Archinect
anchor

Chicago Archinect Meet Up

I've tried to do this before and as spiderdad said in the LA thread, he's tried as well. I've got less than 2 weeks left in Chicago so I figure I'll try one more time. Is anyone interested out there? It will have to be next week - Tuesday or Wednesday night. How bout somewhere in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area? Phyllis's Musical Inn on Division, Inner Town Pub on Thomas, Bucktown Pub on Courtland, Northside on Damen etc?

Aug 2, 05 11:58 am
stephanie

like tonight???

Aug 2, 05 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
spiderdad

go ether!!!

i think you guys should meet underneath anish's kidney... every one bring their own six packs and use the trump site for all your leaks...

i wish i could join you, but am far far away from chitown.
oh, how i wish i could join you....

Aug 2, 05 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
ether

sorry steph, i cannot do it tonight. unfortunately we've got movies in the park planned. do you still want to do lunch or drinks? give me a call.

Aug 2, 05 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

yeah,
i am at the library right now...i had forgotten to write down your number! will call soon.

Aug 2, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

I could jump into Rainbo for a hello...

Aug 2, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Tonights free night at the MCA - Dan Flavin retrospective

Aug 2, 05 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
trigirl

i'll be in town this weekend, thursday - sunday. anyone up for drinks? how about thursday night after 10pm? i know it's late for the professionals, but i'm still running off my grad students fumes...

Aug 2, 05 1:20 pm  · 
 · 

thursday at Rainbo (near corner of damen and division) 10 PM... I'll be there for a few drinks...

Aug 2, 05 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
trigirl

nice, john, nice. i'll be there after my booze cruise which docks at burnham harbor at 9:30. see the "what do archinects look like?" thread to find out who you're looking for.

Aug 2, 05 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
Pimpanzee

E.T. is playing tonite at the Grant Park 'Movie in the Park' Festival....

Aug 2, 05 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
ether

I'll be at the park tonight for E.T. and I think I've talked Steph into coming as well. I might be able to make a Thursday night at Rainbo.

Aug 2, 05 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

ooo i played at phyliss a bunch of time... great place... yay for chicago

Aug 2, 05 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

ET - Pimp from outerspace

Aug 2, 05 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Phyllis's Musical Inn?!?!?!?!

Are you nuts!

You're never gonna get the black framed glasses, Banana Republic wearing, downtown architect set in a place like that.

Aug 2, 05 6:16 pm  · 
 · 

don't judge too quickly, mm. i - a card-carrying, black-horizontal-glasses-and-banana-republic-wearing downtown architect LOVE that kind of place. too bad i'm not in chicago right now or i'd dare you to meet me there for drinks.

Aug 2, 05 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Hahaha, I'm just messing around.

Aug 2, 05 6:46 pm  · 
 · 

all you high profiling architect setters will fit right in, in new wicker park

new wicker park/bucktown

old wicker park/bucktown

Aug 2, 05 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

The empty bottle will soon be a gap clothing store

Aug 2, 05 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

and devil dogs has been taken from us

Aug 2, 05 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i will never ever meet any of you.

Aug 2, 05 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
psteiner

Phyllis's Musical Inn...good times there. I saw the "halfway house band" there, a bunch of art students, and one guy who used to work at the Congress for New Urbanism. Good mixed bunch there.

Aug 2, 05 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'm relatively new on this forum, but I'd be happy to meet up somewhere.

Rainbo Lounge on Damen on Thursday 08.04 at 10:00 PM, I assume?

Aug 2, 05 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

By the way, I just hope at least one person is wearing an "ARCHITECTURE SUCKS" T-shirt so that I'll be able to spot you.... As for me, I'll rummage around for something appropriately black.

Aug 2, 05 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

why does everyone like that hole called wicker park? move to rogers park be on the lake still get drugs.

Aug 2, 05 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my apologies to wicker parkers. i just like being by the lake.

Aug 2, 05 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
TED

its not about wicker park as da rainbo is really in u-krain village,

jj only frequents place which alway intentionally drop 'da W' in their name and still spins real vinyl......

Aug 3, 05 12:26 am  · 
 · 

east village to be exact...

Aug 3, 05 12:27 am  · 
 · 
TED

us lincoln parkers[snob snob snob snob] are crap with geography - i am convinced we are geography deprived due to walking the grid relentlessly. anyway dem doe's neighborhood names are the creation of da mayors mission to increas real estate taxes.... i used to not live in lincoln park but now richie can get more out of me if i live with the privaliged in da park. east village....sounds a bit new yorkish to me....what about west village???? south village?? are we village people?

god save the alderman!!! i mean da king.

Aug 3, 05 12:43 am  · 
 · 
Pimpanzee

TED - word. The whole Bucktown/WickerPark/East Village/Ukrainian Village Boundary thing is something you learn over time. Bucktown Blows - that's all you have to remember folks (j.k.)
Travel a few blocks into he depth of Ukranian Village (Originally All Polish ) and you will find some of the finest thoroughbred Polish Vixens this side of the Atlantic.....I love that part of town. What ever happend to Tuman's Alcohol Abuse Center - with Schlitz on Tap?

Aug 3, 05 12:47 am  · 
 · 
Pimpanzee

Sup Evil!?

Aug 3, 05 12:47 am  · 
 · 
Pimpanzee

TED...BTW.
There's a ca. 1900 Neighborhood map to verify the original hoods....I agree there have been a few invented recently, but some have been around for the long haul. Lakeview for example - perhaps the oldest developers wet dream...even back in the turn of the century - was there ever a view of the Lake? Bronzeville and the R.A.N.C.H. Triangle disrict are a couple of recent additions to the quest for history and subsequenty notion of establishment.

Aug 3, 05 12:52 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

PPZ - Long time no see. My vote is for Martini Ranch.

Aug 3, 05 11:09 am  · 
 · 
ether

Tuman's was remodeled and turned into Lincoln Park bar. The brownie lady no longer visits. =(

Aug 3, 05 11:20 am  · 
 · 
Pimpanzee

The brownie Lady was Busted a few months ago - The Yuppies were now complaining about her - it's funny, She was selling brownies for 20 years along Damen. Bought a few myself. She would say "These are good FOR you, and these good TO you".

Aug 3, 05 11:41 am  · 
 · 
ether

I've seen her on several occasions in the neighborhood - with empty hands. Oddly enough the majority of the times I've seen her around, she's hanging our talking to the cops.

Aug 3, 05 11:44 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

hey I used to work at the Cyote bldg and if there was a brownie lady HOW DID I MISS HER. There was the fat guy that sat in the chair all the time, the old Puerto Rican guy that would yell at the trains, but Brownie lady???

Aug 3, 05 11:57 am  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Empty Bottle to be a GAP soon. Hahah, not funny.

Aug 3, 05 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

My own personal favorite, Ten 56, is now also closed.

+Requiem in pace.

Aug 3, 05 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

i'd rather live in the east village than wicker park, and i'd rather live in wicker than rogers.
and i was wrong it wasn't the empty bottle it's another venue in wicker. I actually was kind of happy, i was missing the gap, not living in lincoln park anymore and hoping for the convienience of quality clothing close by.

Aug 3, 05 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

yes you were talking about the double door / old soul kitchen location at the blue line damen stop.

Aug 3, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

how bout Simons, and Carols Pub? I like those places.

Aug 3, 05 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
ether

we'll consider only if you can make it vado.

Aug 3, 05 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i can only make it on a weekend as i am two an a half hours out of the city by the lake. both those place are cash money only. but i'll go anywheres that a cab ride from irving park/montrose area which is where i craish when im in town.

Aug 4, 05 12:01 am  · 
 · 
ether

vado, i'll be around this weekend if you want to grab a beer or twelve. saturday is probably the better. otherwise if you cannot make it, we'll try and get you to the motor city this fall.

are you folks still interested in Rainbo tonight. say 9pm (that way we can get a few drinks in us before trigirl arrives from her booze cruise).

i do not own an architecture sucks t-shirt.

Aug 4, 05 10:35 am  · 
 · 
ether

how are we going to locate one another upon arrival?

john, evil, lletdownl, gin, trigirl, pimp, steiner, mm?

Aug 4, 05 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
raji

oh, i'll be there, rainbo tonight @ 9

Aug 4, 05 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

unfortunately, i have a "date" in indianapolis this weekend.

Aug 4, 05 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I'll be there, albiet drinking ice water on account of LaSalle Bank refusing to cash a freelance check until tomorrow (bastards). Look for this guy wearing tan shorts and a black shirt.

Aug 4, 05 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
Artful Dodger

ahhh rainbo, would have loved to make it to this; damn concert getting in the way.

drinks again in the near future?

Aug 4, 05 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

hit up the billygoat tavern and order some cheezburgers with coke!

Aug 5, 05 12:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: