Archinect
anchor

Save CBGBs!

A Center for Ants?
e

yeah, i heard about it closing a while back. sad indeed.

Aug 3, 05 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

BASTARDS... its just like how the fireside got shut down in chicago

Aug 3, 05 12:54 pm  · 
 · 

let go.

Aug 3, 05 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

MMMMM, Blondie

Aug 3, 05 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
eric_h

yet another sign that punk is dead.

Aug 3, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

The owner said and I quote "I was moving outta NY before this whole eviction shit came up" - "I'm moving to Vegas" "This series of shows is just to make me more money before I leave this dump"

Aug 3, 05 1:26 pm  · 
 · 

If I could have gotten tickets to the Gorilla Biscuits show, I would have been more than willing to give him more money.

Aug 3, 05 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

haha - whats wrong man? has your love of CIV run out?

Aug 3, 05 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

Don't get me started on that second CIV album...

Aug 3, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

hahaha

If BOLD was playing the show - that would be worth the hike to the Bowery on a weekend

Aug 3, 05 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
mm

John, BOLD did play a reunion show a few weeks ago... But I can only assume you were joking. They were awful when they were first around and are probably even worse today...

I can't figure out if the Gorilla Biscuits show is sold out or not. The website isn't clear. If tickets are available, I'll go. I should just call and find out.

I'm still waiting for the Project X reunion... Now that'd be funny.

By the way, Pixel, did you grow up in Western Mass? If so, did you go to HC/punk/indie shows when in high school? Just curious...

Aug 3, 05 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

BOLD played the Posi-fest in PA, right?

As far as the GB, from what I heard all the tickets available online are sold out and the only other place to get them will be at the door.

What about Straight Youth? That would be an interesting show... "because I'm as straight as the line that you snort up your nose"

And yeah, I grew up out here in Western MA, and did go to shows at Pearl Street and the other local digs.

Aug 3, 05 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

NCHC - is where it's at

Um yeah Bold did play recently at CB's and the show was Horrible. I didnt make it - hungover - but i'd still like to see them.

Aug 3, 05 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
mm

Pixel,

Umm... I grew up in Western Mass and went to hc shows at Pearl Street...

How old are you? I'm 27. I left Western Mass in 1995 when I went to college... But I pretty much spent most of my high school life going to shows, many of them at Pearl Street. Were you friends with all the Pearl Street scenesters?

Aug 3, 05 2:52 pm  · 
 · 

HAHAHA... small world. You graduated three years before me, so we probably ran in different circles. I knew a couple of the scene kids, mostly the Chicopee ones because thats where I'm from.

Aug 3, 05 3:40 pm  · 
 · 

Did you go to the Earth Crisis/Snapcase show? I forget what year that was but it was definately a memoriable experience.

Aug 3, 05 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

My favorite venue is now a stripper club. BYOB
not that i'd go, i don't drink and the idea of fantasizing about an junkie stripper surrounded by drooling rednecks sounds completely distasteful and beneath me.

Aug 3, 05 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

this aint no mudd club
or cbgb's i aint got time for that now.

Aug 3, 05 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
mm

Pixel,

I saw Earth Crisis far too many times. I don't recall if I saw them with Snapcase at Pearl Street ever, but I did see the Strife/Earth Crisis/Snapcase show in the summer of 1994 at that place in Hadley across from the mall. That was a pretty wild show.

Did you know that skinny vegan kid Chris? I think he was from Chicopee...

Aug 4, 05 9:48 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

8oclock ,
If you ever do get that urge, try the "Clairmont Lounge" in ATL before, it too gets levelled for some new Yuppie 'Lofts'. It'll change your life...or in my case, ruin a perfectly good tie. I didn't know that part of the body could make microfiber fray.

Aug 4, 05 9:56 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Good one Vado.

Aug 4, 05 9:57 am  · 
 · 

Skinny vegan kid... Chris Dooley perhaps. Not going to say that I know him, but I'd recognize him at shows.

Place in Hadley... Infinity's? I know they used to have shows there way back when Staind (ugh) was an "alternative" cover band.

Aug 4, 05 11:50 am  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction
evilplatypus

standard commercial lease agreement - didnt need to go ot court. Tennenant owes because they agreed. Cant be evicted though becaudse no action to rectify situation was taken. Both parties hear sound like morons.

Aug 11, 05 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i have been to that place one time and got sick from the smell of piss emanating from just about everything in that hole. i got a feeling that if anyone of us ever ripped the topped floors of that shit-hole off and let sunshine in there we'd be so disgusted and even ashamed that we'd ever stepped foot in there.

Aug 11, 05 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

will gorilla biscuits be wearing x's on their hands or sipping martini's at their reuinion show?

gorrilla biscuits = civ
youth brigade = royal crown revue

what's up with 1980's hardcore bands turning into bullshit ricky ricardo swing ensembles?

Aug 11, 05 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
Philip Gentleman

or better yet, the revelation records bands that found jesus...outspoken, unbroken, unashamed, etc.

hardcore took an uppercut to the chin when it became one more way to be polite...

Aug 11, 05 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: