Archinect
anchor

CD Swap!

THEaquino

bump...

Jun 13, 10 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Sorry it's late, my life got a little hectic last week....

The List...

Steven Ward > GBB

phivphan > PsyArch

PsyArch > THEaquino

prairie school > architechnophilia

GBB > phivphan

architechnophilia > Steven Ward

THEaquino > prairie school

Jun 22, 10 12:18 am  · 
 · 

hah! gbb is here in kentucky, right?! i've mostly finished figuring out what to include, but that should change some things...

i'll email you, gbb.

Jun 22, 10 6:13 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

snap shot of my life right now....hmmm, that would be interesting.

Jun 22, 10 6:25 am  · 
 · 

i'm finally wrapping this up. still having trouble getting the track info to show up on the disc, but may have to let that go. (why has it always worked before?!)

also, going to try to work a meetup with gbb and another archinector since i've discovered that they're both in my town. so it'll be a face to face handoff!

Jul 17, 10 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
Geof

Well it's about time! (Kidding) Don't hurt yourself over the track info, I think I'll be able to manage without it.

Looking forward to the meetup to devise our evil Louis-Villain plans to take over Archine-- I mean... to discuss music... and stuff. Please disregard that last statement.

Jul 18, 10 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

met gbb last night and delivered my disc(s). added bonus: he gave me a copy of his discs in their beautifully crafted sleeve! it's good stuff, phivphan, if you haven't yet received it.

so, here's what gbb got:

soundtrack for a kentucky archinector: 2010

tootie ma is a big fine thing. preservation hall jazz band w/ tom waits. new orleans music & tom waits?! perfect.

the high road. broken bells. shins, ok... danger mouse = midas touch.

sinister kid. the black keys. louisville, iroquois amphtheater, 11 august. not to be missed.

our song. joe henry. his discography would be my desert island music. (as i said in 2006 with the first disc. still true.)

saturn’s ocean. the pass. young louisville guys, good live show. sure to be bigger.

idiot heart. sunset rubdown. sounds like it could be on one of my mid-80s mix tapes, but it’s from now. weird.

so divine (aladdin’s story). rolling stones. exile-era stones, never released until now = heaven!

too much 21st century. bauhaus. high school favorites, springboard for love & rockets, tones on tail, dali’s car, peter murphy

gravitate. lou barlow. i’ll get just about anything with which he’s involved: sebadoh, solo, folk implosion...

running. gil scott-heron. poet of ‘the revolution will not be televised’ fame.

money. sharon jones & the dap kings. good dirty old-school r&b. roll down the windows!

keep it hid. dan auerbach. a black key, back to basics.

yeah. lewis taylor. wishes he were performing in the 70s, evident from sound to cd ‘album’ cover.

call off the pain. the deloreans. cool & stylish louisville guys, played a great show on the roof of actors theater last year.

cheap & cheerful. the kills. simple and direct.

baby boomer. monsters of folk. jim james, m ward, conor oberst, mike mogis: not unified enough to be a ‘supergroup’, but good sounds.

life in laralay. sweethead. from a love & rockets tribute. l&r are all-time favorites.

not a robot, but a ghost. andrew bird. best pop whistling violinist out there.

white knuckles. ok go. someone’s been listening to a lot of 80s prince...

looking at the invisible man. the dead weather. serendipitous partnership arising from a raconteurs/kills tour.

wolves (song of the shepherd’s dog). iron & wine. don’t know iron & wine much, but love the loping groove of this song.

perambulator. the icicle works. ripped from some of my high school vinyl.

china my china. brian eno. also from vinyl, the ultimate collaborator: as a producer, makes everyone even better.

zebra. beach house. guilty pleasure, heard/picked up at ear xtacy.

to die a happy man. gary louris. a more mellow time now for the jayhawks’ leader, but still rich stuff.

i’m alive. elo. from the xanadu soundtrack (vinyl). be glad i didn’t pick an olivia newton-john track.

gbb also got a copy of my very first swap mix - the 2006 edition.

Jul 22, 10 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
Geof

Steven,
Listened to all three on my short road trip today, very nice. Lots of stuff that I hadn't heard before mixed in with a few familiar sounds that I got to hear in a new way.

BTW if you haven't had a chance to check them out, here's that band that I mentioned earlier:

http://www.bigdamnband.com/

Good ol' foot-stompin' backwoods bluegrass, with a really... interesting fan base (watch the "Clap Your Hands" video)

Jul 23, 10 12:29 am  · 
 · 

Steven I'm going to be starting your cd over the weekend... I've been a little bogged down with preparations and work. Do we have a theme for this round? I didn't see one but thought I would ask rather than assume.

Jul 23, 10 12:36 am  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

Oh if only Spotify was available all over the world.

Aug 1, 10 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

been listening to a lot of these lately. they all seem to have cake's version of I will Survive on them.

Apr 11, 11 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: