Archinect
anchor

U2

mdler

read an article in MOJO about U2 this past weekend. It mentioned that Bono and the Edge were developing a car with Frank Gehry. Anyone know anything about this???

Jul 26, 05 12:08 pm
Manteno_Montenegro

U2 has issues. Specifically, their guitarist, The Edge.

You're bald, everyone knows it, so stop trying to hide it with stocking caps 24/7. Have some self confidence.

Also, they wouldn't play the Glastonbury festival because they wouldn't have control over the TV broadcast. Not everything has to be a spectacle, it is possible to just play music and let people watch it.

They also study video of their performance after each show to make sure they're being cool enough. Sad.

Jul 26, 05 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
architorturealist

actually he isn't bald...he really does have a full head of hair.

http://www.atu2.com/band/edge/

Jul 26, 05 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
norm

u2 is just another ok pop band.
gehry is just another ok pop architect.
seems like a perfect pop culture match.
if you like that sort of thing.

Jul 26, 05 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

norm, those photos are so old. Bono looks like he did in the 80s there. The Edge has not had long hair in a long long time. Old pictures of him show his thinning hair (reminds me of an uncle of mine).

Exhibit A: An old photo of The Edge. Notice receeding hairline, and similiar stylings as Michael Bolton: long hair in the back to somehow show ability to grow hair when you're loosing it where it really counts.

Exhibit B: The skin of The Edge's scalp is clearly visible across the top of his head. He has decided to go the route of chopping it all off, succombing to hair loss and balding.

Exhibit C: The Edge, in cranial disguise. Notice the thick facial hair he has grown. This is a common tactic used by men who have gone with the clean shave, in an effort to show that they can, in fact, still grow hair. He is also covered in trademark skull-cap. It will be this way until he dies.

Exhibit D: The Edge, again. This time, shown having a bit of a laugh. He is trying to show the photographer, and eventually, the world, that male balding is no reason to be depressed. In fact, he is one-upping any embarassment with the wearing of that t-shirt. That's "Mr. The Edge to you."

Jul 26, 05 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

*singing*
O-ver-ra-ted *clap clap clap-clap-clap*
O-ver-ra-ted *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Jul 26, 05 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

u2 is a great band. but not a great live rock n roll band. each show is exactly like the last. the playlists, the gestures.etc. of course, this is to be expected from a supergroup with their spectacular light shows etc. to be a great live band you have to be spontaneous. change your set at the drop of a hat etc. sorry for the etc.s. but its 3:30.

Jul 27, 05 4:37 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

U2 is probably the most overrated pop (not rock) band of our time. Now, pop is fine if it's done correctly, which is rare after roughly 1969, I'd say. But either way, U2 sucks, Bono is a media whore and they're all huge sell outs. I'm not sure if Gehry is a sell out or not, but Norm is right--ok pop band and ok pop architect.

Oh also, Bono wore sunglasses to the UN. I realize that our society is more informal these days, and it's a good thing, but have some respect you arrogant, self-righteous fuck.

Jul 27, 05 8:54 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Second the Over-Rated, maybe over-exposed is more appropriate. FLM, You know, ome people were born with these dark glasses, they can't help it. I suppose you'd give Richard Belzer & his dark sunglasses a hard time, too, huh?

As for the bald guy w/ cap - nobody outdoes Ron Howard.

Jul 27, 05 11:19 am  · 
 · 
norm

vado -
c'mon - they have never done anything that suprised me. i saw them in '87 (i think-the '80's are sort of blurry) at the orange bowl in miami and they still sound the same today. the next album is the same as the last. they are an ok pop band - nothing more - unless you count hype. of course - that's just my opinion.

Jul 27, 05 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

MM, you're probably right. It was a little hard of me to jump on him from that. Adult Onset Dark Sunglasses Syndrome (AODSGS) is a tough thing to deal with and it was insensitive and unfair of me to judge him on that. Looks like I'm the arrogant, self-righteous fuck... or at least both of us (Bono and I) are

Jul 27, 05 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

Also... http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=11worst

Jul 27, 05 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

"Adult Onset Dark Sunglasses Syndrome"

That's genius!!

Jul 27, 05 2:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: