Archinect
anchor

laser cutting in LA??

history

good EVEEEning.....

does anyone know of places in LA that out source laser cutting for very small projects?
thanks......have a happy one
H

Aug 31, 05 12:37 am
brown666

get connected with some friendly sciarc peolpe

Aug 31, 05 1:30 am  · 
 · 
Taesung

There is a place in Pomona, about a 35-45 min drive outside of Downtown LA that is reasonably priced and very flexible called Carpe Diem. The store's number is 909.598.7230.

Aug 31, 05 1:54 am  · 
 · 
jwnam

penpoint in pasadena.. i think you can look up the number in yahoo's yellowpages

Aug 31, 05 11:54 am  · 
 · 
pomotrash

SCI-Arc Alum. John Lodge. He is the one who did all of my laser cutting three years ago. He is a nice guy, and aims to please. You can probably Google him, or contact him through the SCI-Arc shop or front office. I might still have his card at home, if I do, I'll post it tomorrow.

Aug 31, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
history

great thanks. i'll begin by checking these places out.

Aug 31, 05 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

Model Concepts
1650 19th St.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 828-6522

we use this place quite often. but it might be expensive. i have no idea...

Aug 31, 05 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
Archi-F

I would go with John Lodge (probably your most inexpensive bet)

This was his phone number two years ago. 626.278.1234 Hopefully it'll work. If not - I'm sure some current students have his number.

Aug 31, 05 7:59 pm  · 
 · 

If you ever shop at Roark, there's a guy that advertises there... I've never used him, but I remember seeing some samples on display there.

Aug 31, 05 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
Amit Pandya

You can you www.emachineshop.com, Its the worlds first ever online machineshop and makes custom designed parts for you from quantity 1 to 1 million.

Sep 5, 05 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

if I remember right "penpoints" on south raymond(across the street from art centers soth campus) has a laser cutter

Sep 5, 05 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
history

thanks....helps out
listening to felix da housecat.....guy kicks ass

Sep 7, 05 2:30 am  · 
 · 
tokoloshee

George at Penpoint is great. Done lot's of laser cutting there, probably comparable to John Lodge in terms of price.

Sep 7, 05 6:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: