Archinect
anchor

How to go about getting LEED certified?

impalajunkie

This might be easier than i think, but nobody at the firm I work for is LEED certified, so I don't have a mentor in this case. I'd spent about an hour or so looking through website, but didn't find a direct application link or membership procedure outline.
Any help would be appreciated! Cost? How long does it take? Classes? Tests? Yearly re-certification? thank you -a

Jul 29, 05 1:06 pm
notone-co

First thing, if your working to get LEED AP after you name, is to refer to the process that your going through by the correct name (a professor at my school busted me for this all the time.) Buildings are certified, and to get LEED awards for buildings you go through a certification process. People on the other are accredited. So you need to look information regarding the accreditation exam.

Under USGBC you can find their information on the actual exam. When you take it you go to a testing center just like GRE, you talk to them to take the USGBC LEED Accreditation Exam

Cost was I think $350.

It is a two-hour exam.

There are classes, but they are expensive and I believe not worth it.

Online you can find most of the information you need to study for free. You need the 2.1 reference manual, and there are a bunch of practice tests floating around, which have a lot of the questions from the test on them.

I think not only passing is a great accomplishment, but studying for it is a great way to intensify your "green" knowledge.

Search the forums here, because I remember there are some links to other websites with downloadable information.

Jul 29, 05 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

look [http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CMSPageID=69&]here[/url] and then open then exam overview .pdf.

Jul 29, 05 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

i mean here. damn i need some sleep

Jul 29, 05 2:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: