Archinect
anchor

How bad is the coffee at your office

geno

my old office would buy an expensive special blend of beans with a special grind - fresh every monday morning for the week.

then brew it in an old mr. coffee drip machine.

the office next door had a $1000 esresso machine that they would brew folgers in.

the results of both were the same.

Nov 25, 05 4:33 pm  · 
 · 

No starbucks here but there is a crazy lady down the street with 50 cats running around saying its her "coffee house." The house blend/brew smells of cat piss go figure.

But i digress...

Because I'm on a wee crappy island that believes coffee is BAD my options are limited to some jumble stuff out of Dominican Rep which isnt really bad or Maxwell house. Granted my taste buds have gone on strike as they do until I get a chance to go home and bring back bags of Blue Mountain coffee, brewed with a spring water and hand ground dark - feels like heaven to me.

Nov 27, 05 11:08 am  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

When I worked at an Albertsons grocery store in high school, I used to make the coffee that was kept in a thermos in the front of the store for customers. It was simple, one bag, one filter, autofill with water, done.

Ahem.
One bag soon became two bags, two quickly became five, and I decided to halt my progress at a whopping 9 bags of coffee. 9 bags of coffee being brewed with enough water for only one bag.

The coffee liquid was so thick and putrid, I bet you could have balanced a quarter on it. I'd watch people pour a cup, take a sip (if they even got past the fact that it was like pouring clay) and their face would go all wild as they tried to choke it down.

Ah, glorious youth.

Nov 28, 05 4:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: