Going there for 3 days /w gf.

Night life?
Sights?

etc.

THX

Sep 9, 05 7:44 am
Kadam- F

Three days???
Ratanakosin Island.. (the old part of bkk)... is one of your destination.. around that area, most of the interesting building are Budhist temples... at least, u should check out the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, and if possible the Golden Moutain

Close to that area, there is a famous guest house area called Koa Sarn Rd. (from Beach, the movie) This is a good place to party and get a decent cheap stay.

To try good decent food, you should go to China Town... and see how is it diff from the one in the States.. :-)

Then if u visit bkk during weekend, I'd recomend u to shop around Jatujak Market, a large flea market that will be open only on a weekend.

But in case u want to get a feeling of urban chic in bkk.. recomend to hang out around Tong Lor area.. it is a strip where many upper middle class family used to live, but now many of the residential buidling have convert into a hip restaurant, and many new commercial program were construct along this area.. and i guess, if u r looking for a contemporary architecture in bkk, this place would be (don't expect much from bkk though)

Oh and last, if u want to see how thai architecture can mixed w/ western architecture.. i would suggest you to go visit Sukothai Hotel on Sathorn rd. it's one a pretty good example.. : )

cheers,

Sep 11, 05 12:30 am  · 
 · 
brickhouse

one word.....

lady-boys

Sep 12, 05 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
Kadam- F

am not gonna deny that... lady-boys is something happennig in bkk... however, don't u think, it's too narrow mind to brainstorm one city into such a thing like that which, in return, it will limit your chance to explore other city in any other way.... : )

btw, if u want to know what brickhouse is talking about going to a place called Silom Soi 2

Sep 12, 05 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

wait...aren't those gay bars or something?

Sep 12, 05 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
anti

There is a caberet show, Calipso's (or something like that), of women who used to be men. It was a great show, both my girlfriend and I had a kick ass time, very funny act.

Tame-- PG-13 & its in Lonley Planet.

Sep 12, 05 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
AP

MBK, the megamall thai-stylee

Sep 12, 05 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

avoid anything involving a ping pong ball. otherwise, with only 3 days, just hit the town. do one night in the western tourist area(s) which will be obivous/easy to/for you, then just explore. 3 nights is an awfully short time to try to get a good feel for any city, especially foreign to a westerner, as i'm assuming you are. so many of the great things in thailand aren't in bangkok... 3 days<enough

Sep 13, 05 12:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: