Archinect
anchor

quarter life crisis

lletdownl

who else is frustrated

i dont make enough at my firm job to quit my other crap job...
i have to get a stellar gpa to make sure i can do the grad school i want...
i am not even sure if i have done anything good...
or will do anything good ever...
im pissed off pretty much constantly...
my jaw muscles hurt from clenching my teeth
all this tension and angst makes me very unpopular with the ladies and i didnt need help with that...
i have no band...
i smoke to many cigs...
i drink to many pabsts...

Aug 31, 05 10:25 pm
mad+dash

let's see....
you have a job...
you want to go to grad school and have interests and goals...
you are angry for no important reason...

realize that many people are without homes and jobs and you are posting this crap...

Aug 31, 05 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i am angry for no important reason? how would you know this?

i am well aware there are people without homes and jobs... why are you acting like some saint, it is merely and opportunity to vent

Aug 31, 05 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

are you kidding me? reread you post, man. All those problems are within your grasp to solve. These is nothing resembling a crisis in anything you have stated.

Aug 31, 05 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

that may be so, but there was no need for the disrespect.
people get frustrated.

Aug 31, 05 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
nicomachean

change your screenname in an Archinect baptism ritual...you're instantly a new man/woman

Aug 31, 05 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

good suggestion, thanks for not being a prick

Aug 31, 05 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

I didn't mean to be overtly disrespect. it's just not a crisis. this is something you'd post on an online journal or something like that...keep your chin up...you're an archinector...we know you'll pull through.

Anyway some girls/guys find twitchiness and angst sexy

Aug 31, 05 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

That Pabst & them cigs (Marlboro (Reds?)) ain't helping much. Give 'em up (@ least part-time). Vado suggested that I get an MFA in Sculpture for the 'art school chicks'. Since I'm married, & I like living, maybe you can do this for me while cheering yourself up!

Aug 31, 05 11:27 pm  · 
 · 

regarding the jaw pain:
ahhh, the joys of TMJ! I can recommend two things that would help...
1. the first seems kinda odd, but had the biggest impact. get a "stress formula" multivitamin and start taking them daily. once I started doing this I was able to sleep a lot better and cut down on the jaw pain.
2. get a dental guard to wear at night. you can pick one up at CVS that you get to form yourself. or you can go to you dentist and be fit for one there.

Aug 31, 05 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

whats tmj? and ill try that multivitamin idea... my teeth are hurting as well... think i might be doin some damage at night

Aug 31, 05 11:31 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I'm tellin' ya, tha booze & smokes will get rid of that jaw pain, too. Nobody ever listens until they become a MysteryMan themselves.

Aug 31, 05 11:39 pm  · 
 · 

From The TMJ Association webpage:

The TMJ:
"TMJ" stands for TemporoMandibular Joint, or the jaw joint. You have two TMJs, one in front of each ear, connecting the lower jaw bone (the mandible) to the skull. The joints allow movement up and down, side to side, and forward and back—all the mobility necessary for biting, chewing and swallowing food, for speaking and for making facial expressions.

TMJ Diseases/Disorders:
Temporomandibular joint diseases and disorders, commonly called TMJ, are a collection of poorly understood conditions characterized by pain in the jaw and surrounding tissues and limitations in jaw movements. Injury and conditions that routinely affect other joints in the body, such as Arthritis, also affect the temporomandibular joint.

Aug 31, 05 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
kazbot

sleep with a pillow under your knees. it relieves tension in your back, thus relieving some of the tension in your jaw . . .
learn how to give good massages. this will make you quite popular with the ladies, and its a fair trade for recieving a massage, which is one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself.
and personally, i think gpa's are overrated. make a kick-ass portfolio that really describes who you are.

Sep 1, 05 2:34 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I see a bunch of lobbyists for big booze, tobacco & worst of all, dentists, inhabiting this blog.

Sep 1, 05 9:48 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

it is not a quarter life crisis. it is a mid-life crisis and it implies that you will die relatively young. plan accordingly.

Sep 1, 05 10:46 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

He's right you know. At least you can get good prices on life Insurance...oh wait, you're a smoker.

Sep 1, 05 11:04 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

i agree with a lot of what j said.
chill out dude.
get your shit together and it will all work out, don't worry about being the best or stellar, just try to do well.

Sep 1, 05 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
spark

volunteer for hurricane relief - then you will know that you have done something good.

Sep 1, 05 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
soleil

hmmm...

lletdownl - sounds like you could use a juicebox and some lunchables or perhaps some pan-asian cuisine.

we've all been there (whether we're willing to admit it or not) just try not to get cerebellumed ;)

Sep 1, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
dragthelake

i hate me, but i like it that way

Sep 1, 05 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

sounds like someone needs a coke and a smile. go ahead and get youself some.

i second the "get a pet" statement. i suggest a big dog to drink pabts with you and eat your cig buts.

One last thing, it is impossible to support a respectable drug habbit on an architects pay. it is just something you have to live with.

Sep 1, 05 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

If you are reading this, you are most likely not waist-deep in flesh-fouled water trying to scrounge whatever food you can as the police try to loot as much ammo as they can so your neighbors don't get to it first as fast as they can.

Sep 1, 05 5:11 pm  · 
 · 

"cerebellumed"
TEEN GIRL SQUAD!

Sep 1, 05 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

whatsherface
the ugly one

Sep 1, 05 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
joed

why are you always up in my bweeznass?

Sep 1, 05 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Good advice, Spark!

Sep 1, 05 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

wrapped all nite about suicide
speed jive dont wanna stay alive
at 25...

Sep 1, 05 9:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: