Archinect
anchor

Help with a daily ritual

liberty bell

I love that when you image google Agnes Martin you can't get anything even remotely usable as a representation of her work, because it is all so damnably utterly wonderfully subtle:

like this:

or this

or this:

Anyway, I post these because her painting/drawings represent hours upon hours of repetitive, deliberate yet intuitive process.

Look her up, the Cranbrook library has the monograph from 1993 that has fantastic representations of her work.

And I wanted to bump this thread up again...

Jul 23, 05 11:59 am  · 
 · 
ether

thanks lb. we have been diligently packing and/or out of town, so i've neglected my threads. 14 days and counting. i'll try to add some more this week.

Aug 1, 05 1:37 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh agnes makes me think of taos. way to bum me out...

Aug 1, 05 6:53 am  · 
 · 
anza

i had a drawing teacher that made us draw parallel lines on a 24X36 sheet each time we started the three hour drawing class "to warm up". the lines had to be drawn freehand, they had to be running across the entire length of the page and as straight as possible. agnes reminded me of this... also, the pencil had to always be kept as sharp as possible. this exercise practices patience, focus, serenity. i found it to be an excellent way to get into the drawing practice.

Aug 1, 05 8:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: