Archinect
anchor

Interview Advice - How to present portfolio?

qianchen

Hi, I am a recent grad with B.arch degree, and I am looking for entry-level jobs. Can I ask for everyone's advice on how you present your portfolio during interviews?

I have some specific questions like:

1. What's your general structure?

2. How many projects you usually present?

3. How much detail you speak about each project/ drawings?

4. How do you maximize the information you give but not inundating the interviewers?

5. Any other tips?

Any advice is very appreciated!

(Here's a link to my portfolio: https://issuu.com/xixierin/doc..., I would really appreciate for any portfolio feedback as well!)

May 31, 21 1:37 pm

1. Bring another copy for the interviewer.         2. 3-5,6,7 from your portfolio.                             3. 25 words or less describing the design intent.                                                                      4. See #3.                                                                5. Project confidence in your abilities and an interest learning, interview them as well, ask them about hours in the AXP or whatever they are calling it now etc.                                                             

May 31, 21 8:27 pm  · 
2  · 
qianchen

Thanks for sharing this! that's very helpful.

Jun 2, 21 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Sorry, Android error

May 31, 21 8:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: