tell me about it.

Aug 30, 05 4:08 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

quitter...

Aug 30, 05 8:45 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

my friend had an x-acto knife roll off his desk and plant itself firmly in his knee.

that looked like it hurt alot

Aug 30, 05 8:47 am  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but giving up always hurts more than sticking it out. Maybe even more than being flat out beaten.

Aug 30, 05 9:19 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Move On. There are other projects (I assume we're talking about something like that) & there will be plenty to be had from Mobile to Nawlins. Hurricanes - Now THAT's gotta hurt.

Aug 30, 05 9:23 am  · 
 · 
brickhouse

a gonorrhea test.....now THAT hurts!

Aug 30, 05 11:18 am  · 
 · 
the cellardoor whore

everyday,at work, i put my earphones on, i ignore all the half-heard good mornings, and i write a poem or sketch caricatures of the other modern day slaves as i draw up toilets and window and door schedules. soon i shall compile an antholgy of poetry illustrated with caricatures and autocad projections of bidets, sinks and garage doors.

secretly,but secretly, i creep underneath that blanket and they dont even know i'm about to conquer the galaxy. heart break.

Aug 30, 05 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

many are called
few are chosen.

Aug 30, 05 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

having your boss disrespect you in front of people you regard highly.

Aug 30, 05 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

Wait ... ovejo, what are you talking about? I kind of thought you might be talking about arch school, in which case, hang in there.

If you are talking about a job, however. Dump it and find something that suits you better.

Why the double standard? Because I think that you actually gain something from working beyond your limits in an educational environment. If, however, a job is sucking you dry and giving nothing in return (which is ultimately for you to decide), then get out, because it's your life, your health, and sanity at stake in the long run. Much longer than 3-5 yrs if you don't do something about it.

Aug 30, 05 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
ovejo

well it wasn't related to architecture at all. may be I should have explained myself better. I always thought that the easiest way out of any kind of problem was to just ignore it and forget it. I just found out that there are people and things done that ignoring and forgetting won't solve shit. Well, I just had to let them go. Not because people lied or things didn't respond as I wanted them to. Yes, it is mostly related to a relationship. I had to let her go, I had to give up. Dreaming of someone who wasn't there and planning a future that would not see light hurted a little bit everyday. I felt so perverted when I saw myself letting go of someone I cared for a lot. It just had to happen. and it hurts to see that the most obvious reaction hurts so much.

Aug 30, 05 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

Oh. Well ... then I'm out of my element. I'm like child that wanders into the middle of a conversation ...

Aug 30, 05 9:08 pm  · 
 · 

Hmm ovejo, I've been there that hurts alot - and it stays with you. Please as a fellow architect/archinecter ride the wave and do whatever you need to move on. On a lighter note remember the work you are doing within this time, use the pain to make it brilliant. Keep sailing solider.

Aug 30, 05 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
ovejo

many thanks, one does what one must do.

Aug 30, 05 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Been there too, 2nd yr Archie School Feb 87' Valentine's Day if I recall very nasty. Got over it, moved on. but those things stick with you for a long time, they are important and they should in a way make you who you are and help you decide who you want to be. Look for the opportunities in every scenario. Take it as a life lesson learned.

Aug 31, 05 1:08 am  · 
 · 

when you realize that you've been fooling yourself for years.

or maybe, when you realize that you're willing to continue fooling yourself for a little while longer...

Aug 31, 05 1:18 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

being told what a great guy you are and how someday
you'll meet the woman of your dreams...when she's telling
you why she's seeing someone else..

Aug 31, 05 2:11 am  · 
 · 
bRink

the rough thing is... that architecture school seems to put strains on relationships unless your significant other has exceptional patience or understanding...

i'd say about 9 out of 10 people i knew that we in good relationships with non architects going into my m.arch. program had trouble keeping it together... some quit the program, some broke up, and the others just got pushed to the edge of break up... its hard for people not in architecture to comprehend what could drive someone to pull all nighters slaving in the studio or obsessing over design issues when the rest of the world is 'real'...

i think it really hurts to have to choose between a person you love and work you love...

Aug 31, 05 7:21 am  · 
 · 
brickhouse

boo-hoo.......

get a hooker

Aug 31, 05 10:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: