Archinect
anchor

Gift Ideas for Coworkers?

Queen of England

Someone just gave everyone in the office a little bottle of homemade plumb brandy for Christmas, she actually thought three months in advance to make it.

As Queen I must outdo her, I require your council on this subject...

Dec 12, 05 5:23 pm
AP

if there was any doubt before this moment that

Queen of England = johndevlin

it has been erased.

Dec 12, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

stick with her theme of drugs, just choose another flavor.

Dec 12, 05 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

OR

Dec 12, 05 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

Oh Wolfhilde, thank you my dear.

Shall we do tea tomorrow? It's been so long, mutch catching up to do.

Dec 12, 05 7:34 pm  · 
 · 

You know how busy I always am, especially posing with half Philadelphian royalty, but I will always make time for a few sips with Your Majesty.

And now I most watch Antiques Roadshow. Ta Ta

Dec 12, 05 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

LOL j.

If you want to keep with the homemade theme, make holiday music CD's for everyone. Or just any kind of mix music CD.

Or make cookies. So easy to do and so fun to decorate. Put five in a little bag tied with a bow and people will swoon (remember it's all about presentation).

Or order a bunch of coffee mugs with a photo of your smiling face on them - replace the office coffee mugs with these, one for each coworker - maybe use a sharpie to inscribe a personal message to each person on the bottom of the mug, along with their name so here are no mix-ups in the morning rush for coffee.

Better yet, buy everyone a brandy snifter inscribed with an etched image of a plumb! (Er, I typed "plumb" as in plumb bob, meant to type plum as in plum brandy, but an image of a plumb bob on a brandy snifter is actually not a bad gift for an architect.)

Dec 12, 05 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

these are also available with engravings of the state of michigan.

Dec 12, 05 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I recommend the Thompson's Brand 48-Hour Homemade Plum Brandy kit, and claim that "great minds think alike".

Dec 12, 05 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White
slang flashcards

are a seasonal must, not to mention very handy around the office water cooler or during archi-reviews.

Dec 12, 05 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
thruening

Here’s the fiasco that happened when someone in our office got the greatest Christmas gift ever:

It was the receptionist who got the greatest gift ever. Some letter came for her in the office mail. It was this big red envelope all decorated with that Christmas scene stuff. Reindeer and snowman and all that kind of crap. She held it up for all of us to look at. “Isn’t that beautiful?” she says. I didn’t much care for it, so I didn’t say a damn word. Then she opens the thing. “Oooohh,” she says, real dramatic. “Look what I got, everyone!” She’s real excited. What she got was this: some relative or somebody sent her a coupon for a free 24 piece Barrel at Kentucky Fried. That 24 piece chicken set comes complete with slaw, mashed potatoes, biscuits, butter and a ton of those little honey packets. In case you don’t know, those are super tasty meals. Everybody loves that stuff.
“You gonna share?” I said to her.
“No chance.” she says.
Well, the next morning she comes into the office and what’s she got with her? She’s carrying that damn 24 piece barrel! You could tell that it was still super hot because all this steam and delicious scents were coming out of the lid. Typically, the 24 Piece is enjoyed at HOME, with loved ones and a nice big fire and so forth. What business had she bringing it to the office and making all of us super jealous? No business. She had no business pulling a stunt like that. Then here’s what she did: she sets that nice 24 piece barrel on her desk and goes into the restroom, I guess to unload her last meal or something before diving into that 24 piece. While she was in the restroom, I just kept staring at that barrel, real hungry and jealous. Then, I had this terrific idea.
I found some heavy string and tied it around the barrel. Next, I tied the other end to a vent on the ceiling. So now that barrel was suspended up there pretty high. I found some heavy old metal curtain rod. Then, I took this huge swing at that barrel, just like it was a piñata.
Let me tell you, that chicken probably never flew so far when it was LIVING. Chicken went everywhere. Little bits of biscuit and slaw shot all around. A honey packet burst open and stuck to a window. There was a big puddle of gravy and potatoes on the floor. When she came out of the restroom here’s what I said, “The Colonel sends you his best wishes this holiday season!”

Dec 12, 05 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

very nice thruening
nothing says holiday cheer like flying bits of chicken and cole slaw.
seasons greetings, have a face full of mashed potatos, biscuits and fried chicken.

i wish my holidays were filled with excitement like that

Dec 13, 05 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

what's a cow orker?

Dec 13, 05 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

what, like you've never orked a cow?

Dec 13, 05 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

We have decided to knight worthy cow orkers and the rest shall be made minstrels. THey all will however receive brandy snifters.

Dec 14, 05 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Engraved?

Dec 14, 05 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

im going to run to the bathroom to ork my cow right now

Dec 14, 05 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
Queen of England

Engraved with my face on one side and a plum on the other, similar to coins in the Commonwealth.

Dec 14, 05 4:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: