Archinect
anchor

flamingo memory

paperboy

I have got a a pretty large rhino file that I am trying to render but keeping getting a message that flamingo is out of memory. I have increased my virtual memory by wice that is recomended. The mesh setting is jagged and faster. Does anyone know if I can internally change flamingo memory settings, or some other tips on speeding up the rendering. All the parts are meshed at the mid to lower setting. There are just a ton of parts but I would think my machine could handle it.. Thanks for any help.

Dec 12, 05 2:00 am
Hasselhoff

Flamingo is shit. I've got dual Opterons and 2GB of RAM and still sometimes get that message. If you can, I suggest using MAX to render. It does a better job and is much faster. Flamingo is good for quick study renders while you are modeling, but once the model gets really complex and you need it big, it's no good.

Dec 12, 05 6:46 am  · 
 · 
bigness

there are a few copies of brazil for rhino in th world, if you can get your hands on it, you are a very lucky paperboy...start looking, start bribing!

Dec 12, 05 7:55 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

When is that jonez finally being released? That would be great to not have to export to render.

Dec 12, 05 8:39 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I have decided not to do any renderings for my final review. In fact, I plotted line drawings, traced them, scanned them back in and manipulated them in Photoshop ala LTL. People are flipping out as if hand drawing is something new. It's pretty funny.

Dec 12, 05 8:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: