Archinect
anchor

Do you pay to feel important?

andimond

How many of you spend extra cash at a nighclub to make yourself seem important? And if you do, does it work? It seems to work in Las Vegas for thousands of people. Does money make you important?

Jul 28, 05 1:16 pm
MysteryMan

I am currently working on the opposite of that - I'm billing as much as I can from club projects! It makes me feel a whole lot better than giving them the money, especially the strip clubs. Score: Archinects $1, Clients - $999Trillion

Jul 28, 05 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
e

i have friends who own a bar and i often get comp'ed all of my drinks and food. i tip what i would have spend on my bill. it's a win win for everyone. i don't do it to feel important, but to share the love.

Jul 28, 05 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Murrye

yeah, vegas, at nat'l convention we were going to try to go to some 'clubs' but if you don't pay $30 to get in, then psssh, you're no one

Jul 28, 05 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

i've never been able to feel ok about paying cover for a club unless there was a band that i wanted to see. not even when i was young. there are free places to have fun and there are usually bands in need of/worth the money.

Jul 28, 05 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Why is it at the club the guy ordering $200 bottles usually doesnt have a job either?

Jul 28, 05 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
mello yello

I usually end up spending a lot of money not because I want to feel important but I just get too drunk to care.

Jul 29, 05 12:58 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

A story -

I recently sold one house and am using the proceeds to renovate a new one. Consequently my checking account balance is quite high - astronomically high for me, who is used to having single digits at the end of each pay period.

Anyway, I went into the bank today to talk to someone about upping my maximum daily ATM withdrawal limit, as it is only $200/day and I need to have cash to pay my student construction laborers. When the woman checked my account in the computer, she did a major double take and actually said "wwwuuhhhOOH OH MY goodness..." and quickly helped me change what I wanted to change.

The funny part? I'm sure one of the reasons she was so shocked to see my high balance was I was standing before her wearing my ARCHITECTURE SUCKS T-shirt!

Jul 29, 05 1:35 am  · 
 · 
tobyv

hahaha, nice one liberty...

that's happened to me before.. i was in line at a grocery store buying a pack of gum after work, and since i do carpentry, i was pretty smelly and dirty by that time. well i go and pay for the gum and i reach into my wallet and realize i only have a hundred dollar bill (just got paid). the cashier, who was probably the same age as me (17), bursts out with: "holy sh*t dude, you gots some major bling yo" or something to that extent.

i played the nonchalant attitiude like i handle 100's all the time. lol, so yeah i guess that made me feel important for a moment

Jul 29, 05 3:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: