Archinect
anchor

Official Boston Festivity Time!

Please tell me you're at work and thats why you're online.

Apr 15, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Ha, I'm actually waiting for my laundry to get done so i can put mah skirt on and enjoy the weather. But it's ok, I'm sitting on the porch in my pajamas. Ahhhh, Saturday. Although I am supposed to go to work today. bleh.

Apr 15, 06 3:06 pm  · 
 · 

Workin' on Saturdays ain't all its cracked up to be. Get out there and enjoy the day for those of us that can't (or at least need to wait till 7 till they can). Granted the ride in today was nice, but that was only 20 minutes.

PS- get a bike

Apr 15, 06 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

okay! bye! have fun in the model shop!

Apr 15, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Hey yo, I'll be there tonight. Coming over from finish line festivities @ 4pm, so I might be a tad late. See yous later!

(bump)

Apr 17, 06 9:26 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

hey. I'm gonna try to make it, but i depends on how soon I can get back to Boston. hope y'all have fun if I don't get there in time

Apr 17, 06 3:08 pm  · 
 · 

A very noble attempt was made by Myriam and myself to compensate for those who didn't show. I even had to switch from PBR to whiskey sours...

Apr 18, 06 9:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

what no pictures???

Apr 18, 06 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I'm the one pouring.

Apr 18, 06 7:55 pm  · 
 · 

They'll be picks next time around... its tough to get a group photo when the group is 2.

Apr 18, 06 8:06 pm  · 
 · 

They'll??? I'm calling myself out on that gramatical error because its horrendous.

Apr 18, 06 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Sorry, no pics of the fabulous festivities. I even had my camera! But I was just in a retarded mood. If I'd remembered the camera you'd have a pic of Pixel's ear lying in a bloody mess on the floor. It's a good thing he's a Listener.

It's a shame I didn't take a picture of the super cute bartendress for y'all.

I do have some cute pics of deadbeat post-marathoners, however. Poor zombies wrapped in aluminum foil.

Apr 18, 06 8:13 pm  · 
 · 

The bartendress wasn't that cute...

Myriam, don't you have some research to be doing, or working on a punchlist, or checking your email?

Apr 18, 06 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I have some moping to be doing.

annnnd... FINISHED THE PUNCHLIST, bitch!

Apr 18, 06 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

they'll be time to party when you get that cd done!!

Apr 18, 06 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Anyone else going to either one of these things at MassArt?

Apr 19, 06 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

I'd like to, but I'll be working...

Apr 19, 06 3:45 pm  · 
 · 

FOG Lite: do you know when the yearly fashion show is? Its gotta be coming up and I want to make sure I get tickets again. I looked on the MassArt website and haven't been able to find anything.

Apr 19, 06 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

It was right under my nose:

Spirit
MassArt Fashion Design 2006 Senior Collections
Friday, May 5, 2006
Reception 6:30 pm, Show: 7:30 pm
Cyclorama, Boston Center for the Arts
539 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02116

$25 per person (Advance purchase tickets will be held at the door.)
$125 VIP (VIP are advance purchase only. Includes special reception & reserved seating.)
For more information, please call: 617-879-7676

Apr 19, 06 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

There ya go, doubt I'll be able to make it into town for that one.

Apr 19, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 

raising this one from the dead like I was George Romero...

Jul 19, 06 9:26 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

oh man. this is good news. i fell asleep on my couch last night and missed out on a meet up with a couple professors. aww shucks

Jul 19, 06 9:51 am  · 
 · 
guiggster

I'll be in Boston from August on.

Jul 19, 06 11:48 am  · 
 · 

yeah, I figured it would be a good thing to have with all the new faces that will be coming to the city.

Jul 19, 06 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
Keef

Can't wait, I'll be there in August as well. Put up some red flags when this is going down.

Jul 19, 06 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

well then let's have it in august. i'm swamped and broke at the moment. let's welcome all these newbies in style when they come to town. like...charlie's kitchen style, ha ha.

Jul 19, 06 11:11 pm  · 
 · 

if we want style, we should head over to the Otherside Cafe: nothing beats a tallboy of Narragansett!

Jul 20, 06 9:48 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

and a grape chicken salad sandwich on sourdough

Jul 20, 06 10:01 am  · 
 · 

August is now upon us, so lets start things rolling because it will probably take a while to get all our ducks in a row/basket/whatever. Seems like Otherside would be a good place, which leads us to...

When are all the transplants arriving/starting classes?
When will Myriam be able to come out and play?
Who is gonna have a bike so I have someone to ride with?

Aug 1, 06 9:49 am  · 
 · 
myriam

I can come out and play! I'm free after this weekend. Probably still poor, but free, at least. I like the Otherside, but it's kind of dark. Very wintry but not so summery. Is there a more... happy, vibrant place to go?

Aug 1, 06 9:54 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

sounds like fun. i'm up for anywhere, but now i have a craving for a grape chicken salad sandwich on sourdough. man those are good.

i'm free most weeknights by 7pm.

Aug 1, 06 10:23 am  · 
 · 

How many bars are happy, vibrant places? Throw out some options because all the bars I go to are pretty wintery...

Aug 1, 06 10:35 am  · 
 · 
myriam

ha ha, good point... I love the Public House, which has my favorite brewery (Unibroue) on tap and also has excellent fries and some outdoor tables... There's also the Washington Square Tavern... those are both over by me in Brookline. In Cambridge, Miracle of Science is pretty fun and I hear good things about a couple other places in and around Central Square that I've never been to... I guess I wouldn't mind branching out to Cambridge, I never have a reason to go out there and I feel like I'm missing out!

Aug 1, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

y'all should go to shay's in harvard sq...one of the only
outdoor seating areas for a bar in boston...
although small.

there's also a good bar in newton heights? i believe..
accessible via the green line...a bc hangout that has
a large outdoor seating area and is nice in the summer.

the b-sides is nice if you're looking to branch out to cambridge
or the thirsty scholar...open windows and such.

there's a mexican food restaurant near/next to shay's
that has outdoor seating in a little garden...nice in the summer.

Aug 1, 06 12:22 pm  · 
 · 

Myriam: maybe once you brance out to cambridge you'll come visit somerville...

Aug 1, 06 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

I stay far away from Slummerville. I hear the mayor doesn't believe in doors.

Aug 1, 06 1:26 pm  · 
 · 

Leave Mayor Joe out of this! You're just jealous that... ummm.... yeah.

I have health insurance

Aug 1, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 

and I also have a bedroom door. it just took a couple months...

Aug 1, 06 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

you guys shoulda seen somerville when slummerville was really
that. davis was a pit...as was all of the three deckers in the area.
it's really come up in the past ten years. walking through central
square through neighborhoods to inman square was also an
adventure...(i know that's cambridge. but close enough)

Aug 1, 06 2:13 pm  · 
 · 

has this happened already? my wife and i are about to move in 2 weeks from the adobe pastiche capital of the world to the fair city of cambridge, would be nice to meet a few folks...

q

Aug 1, 06 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
Keef

I'll be moving in over labor day weekend (please god, let it not be sweltering). We are going to be living in Cambridgeport. I don't have any suggestions of places to go yet, so I'd love it if someone could show me around town!

Aug 1, 06 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Damn, there are a million places. Dudes we can always do it again when y'all get here after Labor Day. FLM and Pixel, and whoever else is around now, I'm gone this weekend but I'd love to do something next week. Watch this spot. :)

Aug 1, 06 4:25 pm  · 
 · 

myriam: you know how to find me

Aug 1, 06 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

oh man. i'm psyched. i've got my eyes set on you, where you is this thread.

Aug 1, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

man. it's just past noon and i need a beer and a grape chicken salad sandwich on sourdough with a slice of archinect... when/where is this shit going down?

Aug 7, 06 12:21 pm  · 
 · 

According to Myriam we should be doing something this week, which I'm all for. Just not sure if I have my night class this week or not (finals week, and I have no way of contacting the professor), so I may not be available Tues/Thurs depending. Now we have to start calling out the Boston people in the other threads saying "hey, we know you're in Boston, you're obligated to attend our next Boston meetup".

Aug 7, 06 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

sounds good. wednesday night would work great for me, but probably not thursday.

Aug 7, 06 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

wow, I'd love to meet up and hang out with other archies in Boston. This Wednesday night would be great. Nothing like a hangover whilst flying cross country.

Aug 7, 06 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Lars Larson....I was one of the first invaders of Sommerville....a block and and a half from the Wine Cask...

Aug 7, 06 5:48 pm  · 
 · 

100!

Aug 7, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: