Archinect
anchor

Fake glasses for job interview

mwad

?

Aug 9, 05 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

lilbuddy- i think you should hybridize your past patches on the sleeves for the bookstore interview with the glasses idea for this interview and get yourself an eyepatch. nothing says serious like an eyepatch.

Aug 9, 05 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

2 Things:
1) Glasses worked for Phillip Johnson (sure wasn't what he designed)
2) Zaha probably goes home w/ a lot of glasses-wearing (corbu-style) drunks. Geesh, now there is a real disconnect between reality & web-page.

I guess that's kinda mean, but it just gets my goat when broads don't look as good when you're sober. I was actually talkin' 'bout PJ. OK, now I'll just shaddap.

Aug 9, 05 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

mwad - I added socks. didn't quite work

Aug 9, 05 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Don't just stop @ the eye-patch - Go to the interview as a Pirate:
http://www.piratesstore.com/costumes/piratescostumes_adult.php

Aug 9, 05 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you really shouldn't know about that website mysteryman!aaargh!!

Aug 9, 05 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

mmmmm... stylish wench..

Aug 9, 05 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

You talkin' 'bout the pirates, or Zaha? Zarrrgggh!

Aug 9, 05 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

LOL - both really. Can't you see Zaha as the insane captain of the Slighty Off White Pearl? Angle the mainsail or you'll walk the plank. arrr

Aug 9, 05 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

How 'bout a monocle? Seems to work for the Monopoly guy.

Aug 9, 05 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

How 'bout a monocle? Seems to work for the Monopoly guy.

· 
lilbuddy

Yarr, pirates!!!

Unfortunately I'm saving my pirate costume for September 19th, official Talk Like a Pirate Day. New Yorkers, spread the underground word: Staten Island Ferry, 5:30 on...dress up and bring rum...haggle the locals...

· 
Sean Taylor

The monocle will also show your potential employer that all of the Western side of your projects will be spot-on.

Aug 9, 05 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Arrrggggh, I hear thars plenty buried treasure on Staten Island. I fear for those on the Staten Island Ferry.

Aug 10, 05 10:48 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

damn mwad, you beat me to the monkey with glasses.
hahahaha...
nobody mistake me, i wear glasses too but i somehow can`t resist postings these pics.

Aug 10, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.
Aug 10, 05 10:49 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Jordi always looked like a Buick.

Aug 10, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.
Aug 10, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.
Aug 10, 05 10:52 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

shit! sorry..

Aug 10, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

chances are if the interviewers look like this;

you'll need these;

Aug 10, 05 11:19 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

betadinesutures, are you sill recuperating and thus have lots of time to post ridiculous responses like the one above? I sure hope so, LOL!!!

Aug 10, 05 11:46 am  · 
 · 
inkwray

Thats great

Aug 10, 05 11:50 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

jeffe, max fischer is my idol.

and the glasses idea is redonkulous... what are you going to do if you get the job, wear the fake glasses every day?

Aug 10, 05 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
lilbuddy

tell them i got contacts?

Aug 10, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
marlowe

British accents also help.........

During the interview, while you are responding to one of their comments stop them mid sentance and do the following:

Interviewer: "So...What we're looking for is......"

You: "Sorry to inttrupt you but the lighting in her is diabolical...Would you mind if I adjusted one of these track lights?"

This is assuming though that the architects office has track lighting...I'd be suprised if it did not.....

After reaching up with a 24" roll of trace paper and trying to adjust the light fixture for a good 5 minutes stop and study it.. Place your thumb and index finger on your chin and look as if your in deep thought....Squint a little.....Then say the following:

"Well, it's not what I had hoped for, but it should suffice enough for me to at least continue"

That stunt alone is worth an extra $15,000/year if you can pull it off.

Good luck!

Aug 10, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

i knew this girl who had 'fake' glasses..... you could tell they didn't have a perscription in them. apparently the reason she wanted them was to look more like an hk fob.

needless to say i was absolutely baffled and lost respect for her.

part of the point of an interview is to be yourself and for you and them to find out if you're the right fit for each other. starting off with something false won't do you any favours.

additionally, i'd be more concerned about how you carry yourself than the glasses on your face. if you're a goofy person with glasses then you're better off without... think urkel.

otherwise, go the full out extreme, wear all black, some white little bow tie, and a bowler and toss in that english accent from marlowe.

Aug 10, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin
Aug 10, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Ddot

where is the silent disapproval robot when we need it.

Aug 10, 05 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yeah i am home recuperating...go back next tuesday.....i should probably take this time off and design something.

Aug 10, 05 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

three words: fake contact lenses...

really go all the way.

Aug 10, 05 3:13 pm  · 
 · 

archi-geek - I think we have a winner for the t-shirts with that one
damn its cool - you just need "archi-geek" under that

Aug 10, 05 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

if i didnt want a job, I would go to the interview dressed as a pirate

Aug 10, 05 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Dude if you wore 3d glasses to an interview you would be the most awesome person ever!

Aug 10, 05 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
mwad

It would show your ability to think in 3d.

Aug 10, 05 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe you should get a wheelchair and a speakerbox setup ala stephen hawking. i mean if you're gonna fake it you gotta fake it big.

Aug 10, 05 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe
Aug 10, 05 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

man i used to look like that.

Aug 10, 05 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
job job

Just wear the frames with no lenses in them so you get the best of both worlds...honesty and architectylookingness.

Aug 11, 05 6:06 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

vado is richard meier!

Aug 11, 05 12:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: