Archinect
anchor

Eric Roudolph Gets 4 Life Terms

MysteryMan

It's funny, maybe the times, but I heard nothing about this trial until today, when I heard that Rudolph plead guilty to avoid the Death Sentence. He was said to have apologized to the 'civilians', but not others, presumably meaning people like a dead police officer & an injered cleaning woman employed by the city.

In addition to muder & terrorism, Rudolph probably ruined an Olympic Games that was going very well.

How is it that when it comes to terrorism, we hear a lot about abstract threats, but the real stuff like this, gets swept under he rug, Must be the Liberal media at work.....

Aug 22, 05 7:15 pm
citizen4nr

I'd like to know what the hell giving 4 life terms does. its not like his punishment is going to get worse (unfortunately). why didnt he get the death penalty again?

Aug 22, 05 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

the liberal media made him do it. its lack of a moral compass, the endless t&a, the globalization of merica and the spanish comin in from mexico sent this boy off his rocker. that cleaning lady was a communist.

Aug 22, 05 8:23 pm  · 
 · 

citizen4nr- what it does is give him absolutely NO chance of parole. People who get life sentences rather routinely get out after having served 30+ years of it, and this sentence at least protects the public from that possibility.

Aug 22, 05 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

He didn't get the Death penalty because he plead guilty to all counts. Kind of a form of leniencey, I guess. I actually think it's better than Death. I'd rather criminals rot in jail than get the satisfaction of knowing that 'society' is making them a victim.

Aug 22, 05 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

too bad we cant send him to gitmo. isnt that where we're supposed to send terrorists?

Aug 22, 05 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

But he's a 'folk hero' to the good people of Western North Carolina. Maybe not fair to all of them, but it's rumored that some of them mountain folk helped him evade the revenoo-ers.

Aug 22, 05 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

i think a 3 life sentences in american prison is much harsher than death

Aug 22, 05 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Especially since Rudolph was so used to being free to move around in the wilderness.

Aug 22, 05 9:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: