Archinect
anchor

EESA Evaluation

ArchSp

I have a non accredited M.ARCH from USA and bachelor's from India. Has anyone gone through the process of EESA evaluation for getting License? Any one in Texas?  Please message me, thanks

Feb 11, 18 9:57 pm
catherinepeter

I'm looking for the same. Any updates?

Dec 8, 20 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
parampatel

Param Patel - I am a registered architect in India with the council of architecture. I have completed my Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) a 5-years Professional program from a university in India. I am considering doing my master's in the USA with a non-NAAB accredited post-professional(non-professional) program in advanced architecture. My question is will I be able to apply for a license in the USA after completing the AXP program and the ARE exam if I have a foreign Professional B. Arch (5years) degree and a master degree from a non -NAAB accredited post-professional program from a USA university?

Jan 9, 21 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
catherinepeter

I would recommend you start an NCARB record and get your current experience added to the experience requirement, upto 1800 hours of foreign experience can be added. Ask NCARB whether you are eligible for foreign architect path, which you can request when you are in India ( COA will require you to renounce the title if you are leaving India), so try doing that from India. Check NCARB page, some states require an NAAB, some don't, in California I guess no NAAB accredited degree is required. You can contact me on [email protected].  I'm trying to find more details as possible, I missed the chance to make use of the foreign architects path and right now seeking info on EESA, the reply is pretty slow from NCARB and no response from EESA.

Jan 11, 21 8:57 am  · 
 · 
ayushiwajpe

Ayushi Wajpe: I have four years of professional experience as a certified architect in India, and I also hold a master's degree in urban design. I want to move to the United States for personal reasons. Could someone kindly advise me as to whether I may work in architecture businesses without a degree from a US university? Please offer any further suggestions as well.

May 28, 24 6:28 am  · 
 · 
parcspace

hi all, I went through the EESA process successfully several years ago. It was actually fairly straightforward. Check the courses you’ve taken already against the ncarb standard coursework for an accredited degree. If you’re planning on taking an MSci or similar that’s not accredited, that coursework should count towards your accreditation, but it’s going to be pretty literally applied, so if you are taking more studios than you need, you don’t get to use courses to get out of taking other courses that are explicitly listed in the standard. I suppose if you were strategic, you could start EESA with what you have, then go get your MSc and ask them to pre-approve the coursework to fill your gaps. You’ll need to pay to start the evaluation however and I believe there is some kind of time limit to satisfy all the requirements, so it’s risky. Once you pay to start the process, they were good to work with and clear and fair. I think I saw on here a few years ago, someone posted that only a few thousand people have gotten through the process successfully, so be warned it might be a sunk cost and realize you’re taking a risk, so you want to check the standard very carefully to be confident you have a path to completion… consider it good practice for dealing with bureaucracy to build in many parts of the US :) good luck!

May 28, 24 6:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: