Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

snooker

de cap rio...was filming in my neighborhoor this week....had to have a shot in the train station....might see it at Christmas...like if I care..but alot of women showed up to check him out....I'm more into p. cruz!

Jun 16, 07 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

cary grant??? try don knotts...

Jun 16, 07 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
aml

puddles weren't you supposed to be played by jackie chan [chen?]

so you're lindsay lohan and i'm johnny depp? do you want to confuse people?

thanks for the hotness though. i dig depp.

Jun 16, 07 11:04 pm  · 
 · 

ohhhh my. Archinet's funny drunk. I thought that Evangelical Bunny was back, because I saw a topic called "Bless This Topic."

Then I clicked in and it was just "Best Thesis Topic." Very dissapppointed.

Jun 16, 07 11:09 pm  · 
 · 

I'm cute and cuddly (and smell good too tumbles)

Jun 17, 07 12:38 am  · 
 · 
aml

hi secretary of affairs! [i'm doing the facebook thing]

Jun 17, 07 2:26 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Holy shit, 110 already. Here we go:

Not only is this subway station located in my new home neighborhood in NYC, the "Cathedral" in Cathedral Parkway refer to the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, which happens to be my home church in NYC.

Jun 17, 07 3:44 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Kate Winslet will play me. I have been told that I look like her and I'm fine with this because she is bee-u-tee-ful and I love her.

tumbles, who will play you? architechno, I think in all reality I think that Taye Diggs should play you. Speaking of gorgeous.....

mdler I would agree that you bear a passing resemblance to Peter Saarsgard. This is consistent with the fact that we all saw his package in "Kinsey" and we come close to seeing your package regularly.

Jun 17, 07 3:53 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

sunday morning clarity informs ne that björk should play the role of puddles and that mathew barney should direct that whole thing

Jun 17, 07 7:15 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Hi everyone - just catching up on TC and miss you all. Steven, I especially miss you because GSA officially starts - we meet the students and parents - in 2.5 hours and I am NERVOUS!! You handled the worried parents with such grace last year, and you were so skilled at slowing down my hyper rambling chatter and telling the students the most basic aspect of what we were trying to teach them...I'm sure it will go fine but the energy will be very different. My co-teacher Jeff is fantastic, of course, and we will definitely have fun. (It's also 20 students this year, last year was 12, so I'm a bit owrried about the scale.)

AP thanks for the Ms. Chia updates. I also vote Taye Diggs for architechno too - he's hot. Brad Pitt can play me if I get to work intensively and personally with him on body language/facial gesture/attitude. And costumes - I get to dress him myself.

I'll have internet in my dorm room in two days, so I'll be able to check in on occasion.

Jun 17, 07 9:50 am  · 
 · 
n_

We can have an eight year old boy play me.

He'll have my same hair and chest size.

Jun 17, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

puddles - People do occasionally tell me that I look like Hepburn, although we are different races so I'm not sure why. I more commonly get told that I look like Björk. So maybe we can be cast as each other.

Jun 17, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

to match my hairy bod, you'd have to time warp burt reynolds in from the '70s.... just shave that damn mustache!

LB- good luck and have fun playing professor!

Jun 17, 07 1:13 pm  · 
 · 

ok, in reality I'm more of a Kate Winslet than a Cate Blanchett, but a girl can dream, right?

Jun 17, 07 1:37 pm  · 
 · 

I can live with Taye Diggs playing me. As long as he doesn't try that awful Jamaican accent he tried in how Stella got her Groove (back)...I'm still trying to recover my ears from that.

Jun 17, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

bjork is hot. Granted I could be blinded by her beautiful music.

Jun 17, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 

first bjork now tori amos, I'm in Lilleth Fair heaven. Anyone looks like Sarah Mclachlan by chance to round out the archinect movie?

Jun 17, 07 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
the week of the chia
Jun 17, 07 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

deleted scene from Archinect: The Movie...

mdler: what is it? what do you see?
n_: i see... i see dead architects.
mdler: no, that's just vado. he's craggy.
n: you're scaring me, mister.

Jun 17, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

hmm that looks like Paul talking to Vado, "I see big floating green heads"

Jun 17, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Brilliant, Vado.

Yea, definately the same bust size.

Jun 17, 07 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
jones

wilco streaming bonnaroo live now here
http://blueroom.att.com/mainstage/index.php

Jun 17, 07 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

they havent brought out the macrame yet!

Jun 17, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm not sure where i heard this (because heaven knows itks not the kind of thing i'd make up) but for the past couple of days i have been chewing on the concept of "voodoo dildos"...does anybody have experience with these? or am i a bit daft?

Jun 17, 07 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

do you poke the doll with them or what?

Jun 17, 07 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
jones

no macrame. All of those diff. camera angles and closeups were cool tho. Nels Cline reminds me of someone....Pat Metheny (sp?) maybe? He had some seriously funny faces. His hands look like they're about a foot long.

Jun 17, 07 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

he has a giant head. i watched it until kidsmoke when i had to leave. i think the set was the same until that point.

Jun 17, 07 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
Jun 17, 07 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
jones
http://voodoodoughnut.com/
Jun 17, 07 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

get back to the top tc.

Jun 18, 07 8:41 am  · 
 · 
n_

Vado - I think I may have to present to the City of Fishers on Thursday. How about you sit in the crowd with a big poster that reads "n_'s Architecture Rules! Down with Red Brick!"?

Jun 18, 07 8:53 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

half of my 401k is in red brick stock!

Jun 18, 07 9:19 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm so tired today. I have so much work to do, too. Have I mentioned that I started my countdown, much like LIG and rationalist already have? 28 days of work left, officially. More time yet until I leave but I plan to enjoy nearly all of that, so that's OK.

Jun 18, 07 10:00 am  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

10 business days left here at my end.

Jun 18, 07 10:05 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

moving in 2 weeks.

!!!!

Jun 18, 07 10:21 am  · 
 · 

everybody's making big life changes! i want one too! maybe i'll grow a mustache, get some leather pants and buy a motorcycle.

Jun 18, 07 10:26 am  · 
 · 
thirteen weeks

left!!!!

Jun 18, 07 10:27 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

It's not a holiday is it? No one has shown up for work yet. The office opened an hour ago...

Jun 18, 07 10:38 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

got a job offer!!!! Now I have the opportunity to make $500 more a year doing stuff that may be interesting and is probably worth putting in my portfolio...

I'm heading back to that firm this afternoon for a tour and to discuss the benefits...

Jun 18, 07 10:45 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

yeah tk!

I almost died again this weekend. Got myself stuck in some high alpine tundra with no apparent way down. I bawled, hung out with some mountain goats, bahhh, and thought about how THEY would get down. Eventually decided that navigating the 80% slope boulder field with some vegation to grab onto was how the goats would do it. Rather than sliding down 300 feet on my ass over a steep snow field, possibly only to end up in a hidden lake. Next time I will take someone who actually knows what they are doing when I decide to hike a huge mountain. But it was fun! and the scenery was great!

Jun 18, 07 10:52 am  · 
 · 
AP

speaking of big life changes...

Monday, June 18 - moderatly coated

when i arrived to the office this morning, Ms. Chia-turtle was sitting calmly by the the window, enjoying her view toward Brooklyn and the Bridge. She was happy to report that although she got a bit dry over the weekend, she was able to sprout a nice even coat of green. Prior to my arrival this morning, aforementioned shaman of the studio (the older guy that details everything) soothed her by poaring a cup of life juice (water) into her hole.

so, yes Strawbeary, today is a holiday...on the seventh day, the Chia-turtle rose from the barren clay to shine her heavenly light on all of lower manhattan. heretoforth this day, the 3rd Monday of June, shall be known as "Dia de los Tortuga de Luce."

Jun 18, 07 10:56 am  · 
 · 
AP

congrats on the job offer tk, and to straw for overcoming the mountain!

Jun 18, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

help mr. wizard!

Jun 18, 07 10:59 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

A few people decided to show up for work this morning. No sign of either of the principals yet. No appointments on their calendars either... What slackers.

I thought maybe the holiday was Dia de los Margaritas in the Manana.

Jun 18, 07 11:10 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

congrats tk! and Strawbeary....stop getting yourself into predicaments like that and making us worry! Where was Mr. Beary?

Steven, if you plan to grow a 'stache, please do it tastefully. Please consult the following chart:

Furthermore, I am happy to report that by helping out liberty bell next week, I believe I will be unable to travel for work as they wanted me to - yippee! Thanks lb!

Jun 18, 07 11:31 am  · 
 · 

Wow, glad it turned out ok Strawbeary!!!

And TK, was this the firm we talked about? Congratulations, I hope many eco-villages and/or vertical farms are in your future. It does sound like a great opportunity, esp. if they would hire a licensed 'scaper so that you could get your last year of credit in.

I am happy to report that despite the best efforts of one Crystal Light, I have managed over the past two months to lose the weight which I had gained in the previous year! Hopefully I can regress another six months or so by the time I move.

Jun 18, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

straw- I had a similar tk versus the mountain episode back in grad school. we were on a field trip in the to Hawk Mountain, PA and camping overnight. our cars were parked a mile down the road from the trail to the campsite and between them was the Appalachian Trail... well, mr. tk thought that the AT connected to where our camp was and decided to take it as a 'shortcut' back to camp... but alas, after about 30 minutes of hiking (i'm crazy) I realized that I wasn't where I wanted to be. yes it was pretty, but it was early evening at this point. so instead of turning back, I kept pressing on thinking that I would get back to the road quicker by not turning around... So just as the sun is setting, I get back to the top of Hawk Mountain at a different spot then where we'd been earlier (after an 8 mile detour) when we had climbed earlier that day via the main trail... well the ridge trail wasn't clearly blazed and not in high use (lots of cobwebs and branches strewn about), but there wasn't a choice at that point... I should add that I was carrying a gallon of water, some food, and a wind breaker... But the sign pointed me back to where I needed to be, but with the fading light, I started to worry and then started to holler...

Finally got back to the main trail in one piece, and met some nice folks with a pickup who drove me down to the camp site... my classmates were starting to freak (it was dark and I'd been gone for about 3 hours when I should have been back in 20 minutes). If I hadn't made it back down, one of my classmate's dog was trained in wilderness search and rescue, so I could have relied on olie finding me.

needless to say, I've avoided the AT since then.

Jun 18, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 

which one is most tasteful, wk? and why don't those guys have noses?

top row, fourth from the left, and the second one in the third row would suggest different kinds of motorcycles. you know, cuz i want them to be complementary: you can't have a ducati mustache and ride a harley, or vice versa.

Jun 18, 07 11:52 am  · 
 · 

glad everyone's ok after mountain climbing and job searches.

i'm slightly injured this morning. dropped a pry bar on my foot last night and spent an hour or so researching the symptoms of tetanus. satisfied that i'm ok as far as tetanus goes, but it sure is tender. ouch!!!

Jun 18, 07 11:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: