Archinect
anchor

crap MANNER. Dammit!

collartim

How can people have such CRAP manner? So then I guess another question I have is: how can people be just REAL RUDE? Like this:

I started going to this gym recently because I'm just a bag o' bones, etc., and I have it on good authority that I need to shape up or ship out. That's the word on the streets. So I started going to this gym to sort of tune up a little. But what the hell is going on with humanity in that place?! RUDE stuff and jerks everywhere.

For instance: I'm a man in case you didn't know and so I use the MEN'S LOCKER ROOM and that place is a real shit show. Why? First off, guys are spitting all over the place, like, in the showers and stuff. This one jerk, you could hear him in the shower stall next to mine, he was clearing like a year's worth of phlegm out of his damn body, then, after dredging it up for about an hour, SMACK, he spits all that stuff onto the shower floor. It sounded like someone smacked an elephant's ass with a huge wooden paddle. What the hell kind of manners is that?! That fellow was spitting all over the regular floor, too, not just in the shower where that junk might wash down the drain at least.

Even worse: I went into that dry sauna thing and there was this stumpy guy sort of standing in the middle of that little wood room sweating his ass off. I took a seat on this bench and then this guy starts doing this stretching yoga business. He starts doing this certain stretch where he lifts one of his stumpy legs, like, way up to the side of his body, as high as he can get it. Each time he lifts his damn leg, he rips this little fart. He's holding this tiny spray bottle of air freshener or something and each time he rips one of these farts he sort of spritzes a little of that gardenia scent or whatever into the hot fart air. What's wrong with that guy to make him think that's okay?! Why does that fellow believe he can just fart all over public places as long as he sort of scents the air after? Jesus.

What a bunch of nasty buggers in that gym! And then there's all this other stuff that I won't even get into like people flexing in all those mirrors and checking themselves out super hard and jerks getting all territorial about some equipment or machine. What a SHIT SHOW.

Happy halloween you GYM JERKS! I hope someone comes along and farts in your jack-o-lanterns and causes a damn candy corn supernova on your HOUSE.

Oct 21, 11 10:46 pm
Rasa

I'm tempted to say this is spam :O

Oct 21, 11 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

No, it's collartim

Oct 21, 11 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

haulden caulfield, is that you?

Oct 22, 11 12:31 am  · 
 · 
citizen

This is hilarious for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which is because it's largely true.

Many people's manners at the gym are non-existent.  Sometimes I laugh, other times I growl.

Oct 22, 11 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Hi collartim, always fun to see you.

I understand women's locker rooms are significantly more polite.  Sorry, men, that you annoy  each other so.

Oct 22, 11 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
LOOP!

Best poster on archinect. Besides Rusty, of course. 

Oct 23, 11 3:31 am  · 
 · 

Sounds like someone was curling in the squat rack.

Oct 23, 11 4:13 am  · 
 · 
TaliesinAGG

Don't dudes in general like to hork up lugies?? All the time I see dudes spitting a phlegmwad on the sidewalk.....I can totally understand why chicks are just one too many wine coolers away from changing sides..we are disgusting.

Oct 25, 11 6:31 pm  · 
 · 

I was in a public women's restroom at an institution today.  The restroom had both scented air freshener and scented hand lotion.  This is common.  I've also seen potpourri.  

Oct 25, 11 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

crap

Oct 25, 11 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
On the fence

Gyms are generally very nasty places. A lot of times filled with very nasty people. Being physically fit is certainly a good thing but i would stay away from any gym. If i ever joined a gym membership again, i would atick to the work out room. Meaning, change at home, go to gym, work out, and go back home. Do not use the changing room, sauna, hot tub, etc. these places are nasty. On top of which, they appear to be places for men to market themselves to other men. Jmho. Having served in the military, i can tell you that at no time were men just wandering around naked to showers or milling about, yet in every gym i had gone to, there were usually a select group who would travel great distances between their lockers and a sauna, shower or hot tub with nothing on. Just stay away if for no other reason than the germ/ick factor.

Oct 27, 11 6:42 am  · 
 · 
TheMasterBuilder

I joined a gym last year, and never had any of these problems. I always thought it looked clean, the stuff worked and the guys tended to not really hang around the locker rooms much. That being said, there is always at least one guy, wherever you go (beach, pool, park, gym.) that is at least 60lbs overweight and perfectly fine with just letting it all hang out. I think that needs to stop. I don't have a perfect body (I study architecture after all) and I keep it to myself on most ocassions, I think people should re-learn modesty.

Oct 27, 11 8:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: