Archinect
anchor

Alvaro Siza

neildesi

I am looking for a project by Alvaro Siza....I think it is a pavillion although i don't recall the name.

The main feature is a concrete roof structure suspended by cables. If you happen to know of the name or can find pictures please respond....

thanks!

Aug 30, 05 5:59 pm
neildesi

dont bother posting - found it...
Portugese pavillion expo 98

Aug 30, 05 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

it desrves a picture

Aug 30, 05 7:40 pm  · 
 · 

it is gorgeous - Siza has a gift! His work is so spiritual even it happens to be a park bench. Does anyone know a book showing his earlier work - would be worth the investment. Most monographs show his more popular and mature work - looking to see this bad boy when he was still rough around the edges.

Aug 30, 05 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

Dr. Siza

Aug 30, 05 8:08 pm  · 
 · 

he shows up briefly in frampton's history of modern architecture and there is wonderful and insightful overview of his career in moneo's recent 'theoretical anxiety and design strategies...'. (as i've said before, bad title, good book.)

Aug 30, 05 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
Pacific

there are a number of nice recent books on siza's projects, new and old (and industrial design pieces) available in portugal. not sure if they're available yet in the states. there's a nice monograph covering siza's sketches and drawings for his entry for the getty center. optimo.

Aug 31, 05 1:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: