Archinect
anchor

Site Information on Canary Wharf?

mdineen06

Does anyone know where I can get reliable info to build a site model of Canary Wharf? I'm especially looking for building footprints and heights. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Dec 13, 05 10:21 am
SpringFresh

are you in london?

Dec 13, 05 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdineen06

unfortnately not. I'm in the Chicago area. I'm looking for the info for my grad capstone project next semester.

Dec 13, 05 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
TED

why dont you try skid chi town since they were the master plan archs and did most of the project. why not approach lee bay for a contact? i am assuming your at uicc...

its not something [cw] that i would think you can build a capstone project on.

Dec 13, 05 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

google earth for the aerial context, search for the detailed overlay in 'google hacks' and install to increase the resolution.

building foorprints can be photocopied from the Ordenence Survey map located at a local library - since you are not close promap may be of use for a DWG version but you have to pay.

As for the heights I can only think of a field trip, some photography and some floor counting for a rough estimate.

hacks
promap

Dec 13, 05 2:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: