Archinect
anchor

CD Swap!

are you ALL through? going once, going twice...

Apr 15, 06 12:17 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

so how's this gonna work exactly? should we just check here to see who to send it to and a possible theme or what?

Apr 15, 06 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Ok after this post anyone who signs up will be in the next cd swap. the list of who sends cds to whom will be posted in a day or two. The theme for this first one is just going to be "your favorite songs of the moment". Try and get them in the mail by may 15th, thats plenty of time vado.

Check back soon for the list!

Apr 15, 06 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Here it is folks, the first official Archinect CD swap roster.

Theme: "Favorite Songs of the Moment."

CD's should be sent out no later than May 15th

Format appears as follows:

Sender > Receiver

Your name will be on here twice, once on each side.

Manamana > Post Neorealcrapismist
Archinaut > Steven Ward
Fog lite > Archinaut
3dgraffiti > Franklloydmike
lletdownl > Manamana
Huanmic > Mightylittle
Chairman Mao > betadinesutures
Superglue > Cris
Fro > AP
Strawbeary > lletdownl
AP > Liberty bell
Quixotica > Liznieve
Vado Retro > Wantanfon5
Post Neorealcrapismist > Susan Surface
Wantanfon5 > Gabe Bergeron
Liznieve > Steven Ward
Susan Surface > Randar 82
Liberty Bell > Fog Lite
Pixelwhore > Vado Retro
betadinesutures > Strawbeary
dusty > 3dgraffiti
Randar 82 > Huanmic
bigness > Chairman Mao
Franklloydmike > Pixelwhore
Cris > bigness
Steven Ward > Fro
Mightylittle > dusty
Gabe Bergeron > Superglue

Apr 16, 06 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

thanks for working this out, quix.

may be a mistake but i'm getting two! (liznieve & archinaut)

Apr 16, 06 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

crap, hold on

Apr 16, 06 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

so, waiting for the confirmed list...

Apr 16, 06 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

ok i made the classic mistake of forgetting myself. Archinaut, you send to me instead of steven ward and that should solve everything.

I'll work out all the kinks the next time around.

Apr 16, 06 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Manamana > Post Neorealcrapismist
Archinaut > Quixotica
Fog lite > Archinaut
3dgraffiti > Franklloydmike
lletdownl > Manamana
Huanmic > Mightylittle
Chairman Mao > betadinesutures
Superglue > Cris
Fro > AP
Strawbeary > lletdownl
AP > Liberty bell
Quixotica > Liznieve
Vado Retro > Wantanfon5
Post Neorealcrapismist > Susan Surface
Wantanfon5 > Gabe Bergeron
Liznieve > Steven Ward
Susan Surface > Randar 82
Liberty Bell > Fog Lite
Pixelwhore > Vado Retro
betadinesutures > Strawbeary
dusty > 3dgraffiti
Randar 82 > Huanmic
bigness > Chairman Mao
Franklloydmike > Pixelwhore
Cris > bigness
Steven Ward > Fro
Mightylittle > dusty
Gabe Bergeron > Superglue

Apr 16, 06 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

THIS is the epitome of cool.

Apr 17, 06 7:42 am  · 
 · 

glad you fixed it, quix. wouldn't YOU have been bummed on 16 may?

Apr 17, 06 7:45 am  · 
 · 

so, fro, i'll be emailin ya. make sure you didn't use a fake.

Apr 17, 06 7:46 am  · 
 · 
AP

just updated my email address...the uni took my .edu last week, one year post graduation expiration...so, Fro, I will be hearing from ya, and contacting lb for hers...but first, gotta make the music...

Apr 17, 06 8:34 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yay! I'm excited. Now I must search the archives and see if any of FOGlite's posts will give me a glimmer of insight as to what music to include...as if my archinect time wasn't already excessive!

So fun, so fun!

Apr 17, 06 8:48 am  · 
 · 
French

Yeah, I know liberty. That's why I thought about participating and just gave after watching my schedule for the next 9 monthes... Hopefully, archinect will issue a podcast with the best tracks from every cd's you guys made!

Apr 17, 06 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
French

gave UP godammit no-edit-button-forum!

Apr 17, 06 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Rargh! I totally didn't peek in here because I knew I'd be tempted to participate in something I'd end up flaking on. Now that I see vado citing ELO ( <3 ) it's gonna be hard to stay out!!

Pixel please share when you get one!

Apr 17, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
3dGraffiti

It might be nice if each person posts their playlists after the CD has been sent (or received, so as not to spoil) so that everyone can view the selections…

Apr 17, 06 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
3dGraffiti

Oops.. quixotica, I see that you already suggested that.

Apr 17, 06 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Ah man, I have Vado... talk about pressure... at least FrankLloydMike can hand his to me if and save on shipping.

Apr 17, 06 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Ah man, I have Vado... talk about pressure... at least FrankLloydMike can hand his to me if he'd like and save on shipping.

Apr 17, 06 4:37 pm  · 
 · 

thats my version of the non-existant edit function, I guess....

Apr 17, 06 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Pixel, I didn't want to scare you by pointing out the pressure of doing a mix for vado! Though I can say that I've given him a couple cd's and he seems enthusiastic so far, so don't worry.

So wait, you and FLM work together?!?

Apr 17, 06 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Also: I'm disappointed that e909 didn't join in.

Apr 17, 06 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

sweet! I already know what lletdown listens to (from myspace), so I get to send him something completely different...

Apr 17, 06 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I'm actually feeling the pressure having Pixelwhore. I'm gonna try to put a lot of thought into this one, especially since I'll have to look you in the eye when I give it to you. haha. the no shipping cost is a big plus though for sure. and Pixelwhore actually works in the architecture department at my school. Since I've got a work/study job there, I suppose you could say we do work together. fancy that

Apr 17, 06 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ya...

I also felt the pressure upon seeing my assignment to the illustrious liberty bell ... but the second thought that crossed my mind was that she is a kind and open-minded person that would find something nice to say/think about my selections etc.

still, I don't wanna disappoint...

Apr 17, 06 5:04 pm  · 
 · 

i feel no pressure.

fro should expect a whole cd of garth brooks, brooks & dunn, and toby keith from me. i'm from ky after all.

ok, maybe some nickelback.

;-)

Apr 17, 06 5:08 pm  · 
 · 

liznieve- please ignore that last post completely. thank you.

Apr 17, 06 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Liberty-
I'm afraid I've made my tastes all too plain a couple times, but the theme is what YOU are listening to at the moment so don't get too hung up on my tastes. (Polka, I LOVE polka.)

Apr 17, 06 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
wood_

this is a lot harder than I'd thought it be - good songs for different moods; cant put a u2 song for something more hardcore.
!!

Apr 17, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
wood_

this is a lot harder than I thought it'd be - good songs for different moods; cant put a u2 song for something more hardcore.
!!

Apr 17, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Steven, is My Morning Jacket also from KY? vado just gave me one of theirs for my b-day and I really love it.

Thank goodness for itunes "most frequently played" category - makes compiling this CD quite easy!

Thanks for the kind words AP and I am certain I'll enjoy what you send me.

Apr 17, 06 11:03 pm  · 
 · 

actually none of the people i mentioned are kentuckians (i think). i was just making sure that i lowered fro's expectations and thereby relieved whatever pressure i might be tempted to feel.

my morning jacket is from louisville. short story of mmj:

back story: there is a tradition in lville of asking what high school (instead of college/univ) you attended because high school culture is a very defining thing here. tells all kinds of demographic info about you to those who know the schools. the biggest high school rivalry is between boys private schools trinity and st xavier.

my favorite mmj show was at derby time. for the last set they wore capes like boxers and under their capes they wore trinity basketball uniforms > satin trunks, big jerseys. if you've seen them, you're maybe able to picture these guys with long scraggly hair, uncombed beards in basketball garb. jim james with his flying v. whole set was of really well-played-but-intentionally-ironic-choice covers including van halen and journey.

Apr 18, 06 7:19 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

liznieve - your email didn't work, can you email me with your address?

Apr 18, 06 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
archinaut

i suddenly feel pressured to make a really awesome mix since i have to send it to the idea-person!
perhaps i'll watch high-fidelity for some inspiration

Apr 18, 06 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
surface

I'm excitedddddddddds.

Apr 18, 06 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
surface

Just sent emails to Post-Neorealcrapismist and Randar 82, so check it.

Apr 18, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
quixotica

Archinaut, no pressure,

Just think 1980's era japanese Ska
NuRockabilly
punk covers of "smelly cat"
horns wherest thout should be no horns
Gentle Giants greatest hits
Arabian speed metal
and bands that dont play anything, but then light their stuff on fire.

I mean if you cant come up with a mix for that, maybe you shouldnt be playing :)

Apr 18, 06 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

"bands that dont play anything, but then light their stuff on fire"

if i had a nickel for every time i ended up in a bar drinking Pabst Blue Ribon and listening/watching guys like this i would not have to go to bars and drink Pabst Blue Ribon and watch/listen to guys like that.

Nigerion Death metal and emo versions of "afternoon delight" are the only true ways to enjoy saterday afternoons

Apr 18, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 

i want to play... count me in for the next swap please...

Apr 18, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
archinaut

quixotica, i've only got polka covers of "smelly cat" hmmmm
otherwise, sure, i've got you covered. particularly the arabian speed metal, perhaps my favorite sub-genre, though i might suggest you look into the hungarian variety too.
and from your profile - you are local

Apr 18, 06 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

pixel its okay i dont even own a cd player...i'll just use it as a coaster.

Apr 18, 06 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

you have no idea how amazing its going to be Vado...

Apr 18, 06 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Damn, I guess you won't need my Jimmy Sturr Polka king version of "smelly cat" then, archinaut. I Was going to close out the mix with that. This changes everything!

Apr 18, 06 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
archinaut

sorry to dissapoint, but yes, i already have several versions - acoustic, live + acoustic, remix by nelle hooper and featuring maynard james keenan

Apr 18, 06 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
mwolmosp

why don't you all just sign up on lala.com?

Apr 19, 06 12:24 am  · 
 · 

this is grassroots, mw!

Apr 19, 06 7:13 am  · 
 · 
quixotica

Yeah, Old School, ya dig?

Archinaut, I live near K&A, if you just want to drop it off with one of the crack whores there, they'll make sure I get it.

Apr 19, 06 9:30 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

I'd love to see what each person sez about the mix he/she gets !!..

Apr 19, 06 9:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: