Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

treekiller

SW - did the prybar puncture the skin??? you'll have to wait a few to find out if your jaw is locked... typically deep puncture wounds are at risk for tetanus...
So what do you ride that we need to match your aspired 'stache to?

I'm partial to the bottom right 'burns - oh my - that's the luke perry 90210!!!! guess I'll have to resort to my alternate - the hobo second row right.

Jun 18, 07 12:24 pm  · 
 · 

my bf is now a 'square', and I like that much better than the 'guy fawkes'(? did I get that right? some of those are hard to read...)

Jun 18, 07 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i rock the "hobo" with a touch of "soulpatch." i love not having to touch a razor to my face...

Jun 18, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yeah, it's a pretty useful guide. It's a Threadless t-shirt, you can find it here. I found it a while back when some of the guys were talking about facial hair. I believe Pixelwhore may be approaching a "Grizzly" if that picture of him on the other thread is recent.

"The Virgin" is pretty funny.

Jun 18, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

the ride and the 'stache will come together, part of my life change to which i alluded above. all those guys have a lot more hair than i do - i'm sporting a short-cropped fuzz head - so i'm not sure how to judge the facial growth with relation to hair. also i'm clean shaven as of today, so i'm starting from scratch.

the prybar did break the skin, but not a puncture. all appears to be a-ok except for the big old bruise and the fact that my shoes hurt. i shoulda worn flip flops today.

Jun 18, 07 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

gotta thunderstorm- I'll be back soon :D

Jun 18, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

make sure you get a wifebeater shirt. steven

Jun 18, 07 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sketchy ass bar food from party at pool hall last night is getting the better of me...

Jun 18, 07 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

wearing one today, as a matter of fact.

Jun 18, 07 1:08 pm  · 
 · 

Strawbeary it is a holiday (at least here it is) its the QB - Queen's Birthday

Jun 18, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I don't think they celebrate that in Colorado.

Jun 18, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 

Actually I'm wearing a wife-beater today! Black though, not one of those shady-ass see-through ones.

Jun 18, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

is it cool to wear a wifebeater t-shirt and a leather jacket? Even if riding a motorcycle - obviously an Indian or Harley

Jun 18, 07 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

Has anyone heard that the pink dolphin is functionally exinct. Its really sad because I never knew there was a pink dolphin to begin with. Worse that it looks like crap from a long passed era

Jun 18, 07 1:29 pm  · 
 · 

okay I'm heading to the beach - too fricking hot.

Jun 18, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

i'm wearing one of the shady-ass see-through ones. under my cuban-style "guayabera" shirt.

i'm probably kidding myself. i really probably couldn't pull off much more than a euro-style scooter.

Jun 18, 07 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you need a scar!

Jun 18, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I test drove a smart car on saturday- wheeee! very eurotrash/eurochiche. the only appropriate facial hair for diving that micro-car seems to be the hobo (again)... to wear a lumberjack or grizzly is too much. and the don quixote isn't an option and a guy fawkes is just too pretentious.

Jun 18, 07 2:02 pm  · 
 · 

I used properties to find the source image and opened it up in a new window so I could see it at a larger size.

Jun 18, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 

whoa I just noticed the facial hair on the model changes everytime you click the image

Jun 18, 07 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I also posted Facial Hair Club for Men link above! Go check it out!

Re: scars, one of the first times I ever talked to SuperHeavy we were both getting coffee in the kitchen at work. He had a big bandaid on his nose. I said, "what did you do to yourself?" and he said that a glass shelf in his medicine cabinet had fallen on his face one morning. I don't know why this sparked a very in-depth conversation but it did, and we eventually talked about all sorts of things, including his motorcycle. I told him that he should tell people that he hurt his nose in motorcycle accident. The next person to walk into the room was another friend of mine, and she looked at SH and said, "what did you do to yourself?" and he didn't miss a beat, "I had a motorcycle accident". I had to look away to keep from laughing.

SuperHeavy, BTW, pulled off a Grizzly quite well, surprising for his small frame. I'm just saying.

Jun 18, 07 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

[more blatant self promotion]

i just got some awesome news... i wrote an abstract a few months ago for a paper/presentation to be included at a conference and i just received an email saying that it has been accepted and i've been invited to give an oral presentation on the topic at the conference... it is for the International Federation of Housing and Planning World Congress in Copenhagen at the end of September... now i actually have to write the full paper between now and august 1st... and then put together an oral presentation for the conference... i'm freaking out... so much so that i feel a little sick to my stomach...

[/blatant self promotion]

Jun 18, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
AP

congrats phil! are they flying you out there?

Jun 18, 07 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

copenhagen? wow. oral presentation? wowsers double time.

Jun 18, 07 3:05 pm  · 
 · 

thanks... unfortunately the trip isn't paid for... but i do get a discount on registering for the conference... not that that puts a dent into the expense... it will be a very expensive line on my resume... but i think it will be worth it (especially for my phd applications)... plus i've been wanting to take a trip to scandinavia anyways...

Jun 18, 07 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
AP

the weather should still be nice when you're there...sounds like it's worth the expense to me...the list of awesome things to see and do is endless...

Jun 18, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
KEG

wow, congrats architphil! very very exciting!!!

you'd think they'd comp the reg. fee...no?

Jun 18, 07 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, but at least the trip's a tax writeoff, right? And will be an amazing experience. I say GO! DO IT!

Jun 18, 07 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow, very exciting! Congrats! Where are you coming from, phil?

Jun 18, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

SAY HELLO TO PER FOR ME!!!

Jun 18, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 

great news phil

Jun 18, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
AP

phil is coming from the FLA. long trip, most likely via JFK...maybe something like: Tampa's Airport - JFK - LHR - Copenhagen...

they should def. comp the cost of the conference...i bet if you ask nicely enough they will.

Jun 18, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i wonder if per will be at the conference presenting 3DH as the future of residential construction!?!

Jun 18, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the future is now.

Jun 18, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 

i hadn't even thought about the per / denmark connection... scary...

as AP said, i'll be making the trek from tampa to copenhagen... it looks like the cheapest flight goes tampa>chicago>copenhagen right now... other options go through atlanta, nyc, and a few others... anyways, we'll see how it works out...

if anyone has some suggestions on what to see in copenhagen please let me know (no i haven't searched yet)... i'll worry about that as the time gets closer...

continue your regularly scheduled TC programming...

Jun 18, 07 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

(...Vado's SCABS post gets a great write-up over at UnBiege. Nice.)

Jun 18, 07 5:13 pm  · 
 · 

wow, vado's a star!!!

i can't decide whether to ask for his autograph or tell him his writing about architecture sucks.

Jun 18, 07 5:37 pm  · 
 · 

whoa! Vado is multi-platform

Jun 18, 07 6:15 pm  · 
 · 

architphil, i have just got back from an office excursion to copenhagen, we had a fairly packed schedule to see lots of jacobsen, utzon etc. i will put up on my flickr page the photos in the next few days. there is ALOT of stuff worth seeing, this was my second time there and i found seeing the early modern stuff more interesting than the contemporary...

Jun 18, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

mom will be so proud!

Jun 18, 07 8:34 pm  · 
 · 

this is some bullsh@t

I'm watching the closer season premire | they are investigating the murder of some family | they go into the room of the 17 yo boy | and there is a &%@#% Le Corbusier chaise lounge in his &%@#% room!

I just wanted to express my jealous, because I didn't have one at 17 nor now at 30; albeit I would

Jun 18, 07 9:09 pm  · 
 · 

to make it worse - they live in a mcmansion

Jun 18, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

hey architechno....have you checked your mail lately?

Jun 18, 07 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i 2nd p2an's comment - the early modern work is not only more interesting to see, but ultimately more useful to be familiar with...

phil, how long will you be there?

Jun 18, 07 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

ooh...oh arne, yes!...aah...

Jun 18, 07 10:35 pm  · 
 · 

hey wk, we've been on a long weekend, i'll keep my fingers crossed and check tomorrow.

Jun 18, 07 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

T minus nine work days and counting. I have a feeling this will be the longest two weeks of my life.

In better news, my spring quarter is finally done. This was a rough one, but luckily almost all my classes were graded on a Pass/Fail basis (not my decision; it's school policy for those particular courses). This week I need to get my resume, cover letter, and portfolio updated. Next week will be spent packing all my worldly belongings into cardboard boxes.

Jun 19, 07 9:25 am  · 
 · 

LB, I just found this: [imghttp://www.comicsarchives.org/LibertyBelle1.jpg width=400[/img]

Jun 19, 07 9:37 am  · 
 · 

You are a super hero!

Jun 19, 07 9:37 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

So I just applied for a job. It was that easy, I just decided to do it this morning, and I did. I may not have to work for Dumb and Dumber any more! I think they will be SHOCKED if I leave!

Jun 19, 07 10:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: