Archinect
anchor

Stanford dschool

anotherquestion

does anyone have the design intelligence info on stanford dschool?
or anyone have any thoughts/experience with the program?

of course the website is down the day im researching... maybe a bad sign?

Dec 5, 05 5:06 pm
ochona

i had a client who had actually done that program -- she was one of the 10 most creative, best designers i've ever met -- she raved about the program

Dec 5, 05 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?
http://design.stanford.edu/

doesn't work for you? i'm loading it fine.

Dec 5, 05 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
AP
Dec 5, 05 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

hm, maybe the technology at my school is the problem.
good to hear ochona - so nothing anyone else?

yeah ap i saw that
also that there are only men on the organizing board

Dec 6, 05 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

wow they dont have a very pretty site

Dec 6, 05 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
BE

There is now a recognized demarcation between 'Old' and 'New' Design especially in some of the top ID programs in this country. Stanford dschool is focused on the new paradigm: design sensibility used through the gamut from product to innovative business strategies.

Dec 6, 05 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
BE

Their dschool site is by the link from that page. I don't think they have a formal program yet. They are still raising funds for the school itself. But it is something to be reckoned with given the expertise involved in this interdisciplinary venture.

Too bad architects are not invited in this 'new bauhaus'.

Dec 6, 05 11:26 pm  · 
 · 

looks cheesy. have you checked out nyu and mit? hey...aren't you at sciarc already? problems?

Dec 7, 05 12:08 am  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

yes im at sciarc. i may be too grown up for this kind of dizorganization... i need more intellectual stimulation. im drawn to product design, packaging... the architects here are not too sexy... all those good reasons.

Dec 15, 05 1:18 am  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

im not smart enough for mit. i want a big city. horror vacuii. i already left ny

Dec 15, 05 1:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: