sorry, sorry....

Nov 16, 05 1:03 am  · 
 · 
poly

easy 'lost' ... easy

Nov 16, 05 1:28 am  · 
 · 
poly

alright guys, i think TT has a point ... saturday night, 7:30 ... people are DYIN' to get a drink ... how on earth will we get the seats?
and TOTO'S like a small bowl

no harm giving the head count

Poly + 1 guest

makes total of 6 ALREADY

in case we need a back up plan, we can rush to one of these places

XYZ (Bandra W)
H2O Liquid Lounge (Khar W)
Jinnie's (Bandra W)
Shooters (Bandra W)

i've got no clue about these places (except the last one)

Jo, you can show us the way !

and here's the best part
'backup plan' means we'll 'rush' to another place in case there's no space at Toto's

so better make it on time !

Nov 16, 05 2:02 am  · 
 · 
Jo

Jo + 1 guest

I guess its lost + 1 guest too

so that makes it 10 people

We meet at toto's at 7.30 pm and then decide abt the rest of the evening guys...lets not confuse matters here... :-)...as it is, lots of places around toto's that we can go to...ppl try and be there on time and not Indian standard time....is everyone ok with this?

Nov 16, 05 4:17 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

it's hilarious how everybody is bringing a friend as a buffer against boredom...haha

i don't think it'll be so bad, really. make the booze your buffer instead, i say...

Nov 16, 05 4:30 am  · 
 · 
SHR

Oye Guys,
A big shout out to everybody Desi around here.

Also, please support a friends website ...
www.layermag.com
loads of South Asian Design related stuff..
check it out... spread the word.

Nov 16, 05 4:53 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

Not so polite to be pimping your website on your first post on this thread, is it?

Nov 16, 05 6:01 am  · 
 · 
poly

Right on ... Jo

Frozen and Fermented !
No more changes in the plan now.

Nov 16, 05 6:10 am  · 
 · 
Jo

ok, desibaba i guess its safe to reserve for a party of 12 at toto's i dont think there will be too many more than that!! See you saturday then y'all....

Nov 16, 05 6:28 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

yeah.. bye see you all..

Nov 16, 05 7:42 am  · 
 · 
grumble

ok now.....is tickertocker and desibaba the same person? huh? huh?
chameleon one post of urs did say something that sort.
hhhhmmmm..........TT your friend very subtly conveyed to me my thesis topic ......aaaaaa.......aaaaa.......kinda.....sorta....sucks!
(can i say that here? he's gonna read it ....damn!)
so toto's it is...i dnt wanna get lost in mumbai.

oh n...... lost 1 nos. + boring guest 1 nos.= 2 from hyd. yeaaaaaaaaaaaaay! uuummm so wats the 'identification stratergy'?

Nov 16, 05 8:39 am  · 
 · 
grumble

wow! this thread has got over 60 posts! more than expected aye.

Nov 16, 05 8:46 am  · 
 · 
grumble

it does suck....lmao.

Nov 16, 05 9:40 am  · 
 · 
SHR

Desibaba,
glad you started this thread.. just called out to support a much needed South Asian Design website... no harm in helping a fellow bro.

Nov 16, 05 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
grumble

ok guys......i wud be staying at bhuleshwar...now if bandra is like very far from there i have my doubts on goin.damn it......however if it aint too far n easily reachable ...c u'll there.

Nov 17, 05 5:22 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

SHR,

relax dude. i'm just yanking your chain. layermag.com is a nice site. it's one of the nicer indian-designed architectural websites out there. neat and clean. excuse my previous criticism.

incidentally, your feature on kiran venkatesh is a little messed up. when you click the link, it opens in a tiny nested frame. you can hardly see the pics you've posted.

oh by the way, did your job app at gehry's office work out?

Nov 17, 05 8:27 am  · 
 · 
poly

well well ... nothing's too far for a commitment 'lost' ... WORD MAKETH A MAN ...
and architects aren't that difficult to identify (i believe ... dunno why) even then whatever strategy works out ... i'm ok with it
it does seem to be a small get together

and layermag is quite a decent website ... good job ... i was initially kinda, against encouraging such 'advertisements' ... but its feels ok now ... i'm still surfing the website !

chalo then ... see you all on saturday ...

we may not find something pleasant
at least we'll find something new

had read this somewhere

Nov 18, 05 1:04 am  · 
 · 
CruelFX

OYE....Mumbai..

Nov 19, 05 12:35 am  · 
 · 
Jo

So...people...see you guys in the evening!!

Nov 19, 05 1:37 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

yep. we're on for 7:30. reservations have been made.

i hope lost can find the place.

Nov 19, 05 2:07 am  · 
 · 
k_b

best wishes for the party to all in mumbai! hope you enjoy...

Nov 19, 05 8:23 am  · 
 · 
CruelFX

cheers guys..having Vodka Right now...21:28hrs...
.........( )..........
.........^**^..........
...........<>.........

Nov 19, 05 11:00 am  · 
 · 
CruelFX

what is that!!!!!

Nov 19, 05 11:02 am  · 
 · 
CruelFX

AWWW...forget it....

Nov 19, 05 11:02 am  · 
 · 
desibaba

oi,

i believe that, of the people who assembled yesterday, i'm the first one awake, alert and online. so i get to post the summary.

summary:
1) 6 people arrived (not bad!)
2) 2 people left early (fair enough)
3) about 15 units of vodka were consumed (i think)
4) everybody else left at 1:30 in the morning

somewhere in between items 3 & 4 was a lot of chocolate and a few cups of chai/coffee. i think we impressed ourselves by extending the evening to well past midnight! i don't think anybody expected that.

so thats the summary. i think perhaps Jo and poly could fill in all the juicy bits. desibaba will now proceed to kill himself. virtually speaking, of course. the purpose of this avatar is accomplished. see you all.

Nov 20, 05 2:19 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

damn! i`m jealous. no....YOU GUYS missed something more important.

Nov 20, 05 6:43 am  · 
 · 
k_b

way to go, chameleon...
1. on the amazing match.
2. on the fitting reply to the fresh indian kids on the block post. no, i am not being sarcastic, but some of the posts can be down right stupid.

Nov 20, 05 8:02 am  · 
 · 
xxx3

so when is the next meet...

Nov 20, 05 8:29 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

k_b talking of fresh kids, you are relatively fresh too, right....just 11 posts in the past year???

Nov 20, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
reverseplan

me too...still fresh hoping to post more....

Nov 20, 05 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
k_b

doc, i didnt mean fresh in that sense, i meant it as fresh students out of college...or those who are stepping out into the real architectural world as a trainee... it was regarding what cham wrote to one ms.grettab...

Nov 20, 05 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Too late to say "oye" ? ...

if not then ...
OYE !!!

Born in kerala,
Studied in Delhi
Working in Dubai ....

Trying to save money for Masters !! .. who knew that saving money would be so difficult !!!!

5 years down ... I see myself in a massive debt, and without a house after the bank seizes it !! ..

anyway, just for the record..

"OYE"

Nov 21, 05 1:55 am  · 
 · 
Jo

Yeah...k_b...the fresh kids from India (ARE INDIANS ANY GOOD)thread started sometime in the night IST and as soon as the sun came up and the Indians logged on :-) there was outrage expressed...thankfully they took that off the website!!

At the "meet" we did talk about it!! All in all...had a great evening saturday...I think we will make it a regular event...well as regular as we can afford it :-) ...what with the crappy money we architects make!! What say poly?? desibaba...or whatever avatar you have assumed now!!

Next time...all of you guys who couldnt make it...try real hard to be there!

Nov 21, 05 2:41 am  · 
 · 
poly

amazing evening !! ... the fact that it lasted 5 and half hours ... and most of us made it before time ! .... so with such enthusiam .. ofcourse we can have such events again ... (as long as i don't have to sell my clothes and utensils ... right said Jo!)
as for the details ... we enjoyed the best of the music /drinks from different places hopping from pubs to cafes' traversing the streets well late within the night ..................talking all about architecture and etc.
and much more ........ and bla bla .... i did think i'll write more .... (chameleon ..for your sake ... damnit) .. but i guess you're more interested in 'kirket' ...
ne ways ... chalo bye more later ... probably !

Nov 21, 05 5:58 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

lol i did`nt have choice dude. go ahead and write more, i`m interested.

Nov 21, 05 6:16 am  · 
 · 
grumble

tch....2 n haf hrs of travelling and 5 fone calls later i manage to get to toto's.......n stay for a whole haf hr! devoid of daru n sutta.....shud have stayed longer.

it got kinda scary wen my academics were being discussed....by all present.

i still dunno poly's name........ was busy lookin for poly wen i was being introduced to poly.

Nov 22, 05 1:10 am  · 
 · 
blackbird

oops!

sorry about the discussion on ur "academics" lost...
it was too delicious to resist and those tikkas were a long time coming.

promise to be in more control next time.

next time the daru will come first........

Nov 22, 05 8:33 am  · 
 · 
poly

ok .. this post is JUST to bring back the thread on the first page of discussions !

Nov 24, 05 9:30 am  · 
 · 
grumble

oh thank god....its bak to the first page

Nov 24, 05 9:51 am  · 
 · 
grumble

my comp hangs wen i try goin to the second

Nov 24, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: