Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

AP

I share the sentiments of SH, French et al...and I think ignoring threads that shouldn't exist is the way to go.

congrats e.

and the weather is beautiful in Jacksonville, FL too...

Mar 31, 06 10:38 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

true, these forums have taken a superfluous tone lately...but keep in mind that this is a very fluid forum and that it can change directions at any time.

ignore the silliness if you prefer, and feel free to write deeply insightful and compelling threads/responses. having said that, i'm going to continue to post my favorite and very serious picture of brutus "the barber" beefcake...cheers

Mar 31, 06 10:43 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Who doesn't like to talk about the weather? Cincy today is gorgeous, I mean it's grey but warm and rainy, the perfect temperature for a thunderstorm, and it smells gloriously like spring.

I seem to remember last year when all of the grad school stuff was in full force, people getting really distraught about the number of topics and the number of new people here for that purpose only. I agree with lb (as usual)....hang in there, they don't stick around forever.

I'd also suggest, to anyone in earshot, that perhaps in the magical *new* version of archinect, where we'll supposedly get these new page numbers at the top of the page, that we be able to sort by topic as well. Then at least when we show up we can just hit a button and (theoretically) all that crap goes away. Well, hopefully.

Speaking of work, I need to do some. Later....

PS. Chuck Norris jokes never get old.

Mar 31, 06 10:46 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

also...if you find the forum dis-satisfying then i'd recommend migrating over to the archinect news section...the editors here do a lovely job of keeping relevance in fashion there

Mar 31, 06 10:49 am  · 
 · 
e

thanks all. lb, several of those jobs have come through, and things are a bit crazy up hear in the northwest.

as i mentioned, the project is for elizabeth farnsworth. she started a non-profit company to produce documentary films on human rights struggles around the world. the first film is on augusto pinochet, the former dictator of chile. most of the filming is already done and looks very intersting. i think the timing of film is great. as you all may remember, chile just elected their first woman for president. yay for chile. michelle bachelet and her mother were tortured and her father was killed under pinochet's rule. her election serves as a bit of reckoning for the country.

as many of you know, my wife's father worked for the allende government and saw some of his friends and family being tortured and killed under pinochet. my in-laws fled the country with their 3 kids each with a suitcase. they moved to london, venezuela, and then to the states in the late 70s. my in-laws moved back to chile a number of years ago after they retired.

as you can see, this project is very important to me for many reasons. i will be designing the film company's logo and their web site that will tell the story of pinochet and the making of the documentary. it will also serve as a resource for all of the content that will not make it into the film

Mar 31, 06 10:53 am  · 
 · 
French

That's what I do puddles, there's just noone there to talk about it, except in teh comments but it doesn't feel the same.
Oh well, as yall suggest, I shall wait for better times...
Cheers

Mar 31, 06 10:54 am  · 
 · 
FRO
Mar 31, 06 11:37 am  · 
 · 

talk about a threadbare...

and don't miss today's first post here
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=19217_100_42_0

Mar 31, 06 11:57 am  · 
 · 
myriam

true, wonderK, chuck norris never gets old! ...literally

Mar 31, 06 12:01 pm  · 
 · 

^^
"Mom, I'm leaving! You promised some really good early Venturi and Gehry architecture, and not this baby shit."

Mar 31, 06 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

if you get bored with discussions, check other parts of archinect too. ie;

Mar 31, 06 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

is that woman trying to pet that kid? this is freaky man...

Mar 31, 06 12:47 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

he's er' husband. i don't think he is a kid.

Mar 31, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Ha ha ha, brad pitt is an editor of archinect?! woohoo!

Mar 31, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

If anyone wants to try to debunk the theory that "vindpust" is in fact, Per Corell, I submit to you the following thread:

spelling and comprehension

Mar 31, 06 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

I read on one thread once someone saying that vindpust and Per are impostors anyway.

With all those obviously mis-spelled words and bad syntax I think so too. He is too annoying to be for real.

Mar 31, 06 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
aml

abra, is that you among the editors? am i the last to notice this?

Mar 31, 06 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

What is going on with archinect? seriously. I'm not working so I'm not checking every 5 minutes, but still! It feels like the forum has gotten out of hand.

On a hypocritical point, I posted a thread entitled "What I like about Male Architects (Male Only)" in a humorous response to the female only version, and it's now been removed by admin! That my thread was removed isn't as surprising as that there are like 5 other "What I like about [gender] architects ([gender] only)". So why was I singled out?

Mar 31, 06 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

abra! i missed you, brad blinded me! well-done!

Mar 31, 06 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
AP

surely it has something to do with that new member of the editorial team...already starting trouble...

Mar 31, 06 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Trouble? That starts with T that rhymes with P and that stands for POOL!

THAT STANDS FOR POOL!

Yes we've got trouble, right here in rivercity.

Mar 31, 06 3:05 pm  · 
 · 

i am old news already.

Mar 31, 06 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

How could it have been removed? WTF? I looked at it and chuckled. Nothing offensive. Well, besides the fact that the first ones were annoying to begin with.

Ok, alright, fess up, what's going on? Has archinect been taken over by the Dark Side?

Mar 31, 06 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

yes, and it is called soulikeit

Mar 31, 06 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

on the other hand, I think that "Try Google" is doing some noble work out there. And if anyone's willing to 'fess up that it's them, I'd love to be in on the joke for once (I never, ever know who these people are).

Mar 31, 06 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i am tired of all posts that are not in someway related to me...

Mar 31, 06 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
e

i think we need a vado central.

Mar 31, 06 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I thought that was called "archinect?"

Mar 31, 06 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Seriously guys, why was my thread removed? and what has taken over archinect?

Mar 31, 06 9:13 pm  · 
 · 

i think brad was uncomfortable with the implied gay theme of your post. he's got a publicist and an agent to keep happy, you know.

Mar 31, 06 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Man, and i used to say I would only have gay sex with Brad Pitt and David Bowie...screw it, it's only Ziggie now...

Mar 31, 06 9:26 pm  · 
 · 

"i've come on a few years from my hollywood highs
the best of the last, the cleanest star they ever had
i'm stiff on my legend, the films that I made
forget that I'm fifty cause you just got paid"

bowie channeling brad?

Mar 31, 06 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

love is careless in its choosing
sweeping over across a baby
love descends on those defenseless
idiot love will spark the fusion...

Mar 31, 06 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Who's that hiding in the apple tree, clinging to a branch
Don't be afraid it's only me, hoping for a little romance
If you lie beneath my shade, I'll keep you nice and cool

Let the wind blow through your hair, be nice to the big blue sea
Don't be afraid of the man in the moon, because it's only me
I shall always watch you until my love runs dry

Mar 31, 06 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
AP

for some reason, it now feels appopriate to mention Weather Report...plus, after hukah and tucher, I'm tipsy,,,so appropriate or not...

Mar 31, 06 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

okay i went deep into the archives and retrieved the thread with what i think are my first posts. observe the optimism...http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=P13533_0_42_0_C

Apr 1, 06 9:35 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

sorry...[url=http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=P13533_0_42_0_C[/url]

Apr 1, 06 9:37 am  · 
 · 

^^ i just bongd it.

Apr 1, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
adso

Makes me want to start bumping more substantitive threads to the front in order to crowd out the crud from the past week, although it might lead to the reappearance of Fancy Gr- err, I mean the Thread That Must Not Be Named.

Apr 1, 06 11:23 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i need a favor;
i don't think i'll be here when tc reaches to 901 post. can one of you guys post a picture of your choice honoring american landscape architecture?
thank you in advance...

Apr 1, 06 11:48 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i mean i have a meeting.

Apr 1, 06 11:49 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

vado, I hardly believe it. Are you sure that was you presenting those polite, substantial, and serious arguments?! Not to mention a few of your comments were not only more than one sentence but even more than one paragraph!!! Ha, I'm kidding you sweetie. Very funny, and bizarre. And you know I think you tend to say more in one sentence than a lot of us say in three paragraphs.

But jeepers what a nice intelligent discussion overall, huh?

Oh and I'll go on the record saying that vado definitely owns less crap than anyone I know, that's for sure.

Apr 1, 06 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

You mean he threw out those back issues of Dwell?

Apr 1, 06 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

today i woke up about eight thirty. made some coffee. typed an email or two. posted here watched "ashes and diamonds" ate a bagel with french marmalade. started to read about art theft. fell asleep woke up three hours later. just ate some ice cream and typed this...
perhaps i will start a magazine. the magazine will be called "dull". i will be the star... between the ads for hummers(im talking about the vehicle) there will be long dry articles about me...maybe not...

Apr 1, 06 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
Wishful Thinking

might be a better title.

Apr 1, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

eya i am back. brad pitt read my script abracadabra, faia. they are starting to shoot next week. pretty fast. noise from the freeway will be the continuous background music...

i figured the american landscape honoree. olmstead all the way.
sad news a beautiful runaway cayote died today in the park.
i am going home to pick up tina and go to eat some tacos at galliagos deli-mar vista.
summoned to be a jury service starting in june. right when i was planning to go to izmir. they didn't buy my financial hardship claim which is so truely true.
they say self employment is no excuse. maybe i'll act crazy when i get there and flash my tee shirt that says "justice system sucks". seriously...do nasty divorce cases go to the jury? now that would be a nice jury duty. pre nuptial sex and financial betreyal and who keeps the 'rosebud' for whatever it is... they have to be done something really hideous or gnarly to get a guilty decision from me. but whatever it is, i really like to be the tie braker i hope.
i got to get into jury frame of mind...

Apr 1, 06 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My two ploys to get out of jury duty:

1. Say that you will absolutely believe that anything a police officer says is the truth merely because s/he is a police officer
2. Say you are absolutely opposed to the death penalty (only works in death penalty cases)

Neither of these opinions helped, nor did the fact that I was 7 months pregnant and had a vacation planned in two weeks, when I was selected to sit on a 3-week civil wrongful death case. Possibly the worst 3 weeks of my life, dammit.

Good luck getting out of it abra. I think serving on juries is an important and in fact a required aspect of our life in the American justice syste, however, I don't want you to miss your trip!!

Apr 1, 06 7:08 pm  · 
 · 

yeah. thanks. tina's lawyer says the best way to get out jury duty is the throw the initial summons away and never think about it again... go figure. it is true and i've done it before.
anyway, it should be interesting and i hope i get a beverly hills madam type of case and boy, all the juicy details are revealed in abracadabra faia's upcoming advantures...

Apr 1, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Whoa, Orhan is abra? I mean, uh, I didn't see anything, I swear......

And yes, I'll take the bottom of this page, thank you. Please sir may I have another!!!!

Apr 1, 06 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

central park, ny,1912

Apr 1, 06 7:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: