Archinect
anchor

intern @ MoMA/ Cooper Hewiit

designrocks

Hello! I will be applying as an intern at both of these for next summer (arch dept @ MoMA) and was wondering if anyone had interned/ knows anything about the program. I'm concerned about the selectivity- any suggestions on how to make a resume stand out? Thank you so much in advance- any advice is greatly appreciated.

Jul 12, 05 6:22 pm
designrocks

anyone? please?

Jul 13, 05 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
nlp12

this year there were a record 500+ applicants for 8 positions. so needless to say...no internship here. i also applied for the arch dept. but sometimes a certain dept. doesn't need help - i think it depends on the year.

Jul 13, 05 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
designrocks

typical day

Dec 14, 05 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

actually. I'd talk to the curators directly. if they know you, see your enthusiastic then you are half way there.

I applied 2 years ago, didn't get a call back. When I asked the curator about it they said they thought it was a joke. Cheers!

CH has the triennial coming up late next year and so I'm sure they will take on extra people.

Dec 14, 05 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my old college girlfriend worked at the coooper hewitt. this was b4 you were born...

Dec 15, 05 2:04 am  · 
 · 
n_

my friend applied for an internship at the moma. they orignially said they would be able to pay about 16k a year for an intern. midway through the selection process, moma emailed the possible candidates and told them that their salary would be about 12k before taxes because of 'unforeseen budget circumstances'.

unfortunately, my friend had to drop out because she couldn't afford to live in nyc for a meager 12k a year (assuming she got the position).

Dec 15, 05 5:24 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Why not just apply for the Director's Job....or maybe thing about the
Chicago Art Institute, where you can filter to the paintings and architectural archives of Bruce Goff.

Dec 15, 05 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: