each other's paranoia! I fully expect mine to come Saturday or Monday, since I'm so close that post usually only takes a day (my first class stuff always got to them in one day, anyways), so if they mail tomorrow, then it should get here withing one to two postal days. But we don't know if they're mailing, emailing, calling, what, so I'm still a bit anxious about the possibilities of earlier knowledge.

Mar 8, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I don't think I applied for AP... I doubt I would qualify for it anyway, even though I've have a few studios in the past. I'd just be happy to get in, period.

Mar 8, 07 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

I think Ithaca is still buried under, like, 2 feet of snow. Man, glad I'm not there right now.

Mar 8, 07 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

having re-checked last years thread, is seems that my expectation of mail on Saturday or Monday is pretty reasonable. The first people got their responses from CCA on March 13th, which, looking at last year's calendar, was a Saturday approximately equivilant to this Saturday, March 10th.

FUCK! I am going to be letting cosmetology students play with my hair during prime mail-delivery time on Saturday. I am going to be soooo nervous.

Mar 8, 07 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
sparch

pardon my ignorance..

what's CCA?

Mar 8, 07 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

rationalist - I hear that. Checking my email all day has done wonders for my productivity. Ugh. Hooray for anti-anxiety drugs!

-andrew

Mar 8, 07 2:37 pm  · 
 · 

sparch- California College of the Arts, in San Fran, with beautiful buildings and a pretty good curriculum and generally fun attitude.

Mar 8, 07 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
happyvirus

my dailiy activities involove checking my gmail couple of times, refreshing this thread every couple of minutes, and paying attention to the vibration of my cellphone while pretending i am cadding hard and finally running home to check my mailbox after work. It is a lot of time/effort/energy consuming. it used to be so simple back in the days!

Mar 8, 07 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Well I just checked my mail and no news from any school.
At least I don't need to wait for mail, as I work from home.

Mar 8, 07 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
twotwotwo

All this hair talk reminds me that I need to go pick up a bottle of my favorite curl gel on my way home. Damn, i wish it was a little warmer outside...

Mar 8, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

Man, I'm really getting sick of this whole deal. Going out of town this week. Hopefully I'll have some letters when I get back. Good luck everyone.

Mar 8, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

I'll probably wait until monday or even tuesday to do any calling, so that if they drop stuff in the mail tomorrow it has time to get to me.

Mar 8, 07 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
kakacabeza

MArch Madness

Mar 8, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

someone heard from UVa.

Mar 8, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

also RISD

Mar 8, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
sparch

does anyone know when UIUC sends out mails?

anyway... now i have regret... i should've worked more on my portfolio, so i could have better chance of earning scholarship.
maybe if i had scholarship in mind, i would've applied to more schools.

i got into UWM two weeks ago... (no scholarship offer) and its out of state tuition ($22,000 a year) seems too much for me (i know private schools and Umich are around $30,000 - out of reach for me)

i am on 4th year of undergrand... so don't have any savings, and don't want to be under debt.

Mar 8, 07 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

O.k. Wait. Ding, did you say someone just heard from UVa?

Thanks.

Mar 8, 07 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

How were they notified and was it positive or negative?

Thanks again.

Mar 8, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
tuckerpants

How did RISD notify?

Mar 8, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

Check out: accepted to grad schools yet? (fall 2007)

someone got a letter from UVa.

My buddy just called RISD. The lady told him that "you are not admitted......". The letter has been sent.

Mar 8, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

also..... on here. someone posted:
http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php

Mar 8, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I finally broke down and called Cornell. They said I should hear back from them anytime from within the "next couple days" (if I'm admitted, presumably) to the "next couple weeks" (if I'm rejected, presumably).

Mar 8, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

if i remember right acceptances are usually staggered

Mar 8, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I hope so... I'm trying to remind myself that I'd probably be perfectly happy at any school I get accepted to, but I really had my hopes up about Cornell.

Mar 8, 07 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

God, I love how fucked up Cornell is; when they say "next couple weeks" its because they really have no idea who they are admitting. I bet they have barely started looking at the apps. What a nut house.

-andrew

Mar 8, 07 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
nomadic

wow, whoever got rejected by RISD and posted on thegradcafe.com sure wasn't pleased...I'm assuming that if someone got rejected yet I haven't heard anything it's because they called and my letter is in the hands of the u.s. postal service? Maybe that means those of us who don't call will hear within the next 2 days.

Mar 8, 07 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
dmc

umich 3G with 30k scholarship. wow, will definitely visit.

Mar 8, 07 7:04 pm  · 
 · 

that's practically the whole cost of attendance, huh? Major congrats on that one!

Mar 8, 07 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

Damnit! Still no mail today! However I did get the new issue of Dwell....any of you guys subscribe? Oh well, time to head out to the bar and dilute the anxiety with a few pints.....

Mar 8, 07 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
Japhy

Oh and major congrats dmc! 30k scholarship to umich is awesome!

Mar 8, 07 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
nomadic

Damn, not only did i not get my Dwell issue yet (where is it?) i want to hear of my financial aid offer from UMich. How come you got THE two things I wanted in the mail and I didn't?

Mar 8, 07 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
nomadic

it is ok to whine in this post, right?

Mar 8, 07 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
Chairman-Mao

sure

Mar 8, 07 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
+2

Anybody got any reputable opinions about UMich? I just got accepted in the MArch2 program, but im still not sure I want to go there.

Mar 8, 07 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
+2

ding - I applied to VTech too. I applied to the WAAC campus, it seems pretty cool though it doesnt have all the resourses that Blacksburg's campus has

Mar 8, 07 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
ksArcher

UVA envelope today... small- but an acceptance! More to come they say... just an fyi for those who applied there.

Mar 8, 07 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
sharkkitten

Okay, I'm not even applying and I'm totally obsessed! My boyfriend applied to four top tier schools and we are holding our breath to hear something SOON!!! Yikes. I have taken over the position of archinect and gradcafe monitor. Every time MY phone rings I get the jitters... Is it him calling to tell me good news?? I'm sure it's much worse for the actual applicant. Just letting you know that your loved ones are just as anxious! I'm thinking of starting some superstitious practice with our mailbox... rubbing sage, leaving Lucky Charms crumbs, taping a photo of a four-leaf clover, something, anything!

Mar 8, 07 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
+2

ksArcher - you from Ohio State? I applied to UVa too, hopefully I get my letter tomorrow

Mar 8, 07 9:42 pm  · 
 · 

Another day, still no news.

I hate my mailbox now- it's emptiness, or worse, the distracting, misleading fullness that turns out to be a combination of bills, pennysaver ads, and the latest issue of Print. I love Print, but I hated it today. It's rolled bulk sat there, perfectly proportioned to be an acceptance, but of course it wasn't.

Mar 8, 07 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Another day, no news here either.

Mar 8, 07 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

NADA

Mar 8, 07 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: