Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

****melt

Hi TC!

@ Rfuller - I've been busy so please excuse my lateness. Congrats on finishing your undergrad.

@ Nam - Wow, 4 mile runs. Impressive. Wish I had the knees for it.

Dec 7, 07 8:13 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

hmmm, Ms Bushbeary, I like that.

Yes rationalist, I "met" your parents too. And a boyfriend? We drank wine and had dinner. You were shorter than I expected.

Dec 7, 07 11:25 am  · 
 · 

ugh, your dream's full of shit. No boyfriend, in such a big way right now. I've decided that over winter break I'm going to try and be one of those people that meets people at the gym. Because I need to go to the gym anyway, and I haven't managed to meet attractive single men anywhere else, it seems like as good a place as any. OK, so I don't really want a boyfriend either, just someone shaggable and/or nice to date.

wierd about the shortness though. I'm medium height for a woman. Lots of people taller, but lots of people shorter too, especially since I seem to live in an outpost of Japan now.

Dec 7, 07 11:34 am  · 
 · 

I think President Bush is Strawbeary...the only person I know whose recently unemployed.

Dec 7, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 

has anyone seen this (turn the volume down if you are at work)

Dec 7, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

That's pretty good Techno. I'm really digging the soundtrack.

Dec 7, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I only know one person who's ever successfully met someone at the gym. And even then it was entirely predicated on sex and nothing else.

Dec 7, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

damnit its friday (beer drinking time) - what's with the use of such big words like predicated

Dec 7, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

architechnophilia is a bigger word than predicated. Care to explain yourself?

Dec 7, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

rfuller I feel like I said congrats but I can't find any proof of that so....congrats! And good job nam on the 4 mile runs!

I am having a skinny day today, probably for the wrong reasons. I've had a few anxiety attacks this week and those seem to keep my heart rate up. Feel another one coming on right now. Yippee skippy.

You ever just get that sinking feeling in your stomach when you think someone is going to cause you trouble? And not the fun kind either.......yeah, I've got that going on right now too. :o(

Dec 7, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I have a splitting headache... Probably something to do with the fact that my current task involves writing a book report about the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code. I can feel my brain melting and oozing out of my left nostril. Or maybe that's just my cold, but I doubt it.

I hope my next assignment somehow involves colored pencils.

Dec 7, 07 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

mana, if you noticed the description of what i hoped to find at the gym, you'd notice that that fits well under the heading of "someone shaggable and/or nice to date."

Congrats rfuller! Seems odd to be done in the middle of December. How'd that happen?

Dec 7, 07 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

@ DubK - deep breaths, you're almost for the semester. Hope that sinking feeling doesn't doesn't come to anything. Just hang in there, okay?

@ Gin - I totally feel ya. My brain felt as though it had turned to mush earlier this week. Today was a rather stupid day @ work. The company holiday party this evening, so nobody really felt like working or worked for the most part after lunch. Too bad b/c some of us have a deadline on Tuesday with lots of work still to do. Enough of that... time to go primp for the party.

Dec 7, 07 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

yeah, but of all the people I've known who've tried that, only one was successful.

Dec 7, 07 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
emaze

wait, i think i just got manamana's name. sometimes i'm a little slow...(sorry if mistaken)

Dec 7, 07 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

but not the cake version. blech. originalall the way.

and for some reason they're spelling it different now than they did on the 80's videocassette I had.

Dec 7, 07 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

well, I say original but it's really not. but it should be.

http://www.geocities.com/pieroumiliani/

Dec 7, 07 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

there's a cake version?! lame.

but, makes me think i'm gonna make cake this weekend.

cake, and homemade gingerbread w/ lemon sauce drizzled on while warm. mmm!

Dec 7, 07 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

my daughters love that skit. i always here animal skatting away in my head when i read your name manamana. funny how music gets insinuated into the brain that way.

Dec 8, 07 12:21 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Wow. I am INTOXICATED..... manamana, wha?

Cake sounds good. Ice cream sounds better. Off to do that now.

Dec 8, 07 5:17 am  · 
 · 

i, since i have kids and buy kids music discs these days, really like the cake version of mahna mahna. it's well done, not a straight cop but with some nice texture changes and instrumentation changes along the way. and i think it's fun that you can get their version of mahna mahna and their version of war pigs on the same cd now. (thanks, lb!) now i want that italian version, though.

Dec 8, 07 7:15 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

OK speaking of CD's, my current swap mix is ready to be burned - a tchecno, I'm sending you an email to ee if I'm mailing to your current address or the new house!

I critted yesterday for Wil Marquez of Ball State, the review was in Indy at a downtown firm. The reviews were very fun, urban design project so there were neighbors invited so it made for a great mix of people. I'm not sure the students received the best architectural critique of their projects, but they did generate good discussions. And, the projects were more massing and street-level issues than straight up design.

Monday I crit for Wes Janz whose students did the AFH competition - I'm really looking forward to it. It's so great to be able to talk architecture with people not only on the internet!

I'm rather overcommitted these days, right up through Christmas.

Dec 8, 07 8:13 am  · 
 · 

i'm actually falling behind on the swap cd this time. maybe i'll spend some time with that today...

Dec 8, 07 8:29 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

you can talk architecture with me. in person :(

Dec 8, 07 10:34 am  · 
 · 
****melt

Mmmmmmm, cake. Jeez. it's almost 1pm and I'm still hanging out in bed. Guess that's what happens when when you get home at a late hour. It's been a stressful week (emotionally) and I haven't been sleeping well. Perhaps my body just needed some extra shut eye. In any case, time to start the day.

Dec 8, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

HOLA! we're going for walk...

Dec 8, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Cute "kids" Orhan. What are their names? I've been wanting a Boston Terrier for a while, but I think my cats would revolt.

Dec 8, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Oh look I did drunk post on TC last night. Good to know.

Dec 8, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 

thats rupert da bear aka rupi on the left and his sister daisy who had a stroke last june and couldn't move or stand up for about six weeks but miraculously recovered with the well wishings of her friends at TC and now she can walk, run, pee and poo and fart and eat and chase the fuckin' squarrel and manny the possom without any assistance with her funny limping ways. in the picture she is smiling.
boston terriers are very close to human beans...

Dec 8, 07 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My husband has decided our next dog should be a pug. I remember reading a spoof review of "Know Your Pug" on amazon once in which the author wrote something like: "It is shocking how closely the face of the pug resembles the rear end. My children have recently taken to attaching a surprisingly realistic-looking set of fake ears above our pug's hindquarters, which gave us both quite a scare recently when I attempted to put a cheese rind in what I thought was the dog's mouth."

Got our tree decorated tonight, yahoo for eggnog!

Dec 8, 07 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Reminds me of an insult I once read somewhere: "If my dog had a face as ugly as yours, I'd shave its ass and make it walk backwards."

Dec 8, 07 9:13 pm  · 
 · 

daisy's sense of humor.

Dec 8, 07 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

watch out for pure bred pugs, the health issues are really tough.

Dec 8, 07 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Love the photos Orhan

Okay so now I'm in the mood to share. Here are photos of my "kids"

[image]http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v162/125/15/597699079/n597699079_325039_8846.jpg[/img]
Beaker

Leelloo

Scamper aka "Meemers"

Dec 8, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Oops. Let's try this one again.

Beaker. He seems to be the rock star of the bunch. For whatever reason everyone seems to love him. 16lbs of pure dumb "attention whore". I've never met a needier cat in my life.

Dec 8, 07 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Just saw No Country For Old Men. Excellent.

Dec 8, 07 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

leeloo dallas multipass?

Dec 9, 07 12:18 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

very early morning. doing laundry at 5 a.m. drinkin coffee listenin to vermont public radio's classical stream. ahhh the exciting life of a bachelor.

Dec 9, 07 5:31 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Well I haven't gone to bed yet and don't plan on it for a while. I'm sticking with Pandora in my timezone though. I need to stay awake.....

Dec 9, 07 5:37 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

why do you need to stay awake. are you afraid of being replaced by a pod?

Dec 9, 07 6:16 am  · 
 · 

haha. having seen your responses this a.m. (or last night), vado, it seems you're feeling a little feisty. not that your answers aren't very smart - they are - but feisty, nonetheless.

Dec 9, 07 7:28 am  · 
 · 

and, while i refuse to say so in THAT thread,
congrats o.f. and sdr, you've turned the 3dh competition thread into something where i might actually learn something!

and with some very simple and elegant sketches by sdr. wonderful!

Dec 9, 07 7:35 am  · 
 · 

Who needs sleep anyway? It's overrated.

Dec 9, 07 7:46 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

today is the grand opening of the new central library here. its about five blocks from my crib. lawrence cheek who is the archi critic from the seattle post modern intelligencer appears to like it very much. i will check it out after coming back from the suburbs where we are having a "holiday" party in the daytime on a sunday so i guess every one can bring their germ laden children.

Dec 9, 07 7:49 am  · 
 · 
****melt

@ manamana - no Leelloo of the Fifth Element.

Dec 9, 07 8:31 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I assume you mean a work/office party, vado? it's a crappy day to go to the suburbs - slush and grey predominate. It's a good day to stay inside.

I am such a lame example of an architect - I just had to resort to the internet to look up the formula for the circumference of a circle. Anyone? I recalled two fomulas but couldn't remember which was cirucumference and which was area. I also can't remember how many sf are in an acre, which is something you need to know to pass the ARE.

Dec 9, 07 9:46 am  · 
 · 
some person

"Sleep? That sounds like something the competition does."

Dec 9, 07 9:47 am  · 
 · 
****melt

LB - it's pouring down rain here and the sound of it is making me not want to get out of bed. But, alas, I'm starving.

Dec 9, 07 10:03 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

c=pi x d. even i know that :P

Dec 9, 07 10:07 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

34 feels like 27 with rain.

Dec 9, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: