Archinect
anchor

How is it like to study architecture at RISD undergraduate program?

photo_a_velo

Hello,

My son is accepted to RISD this year. He is very determined to study architecture and has made that his career choice in the future. RISD is his top schools. We are deciding/debating which school he should go. 

We toured the school and visited the architecture department building. We like the school overall in general. But we had a hard time finding more information about the specific experience of the architecture program (faculty quality, teaching, studios, student experience, internship and career opportunities and choices after graduation).

If any alumni or current students here can share their experience, it would greatly help us to make a more informed decision. Many thanks in advance!

Apr 27, 24 1:03 pm
Non Sequitur

Since you've so generously spent your time down-voting several of my comments in other threads, it's just obvious you think 100K of more for an arch degree is a good investment.  eye roll.

How about your kid does his own research instead of having their parents do all the adult work for them?  

Apr 27, 24 4:19 pm  · 
3  ·  1
JLC-1

"we like the school"???

Apr 28, 24 3:30 am  · 
1  · 
reallynotmyname

Touring potential schools after being accepted is best done without parents tagging along. At least it was for me.

Apr 29, 24 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

Maybe it depends if the parents are paying for the school?

Apr 29, 24 3:44 pm  · 
1  · 
*your name

I heard archi students at RISDY consume a lot of weed and drink like fish but they graduate nevertheless. 

Apr 28, 24 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
*your name

I should add that the ones I knew were talented, confident, and experimental. They were also knowledgeable in fine and applied arts. They were young but fiercely independent types. If your son ends up in RI, you need to bud off and mind your business and not be helicopter parents.

Apr 28, 24 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
paulscreationids

Congratulations to your son on his acceptance to RISD! Choosing the right school for architecture is crucial, and, understandably, you're seeking more information to make an informed decision. Alumni or current students of RISD's architecture program, your insights would greatly assist this family in understanding the program's faculty quality, teaching methods, studio experiences, internship and career opportunities, and post-graduation paths. Any shared experiences would be immensely appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Apr 29, 24 6:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: