anchor

Official Boston Festivity Time!

FrankLloydMike

101! or if we count backwards..

99 bottles of beer on the wall....

Aug 8, 06 10:03 am  · 
 · 

98 bottles of beer...

so yeah, Wednesday (tomorrow!) at Otherside. what time works for the various factions involved?

Aug 8, 06 10:41 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

hmm. i get out of work at 6pm in newton, so probably a little after 7pm works best for me, but i don't mind coming late if folks wanna get their drink on earlier.

Aug 8, 06 11:33 am  · 
 · 

time isn't an issue for me, I'm flexible and work/live close enough that I can be flexible.

Aug 8, 06 11:38 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

so tonight at the other side? for real? what time?

Aug 9, 06 9:34 am  · 
 · 

unless there are lurkers that haven't spoken up, right now its just a party of two, which (no offense) isn't much of a party. me thinks it would be best to hold off till we can get a more substantial group together.

Aug 9, 06 9:53 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

snooker.

i used to live on washington st. as well...loved the wine
and cheese cask. and the thai place down the street...
1369 not being that long a walk away...and the apartment
was huge with a grape arbor off the back. regular bbqing.

Aug 9, 06 10:05 am  · 
 · 
myriam

Sorry guys, I'm dead broke and have been waiting to see about money before committing. Doesn't look like I'm gonna get any before tonight so it's a no go for me. (And before you offer to buy, Pixel, thank you very much! --but I would rather go when I don't have to feel bad about owing people money.)

Aug 9, 06 10:11 am  · 
 · 

I still owe you for hooking me up with that freelance work, so shut yer yap!

Aug 9, 06 10:15 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I went to the Other Side thursday night and got a delicious grape chicken salad sandwich on sourdough. I also asked the guy about Naragansett, but he said it was "shitty beer in a can" and "like Natty Ice," so I got a Cambridge Summer Ale, but wished they still had Cambridge Amber Ale.

Hey Pixelwhore, I've decided I should try branching out from the few bars I typically go to. any advice on places to scope out? also hoping you'll refute the server's description of Naragansett

Aug 14, 06 11:08 am  · 
 · 

I went to the Otherside on Saturday for breakfast. I love the breakfast burritto with scrambled tofu and the french toast is mighty impressive also.

On Naragansett I personally think the taste/price ratio is more acceptable than Natty Ice. I'm all about the cheap beer, no doubt about it. Although I did have some 120 Minute IPA this weekend, its like biting into a hop.

Aug 14, 06 11:18 am  · 
 · 

alright, hows schedules looking people? the new school year is almost upon us for some, here for others, and non-existant for the rest so let us know where you stand.

Aug 17, 06 3:20 pm  · 
 · 

<bump>

Myriam will be leaving our shores sooner than later, so festivity is in order. Per a conversation I had with her the other night, she's requesting that all the MIT/GSD kids come out and play too, as we know you're out there (we've even read your blogs) and socializing outside of studio can be a good thing.

Speak up on times that work for people.

Sep 24, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I'm definitely up for getting some archidrinks with folks from north of the river. Thursday nights work best for me, not sure about anyone else.

Sep 25, 06 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

spending wed night at inn at harvard, but off to new haven thurs...

Sep 26, 06 7:15 pm  · 
 · 

come on people...

Oct 8, 06 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I'm in, just as I was in for the spring meeting. Just try to have it when I'm not on vacation across the country.

Any time outside of the usual "9 to 5"

Oct 8, 06 9:46 pm  · 
 · 

alright, I'm bringing this back to see whom I can get to come out of the woodwork. I'm living in Central Square now but I'm down for riding my bike to any bar required.

Mar 24, 07 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

wow, Pixel. Good thinking. It's been a year now since I last attended a Boston Archinect Meetup, and I think that is about 11 months and 28 days too long. I'm up for some place new.

Mar 24, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

ps.Invite Glenn Wiggins, archinect handle: Funkmaster Glenn Flex.

Mar 24, 07 9:39 pm  · 
 · 

its gotta be more than the two of us, seeing that we cross paths on a near daily basis...

Mar 25, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I work in Inman Sq. so Cambridge works for me.

Mar 25, 07 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

cool. I'd love to check out some places in Cambridge

Mar 25, 07 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

aw pixel, you move within T distance *after* I leave... :(

Mar 25, 07 9:25 pm  · 
 · 

yeah I know... May 4th is the fashion show this year if you feel like flying in!

Mar 27, 07 8:47 am  · 
 · 
Gabe Bergeron

I'd come out of the woodwork for a Boston Archinect gathering - can travel pretty much anywhere... I got too busy to attend the last round of this, but Spring is in the air!

Mar 27, 07 10:27 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

sounds like. fun. so let's start thinking of a time and place. Tuesday nights are great for me, but I'm up for anything really, and like I said I'd like to try a new bar... so no suggestions of places here.

Mar 27, 07 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

so, is this still on?

What about a Friday (maybe this) at the middlesex / middle east / there is also a nice Irish bar in davis square. I actually do not get out much, so I may not be be the authority in cool bars. Pixel, if you want to I can bring my collection of Architrave's from UF for you to browse.

Apr 2, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

oh man. I can't do it this friday, because I've already got plans to be at the Publick House (speaking of cool, albeit pain-in-the-ass-to-get-to bars), but if that works for everyone, maybe I can just make it to the next one... as long as these start happening more frequently.

Apr 2, 07 9:43 pm  · 
 · 

Sorry I haven't been as attentive to this as I should.

Fridays are fine with me as they're the start of my weekend, doesn't matter which. I'm pretty open when it comes to bars, as long as they have either PBR or Highlife (which most places do). Are there any reviews in this weeks Dig that seem worth checking out? I brushed through the issue on my way down to RI this weekend but nothing really caught my eye. I'll check it out when I get home tonight if I remember.

Looks like the weather might really suck for the rest of the week so we might want to push it off.

Apr 2, 07 9:56 pm  · 
 · 

This Friday is Open House at the GSD, any archinectors coming?

Anytime you guys say (as long is Friday evening) should be fine with me.

Apr 3, 07 7:10 am  · 
 · 

+q: whats the story (time, etc.) with the open house? I'd be interested in coming to check it out as last time I was there I was in the basement and didn't get to see much work. maybe a post-open house archinect meetup?

Apr 3, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 

hmmm I am not sure but I think it starts at 9AM, I think a post-Open house meet up sounds good. If you are coming contact me.

q

Apr 3, 07 10:52 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

hmm. let me know what time you guys are thinking... I've already got plans, like I said, but if the time and place works out, I'd love to stop by briefly

Apr 3, 07 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

I'd be down to cruise by the GSD after work. I don't know if I can walk the 10 minutes down Cambridge St though....

Apr 3, 07 6:30 pm  · 
 · 

+q:
thanks for the hospitality on Friday.

all:
lets do this! this Friday I should be free post 5pm. Saturday I believe I'm free. Sunday is the Paris-Roubaix on TV and Monday is Marathon Monday so I'm booked with cycling-related stuff.

Apr 9, 07 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

After the love in here I thought I'd throw out the idea of a archinect event.

Anyone interested?

May 11, 07 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

Beer soon? Anyone?

May 17, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 

let's do it after finals, so after next week if possible

May 17, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

Next week sounds good to me.

May 18, 07 9:12 am  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Next week works for me

May 18, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

Any idea where or when exactly? I work in Newton Centre until 6pm, so I'm usually back in Boston around 6:40pm

May 18, 07 10:13 am  · 
 · 

LA NY and Chitown are having get togethers, where is Boston at?

Jun 8, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I'm right here! Let's do this. Publick House anyone? Or some place closer to town maybe?

Jun 8, 07 10:02 pm  · 
 · 

so, are we antisocial in Boston?

Jun 25, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

I hope not. Maybe we're just teetotalers, which I think might be worse. Someone prove me wrong.

Jun 25, 07 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

hey all you fancy festivity lovers...

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=61235_0_42_0_C

Jul 20, 07 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

bump....I know it's short notice but...Anyone interested? If so any ideas of when and where?

Sep 14, 07 12:32 pm  · 
 · 

alright, I'm bringing this back from the dead.

I'm sure there are a ton of new Boston people on here that I've never met so lets take care of that little problem!

locations? times?
post what works for you and lets see what we can make happen!

Nov 13, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

i picked a hell of a year to move to boston

red sox champions

patriots 9-0

bruins winning record

celtics have kg and winning record

revolution are in the playoffs

Name a time and place, and i'll be there Pixel.

Nov 14, 07 12:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: