Archinect
anchor

2012 M.Arch Applicants, Commiserate Here!

jpugarte1

On MIT App Website: An admission decision has been emailed to you.

I haven't received the mail yet, I'm so f****** anxious!!!

Mar 13, 12 11:13 am  · 
 · 
eternalized

@jpugart1

same here!! ive been refreshing the page since this morning..and finally it changed with "An admission decision has been emailed to you" in the gray box 

But then on gradcafe, people knew their decision just by going to the website...

hopefully, this doesnt mean anything!!! 

Mar 13, 12 11:40 am  · 
 · 
jpugarte1

@eternalized

Yes, I've also noticed that. However, it doesn't make any sense to me that accepted students are notified on the App website while rejected ones are notified via email. 

Anyway, I'm kinda scared. Which program did you applied? I applied to SMArchS, first choice design, second choice computation. 

Good luck!!

Mar 13, 12 11:44 am  · 
 · 
enmod

@jpugarte1

actually there was an email sent yesterday by Nader Tehrani to the accepted students and the website was also updated showing a letter/rsvp to open house/acceptdecline form on the "welcome" page. but i'm not sure about the smarchs applicants.

Mar 13, 12 11:49 am  · 
 · 
tschural

@enmod and @jpugarte1 - where do you go to check your status for mit online? thanks so much!

Mar 13, 12 11:51 am  · 
 · 
enmod

@tschural

it's on the "welcome" page

http://cronlasso.mit.edu/adm/arch_app_status

Mar 13, 12 11:54 am  · 
 · 
tschural

@enmod Thanks!

Mar 13, 12 11:55 am  · 
 · 
jpugarte1

@enmod,

hahaha damn, I guess that probably means I'm out. Let's hope not!!

@tschural

http://cronlasso.mit.edu/adm/arch_app_status

I hope you like what you'll find there. Good luck!!

Mar 13, 12 11:56 am  · 
 · 
eternalized

@enmod

thanks for the information! hmm email probably means not good news then,..haha darnnn 

Mar 13, 12 11:58 am  · 
 · 
enmod

@jpugarte1

yeah i haven't seen any SMarchs got in yet so it might have bee junst MArch students

Mar 13, 12 11:58 am  · 
 · 
tschural

"As of March 7, 2012, some admissions decisions have been made. Over the next several weeks the rest of the decisions will be made and notifications will go out in the form of phone calls, emails, and mailed letters."

Mar 13, 12 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
jpugarte1

Why does that mail take so long to come!!??

Mar 13, 12 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
jpugarte1

@tschural, 

Look above, there is a gray box which says "Important Notices". There is where "An admission..." appears.

Mar 13, 12 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
enmod

@jpugarte1

oh yeah my status was updated yesterday first and email came couple hrs later haha

Mar 13, 12 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
jpugarte1

@enmod,

Well, congratz!! (I assume u got in)... And well, I guess that means I should get back to work. 

Mar 13, 12 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
k2886

@ enmod..couple hrs?? how many hrs..???

Mar 13, 12 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
ml3745

Hi everyone.  I'm new to this forum but going crazy with anticipation over decision letters from some of the M.Arch programs I applied to!!  I applied for dual degrees in Arch and Historic Preservation and have heard back from the HP programs but so far NO M.Arch letters!

Anyone have any idea when those will come out?

Schools Applied to: PennDesign, GSAPP, UMD and Pratt

fingers crossed for everyone else here!

Mar 13, 12 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Emini

Rejection of MIT M.Arch has started ... by Email

Mar 13, 12 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
phycon

@ml3745

I dont' know about others but I applied to MscHP/M.Arch for GSAPP only. I received admission letter from HP dept a week ago. I think everyone is still waiting for M.Arch GSAPP.

Mar 13, 12 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
jpugarte1

Yep, rejected. I guess SMArchS was out of my league. Thanks god I got accepted  @ GSD... I'm still waiting for SCI-Arc and MIT Media Lab (not the slightest chance of getting in there though)

Mar 13, 12 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
ml3745

@phycon

i just wish they would tell us already!  Congrats on MsHP though!  I got my letter from them about this time last week as well...holding my breath for M.Arch now!

Mar 13, 12 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
enmod

@ml3745

Upenn is tomorrow at 12pm. i think

Mar 13, 12 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
FederallyFunded

@ml3745

PennDesign is decisions are being updated tomorrow at noon...dont know about the rest..

Mar 13, 12 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
shawnswisher

@Hays Office

I felt that USC's program was very strong for undergrad, but that came with some issues. When I first got there, Bob Timme was still the dean and there was focus from leadership. Sadly, he passed away within my first year and, though the school knew he was ill, they scrambled to find a replacement dean over the next year or so. Dean Qingyun Ma brought a new international perspective to the school, and everyone was very excited when he came on. In his wake, though, several of the respected, older faculty members left, which brought in a flood of young, talented design faculty. I think USC excels in providing an education that has a practical background and a theoretical focus. As far as undergrad theory/history goes, I think it is one of the strongest programs. They also have invested into facilities and resources in the last few years that have really enhanced the program.

Ma also began to shift some of the greatest faculty resources from the undergrad to the graduate program in my last year. The perception from many of the students is that the grad program has some fantastic faculty, but that the quality of students (design skills in particular) is not up to par. I took a few courses at graduate level when I was in my 5th year, and those issues seemed apparent there.

Overall, USC's undergrad program provides a great foundation for going straight into the professional world, or moving on in academia. The grad program, however, still has some work to do in my opinion.

Mar 13, 12 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
m3tropolis

Has anyone received Yale aid package yet? Going crazy.
I received a package from them last night - a repeat of admission letter and a copy of Restrospecta.    -______-

stop teasing us!

Mar 13, 12 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
Westmo

Has anyone heard from UBC yet?

Mar 13, 12 2:00 pm  · 
 · 

just received yale financial aid offer. was mailed out March 9th and im in germany. 

its nice. doesnt cover everything.... 

Mar 13, 12 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
_rococo_

@phycon

Yep I'm going to the WUSTL Open House! And then flying to UCLA for theirs right afterwards.  Gonna be a crazy weekend.  Wash U's campus is pretty nice, rather wannabe-East-Coast-y, I think.  

Mar 13, 12 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
_rococo_

Got the MIT rejection email from Nader Tehrani.

Now I'm wishing I had had time this semester to make a trip to Boston to get a feel for Harvard and MIT.  If I went there now.... it would just feel weird!  Regretting that.

So! How to decide whether to just GO to one of my accepted schools vs. to apply again to places like the GSD when I've never even been there?  Heck, maybe I should take UCLA's Beverly Hills location over cold Massachusetts.  I wouldn't mind applying to the GSD again, BUT I would hate to have a very boring year working in Chicago only to get rejected again!  I NEED MORE TIME...........

Mar 13, 12 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
pillow

anyone heard from GSAPP?

Mar 13, 12 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
AA23

Everyone here heard from Syracuse ...? I haven't received any email yet .. M worried

Mar 13, 12 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
m3tropolis

had a phone "interview" with Syracuse last week... email of admission yesterday

Mar 13, 12 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
nmgeller88

I didn't have a phone interview or anything from Syracuse, but received an email notifying me of my acceptance with advanced placement to the program yesterday around this time

Mar 13, 12 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
tomahawks619

I just received the email yesterday notifying me that I got accepted. The email was from Sperenza for Syracuse. Very excited about that school since it has a lot of emphasis on parametric design

Mar 13, 12 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
emyen

has anyone heard anything about berkeley? anything beyond the first burst of acceptances? 

if we're waitlisted, surely they would tell us? i just fear because I'm leaving for the next week and a half so will miss all snail mail, and am then gone all April... 

Mar 13, 12 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
phycon

@kd489

phew. at least there is someone who talks about WUSTL. It is understandable that everyone is so hyped about ivy leagues. may be we'll see each other in two weeks in St.Louis. have you received any package from UCLA graduate division? I only got the dept chair acceptance package. USC is sending one package per week with earliest registration deadline on the 27th March! I am confused since I have never been to WUSTL and open house is only on 30th. USC or WUSTL? I have visited UCLA during my undergrad. So, it is unlikely for me to visit again but not sure yet. (if not, would you mind sharing info about UCLA? :D)

I'm waiting for GSAPP though. It seems that everyone applied including all ivies. One of my friends got into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, and of course waiting for Columbia as well! I bet he'll get it as well. I'm sure there are a ton of ppl like him. So, I don't think I have any chance although I am admitted to their MSHP.

Mar 13, 12 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
byen01

@westmo,

Canadian schools (UBC and U Toronto) seem to be taking their time getting decisions out, and they haven't stated a concrete release date. You could give them a call though? Last year, decisions seemed to steadily trickle in from mid March all the way through beginning of April, so it could be a while.

Mar 13, 12 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
medium

There's a GSAPP acceptance on gradcafe, but not sure that I trust it since it seems to be the only one...

Mar 13, 12 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
yascott

Columbia GSAPP results are out! Just got an email requesting that I check on the application website for my decision status. It's good news :)

Mar 13, 12 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
abraxass

@5986986909

wow, thanks so much man. ive already started delving into it, and it seems right on target. much appreciated.

Mar 13, 12 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
byen01

UVa decisions are (starting to be) released. Link at the very bottom of the page after you log in.

Mar 13, 12 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
utaustin2012

Just received acceptance email with attached letter for Cornell, M.Arch 1 with advanced placement.

Mar 13, 12 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
sofia k

In at GSD +$$, Columbia, Michigan+$, Sci Arc

Out at Princeton, Rice

M.Arch II applicant

So far GSD is the cheapest option and best in my situation, however I am still waiting 2 responses so we will see. Will be there for the GSD reception in NY.  Anyone else coming?

Mar 13, 12 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
FederallyFunded

I just got an email from Upenn reminding me that I can check my notification and financial aid letter tomorrow at 12 noon. Anyone else get anything like this????

Mar 13, 12 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
FederallyFunded

tomorrow.

Mar 13, 12 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
FederallyFunded

@ Raskladushka

I'm gonna be at the GSD reception! any idea what it is actually about?

Mar 13, 12 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
dev09

@ FederallyFunded

i got the same email from upenn, but i thought it was a generic notification that everyone gets?

Mar 13, 12 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
FederallyFunded

@dev09

Yeah thats what i thought too....GL!

Mar 13, 12 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
ml3745

@yascott

I don't see an decision notice on my application for GSAPP....was it somewhere else maybe??

Mar 13, 12 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
dev09

@ FederallyFunded

thanks, you too! the financial aid part is certainly misleading. i wonder if anybody did NOT receive this email..?

Mar 13, 12 5:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: